Reading A

Preston H

Leeds A

Ipswich A

Millwall H

Birmigham A

Norwich H

Derby A

Every game is tough and all that, but it is hardly on paper the toughest ten game run. Derby and Leeds away will be tough you would think, and never works out the way you think of course, 

If we can go on a run, now is the time to do it however. Three in the top half, seven in the bottom half, six of whom are in the bottom eight.

Cue the customary home defeat to Preston!

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Fifteen points would be a terrific return from that lot - we`d have 34 at the half way stage then and we`d have to be happy with that.

Four wins & three draws I reckon, just not sure which games they`ll come in!

Think that might turn a little on our next four games. Three at home, Reading away. Never know, and the kind of games we struggle in, but would really want 8+ from those if we are to have a push. Only teams we have played so far in the bottom third were Rotherham and Bolton, neither of which we exactly easy.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Think that might turn a little on our next four games. Three at home, Reading away. Never know, and the kind of games we struggle in, but would really want 8+ from those if we are to have a push. Only teams we have played so far in the bottom third were Rotherham and Bolton, neither of which we exactly easy.

Both were away though and we always struggle in those sort of games. Hull, PNE & Millwall are all at AG so you`d hope we`d go at them from the off.

Still, no doubt we`ll lose to Hull & PNE and win at Derby & Leeds - tis the BCFC way of things!

8 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

11 points there should push us towards our aim of safety

2 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I’m almost certain we are aiming for more than safety. At least, I ******* hope so. 

I sort of see where @Robin Wood is coming from TBH. Every season I say get to fifty points as soon as possible and see where the rest of the season takes us. I`m constantly working out how many wins we need from the games left and reassuring myself we can do it easily (currently ten wins and a draw from 33 games needed)

That was a massive win today so needed for a confidence boost, even better with a late winner.

The thought of going on another mega winless run must have been in the minds of quite a few players and coaching staff.

If we can back it up with a win over Hull things will start looking strangely rosy.  Have to say I've been thinking more bottom six than top.

Who knows how many points until halfway, but confidence is everything in a league as tight as this.

27 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I sort of see where @Robin Wood is coming from TBH. Every season I say get to fifty points as soon as possible and see where the rest of the season takes us. I`m constantly working out how many wins we need from the games left and reassuring myself we can do it easily (currently ten wins and a draw from 33 games needed)

That's what I was thinking of safety first we won't trouble the top six this season but mid table hopefully 

Let's not lose sight of the fact that despite our win today, our last 5 game form is the same as Millwall, Preston and Ipswich. 3 of the bottom 4.

I think at this stage just praying we reach 40 points before February is realistic, if we do better (and we should) then fantastic, but our squad is paper thin on quality right now. 

Being quite generous I can see 20 points there.

Being honest I see I see 14-16

Being brutal I still see 9-10

So we should be heading into the halfway point on pace for at least 60 points which I think would be a fair return for a team that lost 3 standout players. 

I always look for safety first. This league is so unforgiving so safety is never guaranteed. The closer to 50 points we are the happier I will be 

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Here's my latest spreadsheet:

image.png.21d156c1540341b9919139ba69eda79c.png

Looking at that sheet, you realise how poor the home defeat was against Wednesday. And more generally how our home form is not good so far this season: 8 points from a possible 18.  Needs to improve in the next 2 games.

And despite a poor performance, actually no disgrace in losing away to Wigan. Admittedly this spans League 1 as well as Championship, but apparently Wigan have 20 clean sheets in their last 28 home league games, a record to make even Pulis jealous!

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Looking at that sheet, you realise how poor the home defeat was against Wednesday. And more generally how our home form is not good so far this season: 8 points from a possible 18.  Needs to improve in the next 2 games.

And despite a poor performance, actually no disgrace in losing away to Wigan. Admittedly this spans League 1 as well as Championship, but apparently Wigan have 20 clean sheets in their last 28 home league games, a record to make even Pulis jealous!

Tough home games though

Archived