IGNORED

The Ok I blinked first Brentford v City matchday thread

Major Isewater

Brentford, famous for nylons and an irritating Football club who manage to do rather well with monkeys paid peanuts and an average Gate which would put many a garden party to shame .

How do they do it ? If only we knew but do it they do and in recent years in no small style.

Hats off to the B's .

Today is a big day for young Max O'Leary , congratulations to him for making his debut start in the first team . Let's hope it's the first of many.

Well done to all of you making the trip Chokey .

COYR.

Tough game today...a few players with great movement we need to watch,but none more so than the Brentford 'Messi-Neil maupay..good link up play, likes to niggle & wind up the opposition with obviously an eye for goal-weakness?..he doesn't like it back & prone to react,so take note lads!

Would match their formation today & go one 'up with five in the middle- 4-2-3-1....

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Tough game today...a few players with great movement we need to watch,but none more so than the Brentford 'Messi Neil maupay-good link up play, likes to niggle & wind up the opposition with obviously an eye for goal-weakness?..he doesn't like it back & prone to react,so take note lads!

Would match their formation today & go one 'up with five in the middle- 4-2-3-1....

I'd go 2-7-1 . get past that !

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Is O’Dowda injured? Three players in that first team with a lot to prove. Let’s hope O’Leary makes the step up and Baker & Paterson choose today to give performances worthy of their best games at the end of last year. Otherwise we could be in for a long afternoon...

Probably recovering from his concussion he received playing for Eire 

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry all,  but looking at this line up,  can't see them getting anything, from this game.  Where is COD,  is he injured or jet lagged, or what? Can't see anyone on the bench other than FD who can come on and change the game if needed.  For me,  has got to be a defeat, I really hope I will eat my words later, but can't see it happening. Anyway COYR's.

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Is O’Dowda injured? Three players in that first team with a lot to prove. Let’s hope O’Leary makes the step up and Baker & Paterson choose today to give performances worthy of their best games at the end of last year. Otherwise we could be in for a long afternoon...

Wasn't a sub against Wales, went off at HT in the game before and I saw him limping a bit,  so yes i think so

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Glad to see Taylor starting.

Not sure how Patto remains, but presume it’s due to ODowda being injured.

Great to see we have 4 academy players in the squad. 

Pato owes us a performance today.  Can be quality on song.

Morrell finally makes the 18.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Would have played Diedhiou up top in a counter attacking 433. But LJ seems to want to play on the front foot in his usual 442. So Taylor and Weimann the right choice in this particular system. I don't know why Baker is in. He keeps making mistakes, and Kelly against Maupay would have been much better imo, with Dasilva left back.

Agree about Dasilva left back,and would have had Pack 'n Kelly as a twosome in front of the back four..

Don't feel 4-4-2 is right at all against such a fluid opposition!

Glad Taylor is starting. He deserves it. His movement and "pest power" will hopefully cause Brentford some problems and Diedhiou has looked out of sorts. Hopefully Pato's form will improve to justify his starting place.

I'm never confident about games at Griffin Park. It's a mystery to me why we have played so badly there over the years. I'd take a draw but my gut feeling today is that we'll lose. Whatever the result it would be good to see a decent performance from us.

Archived