IGNORED

Player Ratings - v Brentford

Davefevs

Well that wasn't pretty on the eye, but a vital 3 points, and more importantly halts the non-winning run...moving us into top 10 (possibly stay in 9th later).

O'Leary - 7 - a pretty decent debut all-told.  Made saves when he had to in the first half, and got a touch on Watkins's shot that hit the post.  Very close to an 8, but got a bit carried away with a couple of throws to Dasilva and Hunt that gained little and lost us possession.  Kicked well in the main.

Hunt - 6 - did what he had to today and got better as game went on.  Sometimes the movement in front of him is pretty non-existent and that makes him look poor.  Played some good passes in middle of second half when the front two and Brownhill broke forward.

Kelly - 7 - bit too casual early on, and as he got over that, was moved into CB following Baker's injury, where he had a solid game.  Neither him or Webster are dominant CHs but against Brentford you don't need to be.  Quite liked the yellow he got, shows a bit of edge which I've felt he needed.

Webster - 7 - good all-game.  Defended well, and used the ball well.  A lot to like, and I'm starting to see a bit of leadership, especially with Kelly alongside him.

Baker - 4 - just not seeing a player (a renowned hardman) showing any fight for the cause.  Concussed or not, and probably being very harsh, you just knew he wasn't going to continue.  As a result we were able to play out from the back.

Sub: Dasilva - 8 - my MOTM today.  Just thought he was positive, and was the reason we got up the pitch first half.  He wasn't perfect, by any stretch, but his ability to travel forward despite having a poor Paterson in front of him is testament to how well he played.  Him and Kelly were a good combo today.  He showed (like Kelly) that a good side-footed cross can deliver results, doesn't always need "whip"!  Lots to look forward to.

Eliasson - 6 - mixed game.  Didn't get into the first half, yet at h-t I'm sat there thinking he's created two great chances.  Second half he looked bright without getting the ball across (hitting first man), and had a couple of decent(ish) chances on his left foot that he skied!  Then a lovely volley to win the game.  Hopefully kick-on...but I'd play him on the left.

Brownhill 6 - mixed too.  Ran into congestion first half (5), but popped the ball around much better second half (7).  Its tough against the Bees midfield, and hopefully 15 minutes saved at the end ready for Wednesday.

Sub: Walsh - 6 - did what we needed...injected fresh legs, played the ball forward.  Needs to be used more like this going forward.  I think he can be trusted.

Pack - 7 - more for endeavour and niggling the f%@k out of Brentford players today than his overall quality on the ball.  Not at his best but still good enough today.

Paterson - 4 - just not doing enough for me.  Too often finds himself in the secondary striker position when we don't have the ball and points to Taylor to cover his position.  I wouldn't be having that if I was Taylor, as he makes no attempt to get "back-in" as the passage of play progresses.  Thats lazy.  Some might wonder why Taylor doesn't get into scoring positions enough....this is one reason...doing Pato's legwork!

Taylor - 6.5 - I don't do half marks, but he worked hard today, was pest-like as usual and unlucky to not get his goal (just offside I think).

Sub: Diedhiou - 5 - didn't do enough for me, especially as we had the extra man.  Needs to up his game.  Taylor & Weimann - our best combo at the mo'.

Weimann - 6.5 - same as Taylor really.  Intelligent running as usual, unlucky with the chances at end of first half and start of second.

O’Leary 7 - looked solid, make some good saves and always looked to quickly distribute with his hands. Needs to command his box more, and be more vocal, but for a league debut what more can you asked for than a clean sheet. 

Hunt 7 - did the psychological work as much as the football side by really winding their players up. Linked up well with Elliason.

Baker 5 - One hospital pass to OLeary which nearly lead to a goal. Really needs to cut out these silly mistakes with his experience. 

Webster 7 - Some great runs though the middle, always look comfortable at the back and a overall solid game. Really like him as a player.

Kelly 7 - Shaky at left back before moving central. Won a lot in the air and always is open to be an option. Solid game too. 

Da Silva 8 - Changed the game when he came on and really puts us on the front foot. Only advice is to get the ball into the box sooner at times. Great assist. 

Pack 7 - Really uses his power well at times, proper captains performance getting the ball and playing some fantastic paces. When he’s at his best he’s a real joy to watch. Disappeared first 20 mins but then really came into the game. 

Brownhill 7 - Needs to become more influential. Plays some brilliant quick passes in CM, just needs to build on his confidence and also not be scared to have a pop when the time is right.

Walsh 7 - Good little cameo. Played some lovely passes, good movement, confident he can do a job if called on based on today. 

Paterson 5 - Not a winger. 

Elliasson 7 - really came into the game in the second half, first half went missing. Took his goal well, and showed some great skill in and around the box to get past men. Just needs to have a calmer head at times, and not lean back too much when taking shots. Think he can be crucial this season. 

Taylor 6 - some good clever movement, particularly in the second half, but overall needed to contribute more. Not much service when he was on to be fair.

Weimann 6 - again like Taylor he pulled their defence apart, and forced a good save from Bentley. Needs to mix things up with his running, because he’s not getting into the central positions like the first 5 games where he got goals. 

Fammy 7 - finally learning to use his size to win the ball, bring it down and lay it off.

LJ 7 - Tactically all over the place, totally dominated first 20 minutes. However we did get back into the game, and we played our way with good passing, fluid football and it was a joy at times. Good use of subs, and nice to see he trusted our academy kids.

Brentford 2 - sh*t ground, moaning b*stards. 

Stream - got wet feet now!!!

It wasn't HD either, so sometimes difficult to make out each player...so plenty of scope for inaccurate assessment from me.  Same with being in the ground too.  I find I have a worse view of the overall game sat up in the wheelchair section of the LS, than went I was behind the goal in the corner.  Its definitely a fair comment that you get different perspectives from different parts of the ground, and also different watching on tv too.

Were you there?  If so, you'll have a happy journey home!!!

Could not believe their fans. Ref was poor for both sides at times but they were acting like they are a massive club that deserves every call. Eye opener this one. Same about their team. Moaning all game but the dirtier side. Maupay is a proper **** won’t type it but you can guess

Ratings agree. Kelly looks so much better when he doesn’t have the touchline next to him. Do a job at LB this season but when Kalas goes back I am all for Kelly playing 46 at CB in a 2 or 3. 

Happy to see Walsh. Deserves minutes and think he can be a key player for us this season and definitely next. Probably our most technically gifted player. 

Fam did ok but still looks a bit short of confidence. It is like he doesn’t have te mindset to battle with bigger CBs but get him on a FB and he comes to life. Needs to take that to CBs. Will win some and lose some but needs to stay positive. 

Everyone played their part today which was good to see. Even out of form players were at least ok. Pato was fine but probably only thinking that way because of how poor he has been. If he can build on today though we know he can be a lethal creator

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genuine question @Davefevs- were you at the game? Not criticising your assessments, just wondering if you’re doing this from a live stream or from being at the game. I often think it’s actually more difficult to do a proper assessment from being at the match at times because you’ve constantly only got one angle...

I haven't seen the game, but I have to say Fevs' analysis of players looks pretty spot on from all the home games (I've attended all). He looks way beyond the ball and what players are doing in relation to one another and when the ball is on the other side of the pitch. Think he's got a good eye. These analyses could apply to most home games, too. I enjoy reading his descriptive feedback.Def someone I'd trust (no, am not related etc etc)

23 minutes ago, Huntstile Red said:

I haven't seen the game, but I have to say Fevs' analysis of players looks pretty spot on from all the home games (I've attended all). He looks way beyond the ball and what players are doing in relation to one another and when the ball is on the other side of the pitch. Think he's got a good eye. These analyses could apply to most home games, too. I enjoy reading his descriptive feedback.Def someone I'd trust (no, am not related etc etc)

I'm happy for challenge.  We all see the game differently, and I don't think @BS4 on Tour... on tour was disagreeing per se, just asking me if I was there...to try to gauge my perspective on my ratings.

Quite a few on here have given Fammy a 7, so perhaps I missed some of his play.  Thats cool!!!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Well that wasn't pretty on the eye, but a vital 3 points, and more importantly halts the non-winning run...moving us into top 10 (possibly stay in 9th later).

O'Leary - 7 - a pretty decent debut all-told.  Made saves when he had to in the first half, and got a touch on Watkins's shot that hit the post.  Very close to an 8, but got a bit carried away with a couple of throws to Dasilva and Hunt that gained little and lost us possession.  Kicked well in the main.

Hunt - 6 - did what he had to today and got better as game went on.  Sometimes the movement in front of him is pretty non-existent and that makes him look poor.  Played some good passes in middle of second half when the front two and Brownhill broke forward.

Kelly - 7 - bit too casual early on, and as he got over that, was moved into CB following Baker's injury, where he had a solid game.  Neither him or Webster are dominant CHs but against Brentford you don't need to be.  Quite liked the yellow he got, shows a bit of edge which I've felt he needed.

Webster - 7 - good all-game.  Defended well, and used the ball well.  A lot to like, and I'm starting to see a bit of leadership, especially with Kelly alongside him.

Baker - 4 - just not seeing a player (a renowned hardman) showing any fight for the cause.  Concussed or not, and probably being very harsh, you just knew he wasn't going to continue.  As a result we were able to play out from the back.

Sub: Dasilva - 8 - my MOTM today.  Just thought he was positive, and was the reason we got up the pitch first half.  He wasn't perfect, by any stretch, but his ability to travel forward despite having a poor Paterson in front of him is testament to how well he played.  Him and Kelly were a good combo today.  He showed (like Kelly) that a good side-footed cross can deliver results, doesn't always need "whip"!  Lots to look forward to.

Eliasson - 6 - mixed game.  Didn't get into the first half, yet at h-t I'm sat there thinking he's created two great chances.  Second half he looked bright without getting the ball across (hitting first man), and had a couple of decent(ish) chances on his left foot that he skied!  Then a lovely volley to win the game.  Hopefully kick-on...but I'd play him on the left.

Brownhill 6 - mixed too.  Ran into congestion first half (5), but popped the ball around much better second half (7).  Its tough against the Bees midfield, and hopefully 15 minutes saved at the end ready for Wednesday.

Sub: Walsh - 6 - did what we needed...injected fresh legs, played the ball forward.  Needs to be used more like this going forward.  I think he can be trusted.

Pack - 7 - more for endeavour and niggling the f%@k out of Brentford players today than his overall quality on the ball.  Not at his best but still good enough today.

Paterson - 4 - just not doing enough for me.  Too often finds himself in the secondary striker position when we don't have the ball and points to Taylor to cover his position.  I wouldn't be having that if I was Taylor, as he makes no attempt to get "back-in" as the passage of play progresses.  Thats lazy.  Some might wonder why Taylor doesn't get into scoring positions enough....this is one reason...doing Pato's legwork!

Taylor - 6.5 - I don't do half marks, but he worked hard today, was pest-like as usual and unlucky to not get his goal (just offside I think).

Sub: Diedhiou - 5 - didn't do enough for me, especially as we had the extra man.  Needs to up his game.  Taylor & Weimann - our best combo at the mo'.

Weimann - 6.5 - same as Taylor really.  Intelligent running as usual, unlucky with the chances at end of first half and start of second.

Hello @Davefevs is five your start point or do you start from zero?

49 minutes ago, Huntstile Red said:

Fevs has got four eyes, though, if I can put it like that. He's got his lad helping him out.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s always been a mystery to me how people can give eleven ratings for players. I can keep my eye on 2/3 max in a game! Maybe it’s just me getting on a bit!

if the 62 relates to birth year and not IQ you are

Bakers injury changed the game.

We got forward more and had a threat. Patterson was better than he has been but still not great, however Taylor and Weimann kept harassing them. Elliason saw more ball when we had Desilva and I always thought we might knick a goal. I liked Brownhill until he was subbed and Pack was better, but no where near his best.

O'Leary made some good saves and as everyone keeps saying he got something on the one that hit the post, that makes that a borderline Worldy!

As a little extra upside, Walsh played a decent cameo. Very decent free kick and he wanted the football....Hopefully he will show something again and kick on! We might need it as injuries pile up!

Agree with Fevs ratings except;

I'd give an extra mark for Pack, Hunt, and Weiman for the sledging - really wound them up and it made a difference.

O'Leary and those lobbed throws out - he needs to cut that out fast or it will cost us. Ball is far too long in the air and gives the opposition more time to close down the receiver, if he's going to play it out from the back, then do it quick and low. Other than that he was ok. 6

I thought Paterson did ok, much better this game and didn't hide as he was constantly showing for the ball all game. Although he did bottle one 50/50 which I really don't like to see in our players. 6

I think 4 for Baker is far too generous. For a big bloke he's a bit of a pansy and, as Fevs said, when he went down you just knew he would be going off and not for the first time. This one may well be merited but he has previous for getting a knock and going off.  Kelly and DaSilva for me until Kalas is back. Failing that, Hegeler at the back.

And a note on Brentford. Very naive, very mouthy, very niggly, and not very good. 4

Archived