IGNORED

Leeds United Away - November

reddogkev

Just looking ahead to this game (Nov 24th) and decided to go to see City at Elland Road for what would be my first time.  Quick question for those who usually go away, will this game make general sale, or is it advisable to buy a membership, and if so do you reckon that will guarantee a ticket?

I have no idea how many tickets are usually allocated to City there, anyone recall what it was last season?

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just looking ahead to this game (Nov 24th) and decided to go to see City at Elland Road for what would be my first time.  Quick question for those who usually go away, will this game make general sale, or is it advisable to buy a membership, and if so do you reckon that will guarantee a ticket?

I have no idea how many tickets are usually allocated to City there, anyone recall what it was last season?

Cheers.

I’ll think you’ll be fine without a membership, generally Leeds give up to 2,500 away tickets. I’ll be surprised if we take more than 1200.

@Carey 6 game isn’t on tv , that weekend has already been announced 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

You'll get a ticket on general sale,they usually charge about £35+ up there & we never take many. 

I'm thinking about going up to this one, just need to check if the TV games have already been announced for that weekend. 

3 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

will easily get a ticket......likely to make potd

Quality, is it usually a decent atmosphere?

1 minute ago, daored said:

I’ll think you’ll be fine without a membership, generally Leeds give up to 2,500 away tickets. I’ll be surprised if we take more than 1200.

@Carey 6 game isn’t on tv , that weekend has already been announced 

Cheers, though knowing my luck, the game will sell out this time!

8 minutes ago, daored said:

It’s a good ground to go to, can be hostile.

Ground relatively close to city centre for drinking, would recommend you go

Had a feeling it would be a hostile place, with the trouble that some times flares at Ashton Gate.  Looking forward to it!

24 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Cheers.

It'll make it to general sale I would think. I always going to Leeds, great pubs in the city centre and about 20-30min walk to the ground. I'm actually going to be in Leeds that day by coincidence, might see if I can get a pass from the boss

5 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

It'll make it to general sale I would think. I always going to Leeds, great pubs in the city centre and about 20-30min walk to the ground. I'm actually going to be in Leeds that day by coincidence, might see if I can get a pass from the boss

That is a spectacular coincidence!  If I can get a pass from my boss (aka the wife) I'll be there.

41 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Cheers, though knowing my luck, the game will sell out this time!

I doubt we’d sell the 3k at Elland Road at 39 quid a pop if it was a playoff semi, be surprised if we take more than 1k for this one.

43 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Quality, is it usually a decent atmosphere?

It is now it’s near full most weeks, used to be shite when they were getting 15-20k though a few years back.

53 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Cheers.

Are you not regular at Ashton Gate reddog? A membership makes sense for anyone attending more than a couple of games a season.

27 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Cheap and quick bus ride too, I got a taxi back into town on the way back because they shut the road. There is a taxi rank. I’ll be on my own so if anyone wants to share? I’m getting the coach up from London

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are you not regular at Ashton Gate reddog? A membership makes sense for anyone attending more than a couple of games a season.

You are right, and I really should get one, but I have the knack of being able to pick up cheap or free tickets for City games at Ashton Gate.  The last game I went to (Sheff Weds) for example was a free ticket thanks to my son's Bristol Sport school club!  My next game will be a tenner to watch us against Stoke ...

As an added bonus something is up with the trains into Leeds that day - don't know how it affects a journey from Bristol but I looked last week and none of the regular direct services from London are running and you have to go via Chesterfield. 

Marching On Together.

Via Chesterfield.

If you like Phoenix Nights you should have a drink and a plate of chips in the official "restaurant" / wipe clean diner by the away entrance. If you've ever been to a social club or a village hall with no windows, you will STILL have no idea how bad Leeds away end "restaurant"' truly is. 

But then again take into account the area around the ground and it's literally the only place to easily get a drink nearby unless you walk 10 minutes to the edge of the dual carriageway (Drysalters?). Better off staying central in Leeds and getting a taxi or one of the shuttle buses by the Hilton as late as possible.   

I've only been there once (the infamous Nicky Hunt game). I thought it was a decent away trip, despite the football that day. There's not much to do in the area around the ground but it's not too far from the city centre and overall a pretty good place to spend the weekend.

I always tend to have a weekend in Leeds when we play Barnsley away, although I did stay in Barnsley for one of them, it was cracking night out, except my car got trashed for having a tiny reference to Bristol on the number plate. But Leeds is a brill place to have a couple of nights out - going to places like that and Newcastle really make me realise how a one club City can get fanatical support - I’ve often wondered where we’d be right now if we didn’t have that annoying little nephew up the road...

I was in the Algarve last week and got chatting to a bloke wearing a Leeds United T shirt in the hotel bar.

He was my age and remembered that Norman Hunter had played for City and he named the entire ‘dirty Leeds’ team from the 70s.....He reckoned that nobody likes Leeds then and still don’t.........

He’d never been to AG or Bristol for that matter so I bigged up our beautiful city and of course the redevelopment of AG. He said that if your not a SC holder at Leeds it’s very difficult to get away tickets as their away allocation  is sold out in no time and he wasn’t a SC holder......

Archived