IGNORED

Gary Johnson phone call - funny

Eddie Hitler

Currently live on Radio Cornwall phone in; it is the 12 noon show on here but won't be on listen again until after 3pm when it's finished.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl77

What's funny is that they didn't mean to call him; the producer called the wrong person and the presenter asked him what his problem was (I don't have a problem?) and then asked him about his skip company (I don't own a skip company) whereupon Gary asked if it was April 1st.  Turned into a discussion about Torquay.  The producer had even called him five minutes before to check he would be okay to speak at five past twelve but didn't say what it was about.

Only a couple of minutes and 'tis funny.

Skip guy on now; not as interesting.

(Yes I know that he is no longer our manager etc etc etc I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!)

Edit: it is right at the start - first call.

What's all this sign in/register BBC bollocks all about ?  ffs.. Why do they need D.O.Birth, email address etc ? Internet has taken a big turn for the worse in recent times and this is an example of it...

What used to be so simple has been ****ed up  almost every step of the way data hungry data collecting organisations throughout the web, why do they need all this shit? It's not like a paid for subscription or online retail outlet that obviously and understandably needs these things and payment details etc... FFS its all 'click to agree' 'click to accept' 'tick you have read t&c's etc.. Drives me nuts...

But the bloody BBC (who I already pay £140odd quid a year to for their services ) now demand more personal details, (all disguised as required to offer us 'better personalised services' or whatever... Well Auntie Beeb, I don't require 'personal services' from any relation thanks.. (that's bloody disgusting, you filthy cow)  just treat me like a friend and neighbour ( nit a bloody nosey one though eh?)

Wouldn't mind hearing GJ on this audio 'it'll be alright on the night' type blooper from BBC radio , but sod 'em !  

14 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

What's all this sign in/register BBC bollocks all about ?  ffs.. Why do they need D.O.Birth, email address etc ? Internet has taken a big turn for the worse in recent times and this is an example of it...

What used to be so simple has been ****ed up  almost every step of the way data hungry data collecting organisations throughout the web, why do they need all this shit? It's not like a paid for subscription or online retail outlet that obviously and understandably needs these things and payment details etc... FFS its all 'click to agree' 'click to accept' 'tick you have read t&c's etc.. Drives me nuts...

But the bloody BBC (who I already pay £140odd quid a year to for their services ) now demand more personal details, (all disguised as required to offer us 'better personalised services' or whatever... Well Auntie Beeb, I don't require 'personal services' from any relation thanks.. (that's bloody disgusting, you filthy cow)  just treat me like a friend and neighbour ( nit a bloody nosey one though eh?)

Wouldn't mind hearing GJ on this audio 'it'll be alright on the night' type blooper from BBC radio , but sod 'em !  

Relax WH.

You just need to confirm you have a TV licence, then you can watch and listen to BBC

16 minutes ago, Selred said:

@WhistleHappy you can’t have something for nothing pal. 

That's quite right, and why I've finally gotten around to subscribing to OTIB … it's probably the best value for £5 available on the net,  (admittedly 14000 odd posts late, :fastasleep: … but better late than never as they say :thumbsup:). 

I'll tell you that for nothing .. 'pal' .. (bloody annoying expression that btw...) mate.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

You don't need a licence to listen to iPlayer radio and, unless it's changed, you don't even need a valid email address.  Just something that looks like one, so whistle.happy@bristol.co.uk for example.

I used an old one that's defunct as there is (or was) no validation email.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I feel your pain WhistleHappy, drives me away from many sites, by the way I’ve just had my license renewal and it’s now £150 !

On 19/10/2018 at 15:19, WhistleHappy said:

It is so they can "personalise" your content. In layman's terms this is to track your behaviour and interests. Before you had to agree to having a TV license but that meant nobody bothered singing in because, lets be honest, nobody wants to. The "click to accept" banners that take a 1/3 of the screen are EU regulations.

On 19/10/2018 at 15:33, PHILINFRANCE said:

Relax WH.

You just need to confirm you have a TV licence, then you can watch and listen to BBC

Which in itself is odd, as there is no check other than me saying “yes I have a tv license”. I’m guessing it’s some regulation they have to follow for online content ?

On 19/10/2018 at 16:19, WhistleHappy said:

To stop people like me access for free what you pay for!! 

I prefer the old way, that's for sure!!

Archived