IGNORED

Oops

Rudolf Hucker

Last night, Yate Town Council held its "Mayor's Civic Service - A Celebration of Music in our Community".

It was held in St Mary's Church, Yate and presided over by the local vicar. It was packed full of local people there to see performances by the local school choir, the community choir as well as the choral society. The service had prayers and a psalm as well as an address by the Mayor. The finale to the evening was performed by a classic rock covers band. I'm guessing that the organisers never said the name of the band aloud before booking them. Mrs H tells me that the ladies in the choir were giggling uncontrollably ...

Yate Town Council Civic Service 2 20181016.JPG

21 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Last night, Yate Town Council held its "Mayor's Civic Service - A Celebration of Music in our Community".

It was held in St Mary's Church, Yate and presided over by the local vicar. It was packed full of local people there to see performances by the local school choir, the community choir as well as the choral society. The service had prayers and a psalm as well as an address by the Mayor. The finale to the evening was performed by a classic rock covers band. I'm guessing that the organisers never said the name of the band aloud before booking them. Mrs H tells me that the ladies in the choir were giggling uncontrollably ...

You're the lead singer?

On 17/10/2018 at 14:53, Rudolf Hucker said:

I have an old T-shirt somewhere, with a large, raucous bar scene captioned:

'Last Chance Saloon.

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear'.

I always used to attract strange looks when I wore it - I just assumed this was due to the T-shirt.

Archived