IGNORED

The Ok I blinked first Brentford v City matchday thread

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

To be fair he didnt start the season as well as everyone has been raving. He never beats his man but early season put in some nice crosses. That was it. 

If he can beat his man AND add the crossing then he’ll come good but he just doesnt look up to it!

Ellisson is just another of our players who buzz around trying to look busy but ultimately delivers very little...much like cod, patto, and brown hill when he plays on the wing.

13 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Oh come off it. Any club at this level would struggle with an injury list like what we've got. Our most influential midfielder, arguably our best defender, both our attacking youngsters and a couple more. We did extremely well for a period last season but by January we were down to the bare bones and looked exhausted.  Every club gets injuries but some get it more than others. Fact. 

Utter balls, all clubs have injuries and LJ has bought how many players?  You’d think the squad should be deep enough by now.

Yet more excuses.

An improving first half.  Got to do the hard yards early, as Brentford are quicker in their heads.  Can't amble back into position.

Going forward especially down the left we look much better, but two Eliasson crosses could've easily resulted in goals in the final few minutes of the half.  Weimann's chance got a little deflection in front of him, whilst Taylor disallowed goal was just offside.

Brownhill and Paterson want to run too much with it, often into congestion (is Brentford a congestion zone?).  Webster leading the defence well.  Lloyd settling down after being a bit casual early on.

Everything to play for, but played more football than Wigan and Ratherham (both away) combined.

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Utter balls, all clubs have injuries and LJ has bought how many players?  You’d think the squad should be deep enough by now.

Yet more excuses.

I'm not using it as an excuse to defend LJ and I agree with your second point.  Name me one team that wouldn't suffer from losing their most influential midfielder for most of the season and then I might think you had a point.

3 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

Da Silva is doing both his & Pato's job. 

Pato so keen again to come inside and when we lose the ball, point at Taylor to cover Left Midfield.  Wouldn't be so bad as over the passage of play, he gets back in, but he doesn't.  He so obviously wants to play as the 10, but thats not his role today.  Do the yards Pato, you might get something out of it, and also allow City to keep a better shape.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

I'm not using it as an excuse to defend LJ and I agree with your second point.  Name me one team that wouldn't suffer from losing their most influential midfielder for most of the season and then I might think you had a point.

So why haven’t we another influential midfielder?  That’s the question.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pato so keen again to come inside and when we lose the ball, point at Taylor to cover Left Midfield.  Wouldn't be so bad as over the passage of play, he gets back in, but he doesn't.  He so obviously wants to play as the 10, but thats not his role today.  Do the yards Pato, you might get something out of it, and also allow City to keep a better shape.

or just sub him off for Watkins

Archived