IGNORED

Owls v Boro

Lanterne Rouge

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

And you are Bob? I seem to remember you avoiding my question to explain SLs philosophy/strategy.......

Bottom line is that players like Bannan are few and far between and rarely available. I’m sure that if LJ wanted to sign a Bannan type midfielder then he’d have to persuade SL that there was no alternative given the depth of City’s midfield options.

The depth of City's midfield options?

Depth. What depth?

No defensive central midfield supremo.

Poor creativity for strikers.

Non existent for scoring goals.

Korey injured so only Pack and Brownhill for central midfield. Walsh, Morrell, Hegeler and others not considered up to standard for even a ten minute sub cameo.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

The depth of City's midfield options?

Depth. What depth?

No defensive central midfield supremo.

Poor creativity for strikers.

Non existent for scoring goals.

Korey injured so only Pack and Brownhill for central midfield. Walsh, Morrell, Hegeler and others not considered up to standard for even a ten minute sub cameo.

Read what l posted again CA! then, hopefully you’ll understand what the vast majority of us fans can see - a lack of depth in the City midfield. We all can see it and no doubt LJ can see it but for him to go to SL and ask to fund an established Championship midfielder would not comply with SLs transfer strategy.........the last manager to do that got the sack...........

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Read what l posted again CA! then, hopefully you’ll understand what the vast majority of us fans can see - a lack of depth in the City midfield. We all can see it and no doubt LJ can see it but for him to go to SL and ask to fund an established Championship midfielder would not comply with SLs transfer strategy.........the last manager to do that got the sack...........

Even Jose wouldn't ask for another signing - if he'd already signed 38 (THIRTY EIGHT) players already!  At some point the manager has to work with what he's got (ie his 38 signings) especially as he has so many expensively developed young talent as well 

Never in the field of football management has one man signed so many, for so much, and achieved so little

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Even Jose wouldn't ask for another signing - if he'd already signed 38 (THIRTY EIGHT) players already!  At some point the manager has to work with what he's got (ie his 38 signings) especially as he has so many expensively developed young talent as well 

Never in the field of football management has one man signed so many, for so much, and achieved so little

How many of that 38 have been ready made, experiencd Championship players? 

The vast majority are developing young players out on loan - all a part of SLs long term transfer strategy. 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Who was managing City when we signed established Championship midfielder Gary O'Neil then? :dunno:

Whoever it was must have been sacked according to you. :whistle2:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

How many of that 38 have been ready made, experiencd Championship players? 

The vast majority are developing young players out on loan - all a part of SLs long term transfer strategy. 

Wrong as usual. 27 were straight into the first team squad, I' ve not included the 10 loans in the 38........of the 27 all were deemed ready by LJ but clearly the likes of Walsh Hegelar Engval Pisano Duric etc aren't/wern't trusted to be regulars.

He has signed more players t h an any other championship manager in his 2.5 years.........no excuses 

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Who was managing City when we signed established Championship midfielder Gary O'Neil then? :dunno:

I’d fotgotten about GoN.....probably because he was out injured nearly all season......so yeah he was one - who were the other established Championship midfielders that LJ signed?

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That move's working out really badly for Flinty ain't it...

He's doing very well. Playing for a defensively minded coach must help. It always amused me that people still argued against Flint even when someone like Pulis bought him.

7 goals conceded in 13 games.

Flint with Kalas alongside him and two proper fullbacks might've been the rock upon which to "vie for promotion".....

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I’d go further than that and say Gary O’Neil was a pretty solid premier league player, having played well over 200 PL matches for Pompey, Middlesbrough, West Ham and Norwich -  when we signed him he’d just played 27 games in the PL for Norwich the season before. We should have got so much more out of him...a seasoned, proper player, such a shame he was injured so much. 

8 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Wrong as usual. 27 were straight into the first team squad, I' ve not included the 10 loans in the 38........of the 27 all were deemed ready by LJ but clearly the likes of Walsh Hegelar Engval Pisano Duric etc aren't/wern't trusted to be regulars.

He has signed more players t h an any other championship manager in his 2.5 years.........no excuses 

Out of the 24 players he has bought in since he became manager, 6 have had significant periods injured, 1 of them (Djuric) looked like a decent player but the injury ruined him. 2 others, (eisa and Adelukan) we can't make a judgement on yet, 2 others (Hegeler and Pisano) were both free/cheap and so can't be seen as complete failures, both can be relied upon if necessary. Baker as well as had time out but is still a very good defender, and a good addition. 

Engvall is the only signing that we've made who can be seen as a complete flop, walsh is still only 21, it took Bobby till he was 24 to become a mainstay in the side. 

So really, he may have signed 24 but the majority are in the first team squad, and those that aren't are either young players or good back up options 

11 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Yep, I smiled when Steve Bruce was roundly criticised on here for ‘wanting to sign more players’ - lots of our fans don’t realise just how many players LJ has actually been allowed to sign....it’s loads....yet he doesn’t seem to rate or trust a significant number of them....and people wang on about SL’s strategy....but do they really think this innovative, cutting edge strategy involves spending large sums on players who LJ thinks can ‘make an immediate impact’ or ‘hit the ground running’ only for them to be continually left out, not given a chance, end up as sub not used multiple times whilst soundbites from our head coach suggest they ‘don’t give enough in training’ etc etc etc before being bombed out at a loss....doubt the strategy document includes a paragraph covering that lot....

9 hours ago, CodeRed said:

From theses comments I guess you don’t quite understand what LJ is employed to do.

You’ve not included  the injury curse that has been hitting City either,

I’l  ask again - how many of LJs signing - apart from the always injured GoN have been established Championship players? 

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

He's doing very well. Playing for a defensively minded coach must help. It always amused me that people still argued against Flint even when someone like Pulis bought him.

7 goals conceded in 13 games.

Flint with Kalas alongside him and two proper fullbacks might've been the rock upon which to "vie for promotion".....

Be honest, there is no vying for promotion unless you have a top class midfield too

PS I've been pretty pleased with Webster all in all

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Be honest, there is no vying for promotion unless you have a top class midfield too

Boro are a very decent Championship outfit and it’ll be a surprise if they don’t get automatic promotion. That was main reason Flint went there - he felt he’d have a greater chance of reaching the PL with them than with City.

Pulis always tries to sign big/tall players all over the pitch but particularly in defence and I couldn’t understand why last night Wednesday kept lumping the ball into the box, food and drink to the likes of Shotton and Flint. Teams need to try and pass around them. That way they’ll have a better chance of scoring against them.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

From theses comments I guess you don’t quite understand what LJ is employed to do.

You’ve not included  the injury curse that has been hitting City either,

I’l  ask again - how many of LJs signing - apart from the always injured GoN have been established Championship players? 

Top of my head - Webster, Watkins and Hunt.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Three..........you can add Kalas to that, four out of the so say 38 signings.

You know most teams don’t only sign championship ready players? 

We have many Championship ready players now eg Pack, Smith, Fielding etc. We’re not an young and inexperienced team.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Top of my head - Webster, Watkins and Hunt.

Brownhillll, Paterson, Tomlin,  Baker,  Wright, Maenappa. Weimann.......

....and.... if at nearly 6 million Diedhiou isn’t ‘Championship ready’ the scouting team and him  deserves the boot

......And if Pisano , Hegeler and Duric weren’t ‘Championship ready’ why exactly did we buy them .........

How many are we up to ........:yawn:  more than one ?

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Out of the 24 players he has bought in since he became manager, 6 have had significant periods injured, 1 of them (Djuric) looked like a decent player but the injury ruined him. 2 others, (eisa and Adelukan) we can't make a judgement on yet, 2 others (Hegeler and Pisano) were both free/cheap and so can't be seen as complete failures, both can be relied upon if necessary. Baker as well as had time out but is still a very good defender, and a good addition. 

Engvall is the only signing that we've made who can be seen as a complete flop, walsh is still only 21, it took Bobby till he was 24 to become a mainstay in the side. 

So really, he may have signed 24 but the majority are in the first team squad, and those that aren't are either young players or good back up options 

24 ?

24 ?

Are you sure .....

02A63699-0CE2-4A3B-9418-8EF14CDFED80.jpeg

Archived