IGNORED

Injured List

RedM

Injured

Korey Smith (knee)  18/08/18 - Middlesbrough (H) 5 or 6 months estimate. 

Liam walsh, injured at Ipswich 28/11. Torn knee ligament, out for 10 weeks. 

Frank Fielding (Thumb) late February - ?

• The topic was pinned

After discussion here https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/197444-injured-list/  I’m happy to trial this. If people want to reply to this thread I will edit in much the same way we did the transfer thread. Info will be taken from the OS and other media, so not stating anything that isn’t widely known already, just in one place.

51 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Eisa played on Monday evening for Under 23 against Palace.

Good news. Pisano didn't feature though, presumably still injured.

Think his was a 6 week+ injury, due back early November iirc.

One to add to RedM's list perhaps?

12 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good news. Pisano didn't feature though, presumably still injured.

Think his was a 6 week+ injury, due back early November iirc.

One to add to RedM's list perhaps?

I’ve left out Pisano for now as he’s not listed as injured on the OS, but to be fair nor is Frankie’s  latest or Maenpaa.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I’ve left out Pisano for now as he’s not listed as injured on the OS, but to be fair nor is Frankie’s  latest or Maenpaa.

True, but you'd have to ask why not - he should be really.

Long term injury - '6 weeks+ ' - with no sign of return.

One thing about these long term injuries is players can become almost forgotten, with no updates from the club.

Players like Eros seem to go off the club's radar (no inclusion on the OS injury list or updated information on their likely recovery) hence this thread could actually become more comprehensive than the OS and therefore more useful to us as fans.

19 hours ago, RedM said:

Hakeeb Adelakun (ankle)  Preseason 14 Weeks estimate

Frank Fielding (hip) Preseason 12 weeks estimate. Update: Viral Meningitis confirmed 17/10. Time scale unknown. 

Korey Smith (knee)  18/08/18 - Middlesbrough (H) 5 or 6 months estimate. 

Tomas Kalas (fractured jaw) 21/09/18 - Wigan (A) 6 Weeks.

Niki Mäenpää - (Abductor strain) 07/10/18 - Sheffield Weds (H) 4 or 5 weeks. 

Updates

Mo Eisa played 15/10/18 U23 v Palace after ankle injury

What about Bailey Wright? Is there any news on him?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What about Bailey Wright? Is there any news on him?

Good point. Long term injured after putting his back out ( pre-season?) pulling his pants up first thing in the morning.

May have been a subsequent problem too.

Another one to go along with Eros, long time missing, no significant updates - I thought RedM's list (taken from the Official Site) looked a bit on the short side.

Earlier this morning the club released this on the OS, must have seen our thread on here! :laugh:

I’ve added this to the first post but left their original injuries visible for now as many aren’t back fully. Might be a bit messy looking but better to have all the info than not?

Hakeeb Adelakun is back in training, “still finding his feet”

Mo Eisa is “rusty but that’s natural” after featuring for the Under-23s on Monday night

Tomas Kalas is back in non-contact training, expected to continue next week

Eros Pisano is back running

Callum O’Dowda is being assessed after feeling unwell on international duty but "signs are good"

Bailey Wright and Korey Smith remain long-term injuries

Sounds more promising

We've got a few injuries. Obviously Nathan Baker came off on Saturday, we're monitoring that, we're not sure if it's concussion or not, we've got to go through the protocols to make sure he's okay. Tomas Kalas has come back in and trained the last few days. Bailey Wright is slowly coming back, Frank Fielding will be a little bit longer with his illness, Niki Maenpaa will be a week or two with his adductor. Eros Pisano is back on the grass running, it's good, he's getting stronger by the day, and we've got Hakeeb Adelakun and Mo Eisa back in full training which is a big plus.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Sounds more promising

We've got a few injuries. Obviously Nathan Baker came off on Saturday, we're monitoring that, we're not sure if it's concussion or not, we've got to go through the protocols to make sure he's okay. Tomas Kalas has come back in and trained the last few days. Bailey Wright is slowly coming back, Frank Fielding will be a little bit longer with his illness, Niki Maenpaa will be a week or two with his adductor. Eros Pisano is back on the grass running, it's good, he's getting stronger by the day, and we've got Hakeeb Adelakun and Mo Eisa back in full training which is a big plus.

Really looking forward to seeing Adelakun, it could be useful having a fresh winger come xmas and the new year. No mention of Pack, so have to assume it's just a flesh wound :).

On 22/10/2018 at 21:45, Port Said Red said:

Really looking forward to seeing Adelakun, it could be useful having a fresh winger come xmas and the new year. No mention of Pack, so have to assume it's just a flesh wound :).

Hang on, I've seen Monty Python so I know what a flesh would looks like.

I hope Pack's injury is nowhere near that bad! 

On 22/10/2018 at 16:52, Super said:

Sounds more promising

Hakeeb and Mo back in full training has brightened my Monday, totally missed that. Minutes on Sat maybe? 

On 05/11/2018 at 16:44, maxjak said:

Great news.........that Korey has signed a contract extension, he has been sorely missed, and I look forward to seeing him restored to our midfield asap. ?

Not sure about Korey to be honest. 

Im not sure what he actually gives us. For a midfielder doesn’t score many goals, not Many assists, in my opinion not really a midfield hard man. 

8 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Footballs moved on from the 90’s pal.

Yes I recognise that but there are still the basics associated to being a midfielder. I believe that at our level that’s either the creative goal scoring type or the defensive midfielder who protects the back four. To be honest Korey is neither and I believe that josh Brownhill offers more in that position, particularly with regard to goals from midfield. 

Archived