IGNORED

Only happy when we’re losing!

Eddie Notgetinya

About 2 years ago I posted we have the worst fan base in the country for it. It's been the same for as long as I remember, City fans seemingly love to moan. It's incredible really, but you're right. I don't even come on here when we lose anymore - always the same faces on here moaning... It's nice when we win, a quiet forum with opinions from people with a sane brain

Its a forum FFS. We are all different, come from all walks of life, young and old, if we were all the same we would be the most boring lot out there ( lets leave this to our quarters mates in North Bristol :laughcont: ) Some have low levels of tolerance when we lose, win or draw. Part of life ........................now about Brexit ?

58 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Makes me laugh how busy this forum is immediately after we lose, we win a game and put a mini bad run behind us and it’s all gone quiet. 

Makes me laugh when we win there is always someone starting a thread about people going quiet!

It’s much easier to pick fault than write praiseworthy things.

My Ratings Post today, despite being delighted with the win, was much shorter than one where we’ve not played well.  The faults stay longer in the mind.

Even Eliasson who had a non-eventful first half, got two quality scoring crosses in, and he scored the winner, but generally he had a quiet(ish) game today.  Easy to forget that.  He even got Mephamthe second yellow!!!

37 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

About 2 years ago I posted we have the worst fan base in the country for it. It's been the same for as long as I remember, City fans seemingly love to moan. It's incredible really, but you're right. I don't even come on here when we lose anymore - always the same faces on here moaning... It's nice when we win, a quiet forum with opinions from people with a sane brain

Don't think we're any better or worse than any other club.  I've read on numerous forums over the years fans proclaiming that their club must have the worst fans ect.

Thing is we are reactionary by nature especially by negative events which trigger negative emotions.  In an ideal world if we only posted 24-48 hours after a match to let the aftermath of emotions subside and our brains process it all you'd see alot more reasoned comments and alot less reactionary posts.

By nature we are also content when things are good and don't feel the need to respond.  Hell, look at customer service departments who recieve far far far more complaints than compliments.  The lack of praise and compliments isn't tied to football .

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Makes me laugh when we win there is always someone starting a thread about people going quiet!

Indeed I’m honestly considering creating two ‘I told you so’ pro and anti LJ threats. It’s so tedious now. 

Regardless of your views on LJ and the decisions he makes (he gets them wrong sometimes I know), but he is like any other “manager” in a business, he lives or dies on his decisions BUT everyone should get behind the team and football club.

Bristol City is a stronger club with everyone pulling together. So long as there is a GAP, I am happy.

Just think what it would be like on OTIB if we were in the Gas’s position.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

About 2 years ago I posted we have the worst fan base in the country for it. It's been the same for as long as I remember, City fans seemingly love to moan. 

What a ridiculous statement to make. I take it you monitored every league clubs forum every week for a season to be able to make such  a revelation.

theres as many moaners as happy clappers.....and no different to any other football club

This negativity has always been there even when we were in the 1st division so I'm not surprised how the tone of the matchday threads turn when we go a goal down.

When I used to watch from Cracker's Corner in the 70s, the moaning seemed to be constant - poor Tom Richie was the butt of most of the angst.

That's why when I go to a ground where the fans remain positive when losing, well, it just feels weird.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I've just got home from Weston v Bath in FA Cup and let me tell you that I and several young lads near me were bouncing as the final whistle blew at Griffin Park.

Well done City, that is a hard place to go these days and it's a tremendous three points.

I went to this too , very good performance from Weston , generally hungrier, First to the ball , keeper looked good and the striker no 9 Kev ? 

Bath first half were poor , moving ball sideways , no end product , came into more second half 

3 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Makes me laugh how busy this forum is immediately after we lose, we win a game and put a mini bad run behind us and it’s all gone quiet. 

On a day when we've had a great away following at the thing that matters - the game - providing great support for our injury hit team with a kid on debut in goal, at a ground where we usually struggle, you have chosen to focus on this forum and it's content this evening.

Right, ok then....

Only happy when we are losing,  my ass

Feel proud tonight buddy for yourself and for your wise ass stuff. Feel really proud.

This is OTIB and everyone here lives and breathes BCFC (or they're a bit odd joining such a forum) and we are drinking and happy for a great win tonight regardless of what you think

Couldn’t agree more. There are a number of people who you never hear from when we have a decent result. You know who you are... ?

10 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I know, right. 

*In the voice of Delia Smith*

"Where are you?, WHERE ARE YOU? LETS BE HAVIN YOU"

Forgot your login tonight @BobBobSuperBob?

Just playing ;)

Amazing how some crawl out their comments

Not been well all week and have a 90 yr old disabled relative in a bad way , needing round the clock attention

That ok with you ?

what would you like to discuss

As for the op....4 posts since August and then this tripe

What a plum 

Sorry but absolute rubbish. When we win LJ is a champ. When we lose lose he is a chump.  

You tell me any other forum in the country where it’s different about your team. 

Gggrrhhhhhh. That’s football. Fickle 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not been well all week and have a 90 yr old disabled relative in a bad way , needing round the clock attention

That ok with you ?

Thinks you're not a "true" fan , Bob. Says more about the guy tbh

Another one from me.

I'm never happy when we lose or even draw when we should have won.

Critical, yes, but absolutely miserable when we don't win.

As my late first wife once said. "If City lose, keep out of his way. If they win, he'll give you anything you ask for.

I'm Happy tonight especially after bolognese and red wine and three points.

1 minute ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

This thread has nothing to do with LJ, merely a light hearted observation that when we don’t win this forum is electric from the second the whistle blows, yet when we win...very quiet. I have very much enjoyed watching so many people bite though, thanakyou all, Appydaze in particular 

THIS forum?  Come on , you mean football forums in general.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That ok with you ?

As for the op....4 posts since August and then this tripe

What a plum 

Hope you missed / skipped past my offay / au fait comment then ?

Take care matey.

Archived