IGNORED

The Ok I blinked first Brentford v City matchday thread

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

FFS, how many more times is LJ going to pick a totally out-of-form Pato to start!

Same stale formation as well, might as well give up all hope of getting anything from this game already... #JohnsonOUT

I love it when this happens! ?

Sorry to disappoint! COYR

Second half much better, without being great. Thought last years point was much more a smash and grab than this, just got the break. Sending off helped, as did frankly the injury to Baker.

Not realised Brentfords recent form was equally poor, but was thinking with a couple to go, it was a point I was not expecting really, and then it's three. Keeps the wolves from the door a little after a poor run. 

Critically important win, Max did pretty well, get in!

Not read this thread but after Baker went off it was a good performance. Not quite Swansea good but very good at a tough place to play. The sending off helped but honestly they deserved what they got. Not seen a whinging and dirty side like that in awhile. Ref wasn’t great for either side but we kept our cool and they didn’t. Fair play to city today I was impressed

Can someone tell me what I’m supposed to think about this team now?

I keep hearing how terrible we are, how rubbish our manager is, and how we’re never going to achieve anything, etc, etc, etc - but we’re 9th in the table, with half of sniff of a play off spot. And if the season finished now we’d have improved for five years in a row.

I really not quite sure how I feel about everything now.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Very good second half helped by the sending off.

Our players really wound up theirs - Hunt and Weimann especially.

Really good 3 points after a really dodgy first half where we should have been behind..

Yet we had two goals rubbed out, nah! could have been 0-3.  At last showing some steel, and some sledging too, good lads. We have taken it for so long, nice to give some back.

11 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Da Silva is Da Man

You can kind of see why he is a Chelsea player...

We definitely looked far better once he came on - Very silky going forward, and seems to go past people when he probably has no real right to. He probably could be a little stronger defensively, but the modern trend for full backs seems to be "stronger going forward" - as evidenced by many of the top full backs world wide.  

I guess with all lads of talent at his age at a club like the Chelsea its a question of whether he gets his chances

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I love it when this happens! ?

Sorry to disappoint! COYR

Delighted we have won.

Without the sending off for them and Baker's injury, I still think they would have won the match though.

DaSilva played really well, and Max pulled off saves when needed even if his distribution was a bit dodgy. 

OK then. Looking at the posts on here early in the game and then looking at the full time result, which scenario was it please?

1; City acted like a spring allowing Brentford to attack and wear themselves out before we take control or

2; did the injury and team reshuffle result in the right combination by chance?

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Delighted we have won.

Without the sending off for them and Baker's injury, I still think they would have won the match though.

DaSilva played really well, and Max pulled off saves when needed even if his distribution was a bit dodgy. 

It’s no fun taking the mickey when you turn out to be nice...

Delighted we won too mate. The red card certainly helped but we held them out when they looked hot and took our chance. Big win and see you at the gate Wednesday ?

2 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Loved watching Hunt doing the psychological work on that whinging Brentford tw4t in added time!  Class beyond his years!!!  ??

Weimann laughing at the sent-off guy as he walked past too.

Maupay played into Hunt's hands and kept crying. Well done lads today

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

You can kind of see why he is a Chelsea player...

We definitely looked far better once he came on - Very silky going forward, and seems to go past people when he probably has no real right to. He probably could be a little stronger defensively, but the modern trend for full backs seems to be "stronger going forward" - as evidenced by many of the top full backs wold wide.  

I guess with all lads of talent at his age at a club like the Chelsea its a question of whether he gets his chances

Two weeks ago I pointed out how good Kelly and DaSilva look together. We lost Baker but gained momentum.

DaSilva is a bit small and this will be a barrier at the very top, but with us in this league with Kelly he is as good as anything out there

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Second half much better, without being great. Thought last years point was much more a smash and grab than this, just got the break. Sending off helped, as did frankly the injury to Baker.

Not realised Brentfords recent form was equally poor, but was thinking with a couple to go, it was a point I was not expecting really, and then it's three. Keeps the wolves from the door a little after a poor run. 

Critically important win, Max did pretty well, get in!

I wasn't there,  but the view from my Brentford-supporting mate was even first half but we were on top for the second and "looked good" 

1 minute ago, 22A said:

OK then. Looking at the posts on here early in the game and then looking at the full time result, which scenario was it please?

1; City acted like a spring allowing Brentford to attack and wear themselves out before we take control or

DaSilva made a real difference, hopefully stick with Kelly LCB and DaSilva LB for next game.

Walsh put in a good sub appearance.

We had just the better of it after their sending off. 

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

Number 2

Archived