IGNORED

Both first team keepers injured (Merged)

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

Anyone remember Stefan Maierhoffen? A big Austrian centre forward on loan from Wolves played 3 games in 2010.  Went in goal as no sub GK on bench, IIRC made a better impression in goal than as a striker!

kept a clean sheet as well!

5 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

They won't pay the wages

Fairly sure that unless there are some hidden clauses that if you have a single professional keeper fit then you can't loan one.

2 or 3 of our younger keepers have signed professional terms and seeing as that mentions nothing about experience level then you have to play the kids, no loans.

43 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Just heard LJ on Radio Bris.... Stated he has every faith in our young goalie,  he also confirmed that an emergency loan goalkeeper is an option available to us should we need one.  

Yeah unless its changed, I'm  sure the ruling was that it's available should you need it, so long as your backup has played 5 games or less.

The issue with an emergency loan, is that you're effectively going to be taking someone on loan who has played little first team football, and is quite possibly backup to the backup. In either case they arent going to know the players in front of them.

When you think about it like that, it makes sense to test out Max. If after Saturday he looks a bit shaky and both NM/FF are still not ready, then try for a loan.

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It might just make the rest of the team step up their concentration to protect him on his league debut .

I'm delighted that we haven't gone down the emergency loan route.

Pathway to the first team remains open.

Good luck to the lad .

Best of luck to him and that may well be a positive- may improve our alertness at the back and intensity in midfield.

I'm sure O'Leary will be fine.

More interesting is can we trust whoever is the backup to the backup? With our luck, O'Leary will get injured in the first minute.

Anyone remember who we played a couple of years ago (possibly Scunthorpe) whose keeper went off injured and the sub keeper only lasted 5 minutes before getting hurt himself?

21 hours ago, BS13Red said:

Remember that he made his debut at the Hawthorns in the cup game and came out unscathed and that’s not exactly an easy place to play either 

You misunderstand - it's not him I'm worried about, it's how the other 10 in front of him usually perform in this fixture! I fully expect him to have plenty to do, probably too much.

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m sure Tinman donned the gloves at some point? I know I saw Rob Newman and Louis Carey between the sticks at differing times too....used to love it when an outfield player was forced to go in goals!

Went in after Naylor got sent off against Burnley in my first ever league game, 96/97. We won 2-1 and he pulled off a blinding save (for an outfield player) from a freekick.

With luck the couple of times he's turned out before helps with his initial nerves, from reports he's a decent keeper it's as much the defence I worry about. 
If they are as good as they can be at least he won't be peppered with shots, and he has played 50+ games at around Conference level. 
I just think they are better than us , but then, we don't know what City will turn up, 3 x L's and 2x D's in our last 5 games is not the best form to be going there with a new keeper but :fingerscrossed:

19 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You misunderstand - it's not him I'm worried about, it's how the other 10 in front of him usually perform in this fixture! I fully expect him to have plenty to do, probably too much.

My clinging of hope is that we have got a lot of players who haven’t played ‘this fixture’ for us before. Saying that, there can’t be many City fans going into this fixture with too much confidence. I’m fully expecting to take a loss, just hope it’s not down to poor Max!

It’s up to the defence to protect him and the forwards to get the asses into gear and have some shots, that would be my team talk anyway. LJ if you want me to tell that to the players I’m available! :laugh:

1 hour ago, RedM said:

My clinging of hope is that we have got a lot of players who haven’t played ‘this fixture’ for us before. Saying that, there can’t be many City fans going into this fixture with too much confidence. I’m fully expecting to take a loss, just hope it’s not down to poor Max!

You are right there. To cheer myself up, I watched the highlights of the Man u game again. I was amazed to see that only 3 of the starters that day are likely to start at Brentford!

Archived