IGNORED

The Ok I blinked first Brentford v City matchday thread

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

What is actually wrong with Baker? He was holding his leg whilst limping, then holding his head, then holding his back. Which one is it?

Half term coming up maybe he wants a holiday with the family.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

So why haven’t we another influential midfielder?  That’s the question.

Indeed but that's a recruitment issue. I just made the simple comments that injuries have caused major disruption to our season. That's all. I wasn't talking "utter balls" or trying to defend LJ in any way.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Indeed but that's a recruitment issue. I just made the simple comments that injuries have caused major disruption to our season. That's all. 

Yep I’m looking at the whole picture.  I’m pretty sure most of us would agree the lack of a quality midfielder is going to stuff us.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He doesn't seem to want to be on the pitch to be fair. I'd sell him in January if we can get a decent offer, but who on earth would want him

He was better than Flint according to some.

41 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Oh come off it. Any club at this level would struggle with an injury list like what we've got. Our most influential midfielder, arguably our best defender, both our attacking youngsters and a couple more. We did extremely well for a period last season but by January we were down to the bare bones and looked exhausted.  Every club gets injuries but some get it more than others. Fact. 

We’ve lost one guaranteed starter (Kalas) and one very probable starter (Smith). If that’s all it takes to “ruin our season” then clearly our squad is woefully under-equipped to deal with a 46 game season.

I suspect most teams across the league would be without 1-2 of their first team on most occasions. Our injury list is fairly typical, not exceptional, and is no excuse for our poor form.

Oh, and by February nearly all our players had returned and we barely won a game for the rest of the season. Again, no excuse.

Archived