IGNORED

The Ok I blinked first Brentford v City matchday thread

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

LJ is supposedly a young, talented and inventive coach. Yet he sticks with an outdated formation that virtually no-one uses any more.

#Idon'tgetit

It's basically just at kick off.

The 'Formation' is constantly changing throughout the game.

Often when defending it's 5, 4,1.

When attacking 3 5 3 or even 3 4 3.

It's constantly evolving during a game...it's very easy to see that when watching the games.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. I have said before that I am confident Kelly would do an excellent job in a holding midfield role, if we were short of numbers. Well we are short of numbers at the moment, and Pack is struggling, so I agree that could work.

on what basis JD?

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's constantly evolving during a game...it's very easy to see that when watching the games.

What was the formation in the warm up ?

11 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

LJ is supposedly a young, talented and inventive coach. Yet he sticks with an outdated formation that virtually no-one uses any more.

#Idon'tgetit

Very much the view I have come to. It is depressing to hear him refer to 'my 4-4-2', indicating that he has a rigid mindset. I can't see him succeeding if he incapable of thinking more flexibly.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

It’s amazing how many people see the line up and completely ignore what happens in front of their eyes which is constant changes of formation based on what’s happening in the game. Sometimes it’s a 4231, sometimes it’s 442, sometimes it’s 433 etc in game. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Also. What is this?

IMG_20181020_145938538.jpg

Gotta be a stag do wind up surely!

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s amazing how many people see the line up and completely ignore what happens in front of their eyes which is constant changes of formation based on what’s happening in the game. Sometimes it’s a 4231, sometimes it’s 442, sometimes it’s 433 etc in game. 

Gary Owers co-commentating on RB today.

'City are sitting in deep with two banks of four'.

'City can't make any ground through midfield as Brentford have the extra body in there.'

Hmmmmm.

Archived