IGNORED

Both first team keepers injured (Merged)

BCFC1512

3 minutes ago, Antman said:

He would have had pretty intensive physio

NM's injury must be quite bad if he still hasn't recovered after the break.

It looked bad and surprised it wasn’t talked about much on here. Usually muscle problems are 3-6 weeks depending on severity. That and NM is almost mid 30s. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Whats the emergency loan ruling for this? 

I thought we'd be able to get one because Max has played less than 5 games for us, not 100% sure though!

Let the kid play. He has to start sometime. No time like the present. Good luck Max. Make the spot your own. 

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Whats the emergency loan ruling for this? 

I thought we'd be able to get one because Max has played less than 5 games for us, not 100% sure though!

Emergency Goalkeeper Loan

If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:

certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;

suspended; or

called up to play for his national association representative matches in accordance with the requirements of FIFA as laid down from time to time,

a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulations 43.2 and 43.3), a further goalkeeper on a short term basis in accordance with the following provisions.

The Club must supply to The League, (including by facsimile) written evidence to demonstrate the circumstances set out in Regulation 57.1 apply, together with the appropriate form(s) for his registration and The League having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation:

in respect of any fixture played on a weekday when the Office is normally open, at least three hours before the match; or

in respect of any other fixture:

a)

12 noon on the day of the match; or

b)

at least three hours before the match,

whichever is the earlier.

The period of any Emergency Goalkeeper Loan:

shall be for a period of seven days, inclusive of the starting date and finishing date; and

may be renewed for seven days at a time, subject to compliance with Regulation 57.2 in respect of each proposed renewal.

The provisions of Regulation 54.4.2 shall not apply to an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan.

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Some pretty disrespectful comments on here. Give the lad a chance. Always looked good to me

He could turn out to be great- not knocking his competence, more reservations over his experience away to search an attack minded, flowing side as Brentford.

It's a tough ask for any young debutant keeper in those circs!

Good luck to the young lad, there comes a point with any younger player when he has to take the next step.

It is, of course, a bigger step for a keeper than an outfield player but he has been in and around the squad for some time now so that will be an advantage.

It is a fantastic opportunity for him to stake a claim for the shirt.

Lets hope that whoever is  selected to play in front of him are at the top of their game.

4 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Well if Saturday is anything like the the last 3/4 times we’ve played Brentford he’ll certainly have a busy afternoon. 

Good luck to the lad.

The game should pass quickly for him then. You know those first days in a new job, hanging around awkwardly with nothing proper to do, feeling conspicuous, being introduced to, er, ten people and thinking: "I'll never remember his name tomorrow, the time just drags....

Viral meningitis can be very serious. So at the moment it may be impossible for the club to estimate how long FF will be out. I'm assuming his hip problem is resolved but only based on how long he's been out with that.

I suspect LJ will try for an experienced short term loan even if he keeps Max in the side, until Maenpaa or FF recover.

3 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Emergency Goalkeeper Loan

If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:

certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;

suspended; or

called up to play for his national association representative matches in accordance with the requirements of FIFA as laid down from time to time,

a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulations 43.2 and 43.3), a further goalkeeper on a short term basis in accordance with the following provisions.

The Club must supply to The League, (including by facsimile) written evidence to demonstrate the circumstances set out in Regulation 57.1 apply, together with the appropriate form(s) for his registration and The League having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation:

in respect of any fixture played on a weekday when the Office is normally open, at least three hours before the match; or

in respect of any other fixture:

a)

12 noon on the day of the match; or

b)

at least three hours before the match,

whichever is the earlier.

The period of any Emergency Goalkeeper Loan:

shall be for a period of seven days, inclusive of the starting date and finishing date; and

may be renewed for seven days at a time, subject to compliance with Regulation 57.2 in respect of each proposed renewal.

The provisions of Regulation 54.4.2 shall not apply to an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan.

They won't pay the wages

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Max will be fine. He's a good keeper even if inexperienced at Championship level.

Who will be on the bench? Bring back Wollacott who is at Truro on loan or Sesay? I'd go for Sesay, who I believe will ultimately be the best of the three.

Absolutely.... Sesay when ive seen him has looked class & will have a big future in the game.

Let's show him faith & get him in the match day squad...

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He could turn out to be great- not knocking his competence, more reservations over his experience away to search an attack minded, flowing side as Brentford.

It's a tough ask for any young debutant keeper in those circs!

It might just make the rest of the team step up their concentration to protect him on his league debut .

I'm delighted that we haven't gone down the emergency loan route.

Pathway to the first team remains open.

Good luck to the lad .

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Who'll be the sub keeper? 

Better that Max has time to mentally prepare rather than be sprung on him at the last minute, but not sure the club were wise in leaking the news to Brentford this early 

I’m sure Tinman donned the gloves at some point? I know I saw Rob Newman and Louis Carey between the sticks at differing times too....used to love it when an outfield player was forced to go in goals!

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m sure Tinman donned the gloves at some point? I know I saw Rob Newman and Louis Carey between the sticks at differing times too....used to love it when an outfield player was forced to go in goals!

Tinman away to chesterfield, maybe 97/98 season I think. Possibly a couple of years later.

Any keeper making their league debut will be a tough ask, but he’s had a game and a half v West Brom in FA Cup and 90 v Plymouth in EFL Cup, so not quite thrown in at the deep end.

Sink or swim time....and I am sure the City fans will be backing him and giving him as much encouragement as possible.

There is something about the City fan that gets behind ‘our own” and I hope it transfers to the rest of the team.

50 minutes ago, kit said:

Tinman away to chesterfield, maybe 97/98 season I think. Possibly a couple of years later.

Possibly during the Wilson era as well. Seem to remember him grabbing the gloves at some point, possibly in a cup game - only because I think I was sat in a different seat to my ST one.

There is also a chance I dreamt it though....

Archived