IGNORED

Short stay parking at Gatwick Airport

Dollymarie

I’ve got to go and pick someone up just before Christmas from Gatwick.

I want to park the car and go in to meet them, and so am wondering how easy this is to do?  She’s flying from Vegas. Is there more than one terminal and so therefore more than one place to park?

Plus are there various options for parking, as in if I pre-pay for the parking is it cheaper etc?

Basically any tips or advice, and I’d be grateful. Thank you :) 

Now this may not work, but it's just an idea. Taken from something similar I do for Birmingham Airport pick ups.

Park / wait at Horley train Station car park just up the road. Wait for your friend to land. Once they let you know, drive around to Gatwick in the short stay car park zone

By the time you've parked and got into the arrival gate, your friend may still be getting all their stuff together in baggage claim.

Then you just pay for the short time you're parked in the short stay.

Another popular spot for waiting for flight arrivals, used by many taxi drivers, is Tesco Gatwick on the A217 next to the Gatwick Holiday Inn. A large car park and similar to Batman's location about 5 minutes to Gatwick.

This is not strictly allowed but...….if your friend knows Gatwick you could pick them up from the drop off point then there are no car park charges involved :whistle:

I do this with my family. I wait at Tesco's, they ring when they are at the drop off point and then I nip round and pick them up.

Archived