IGNORED

The Ok I blinked first Brentford v City matchday thread

Major Isewater

Been away a few days- what a great result!

O'Leary debut- clean sheet, sounded like he didn't put a foot wrong- looking forward to seeing this on BCTV full games later this week.

Was actually pondering going up as in London anyway and trying for a ticket at the last minute- really wish I had now.

With all those injuries though, with our record at Brentford and them being pretty high scoring at home though, yeah great result and a real unexpected one I thought too. Excluding Eisa and Adelukan, I think it was: both our goalies injured, Kalas who is arguably our best CB,, Wright- then even lost Baker during the game! Smith and O'Dowda also out? Thought we had little chance, but a last minute winner doesn't get any better tbh. With some of the other results lately too, some of our 'terrible' results now don't look so awful- who would have thought Wigan would beat WBA for example.

2 home games- need 4 points minimum IMO, if we get 6 we can really start looking up again.

Very happy for O'Leary and Eliasson especially- clean sheet on League debut at a ground where we often struggle and first goal, winner at that- big day for both.

I know Brentford hit the post and got a red card, but sometimes you need to ride your luck and go through tough periods- we've not always been the luckiest this season before this- we've hit the woodwork 6 times already I think.

Seems like we really pushed home our advantage after the red card too.

Archived