IGNORED

Only happy when we’re losing!

Eddie Notgetinya

If I had posted before Baker got injured it would have been very negative, whatever instructions the team got before KO were either shite or the players did not have the confidence to play their best. Whatever! LJ (and I am NOT an LJ fan) had words as Baker was being treated and the game changed - until the 89th minute we were looking good for 0-0.

So well done to our young guns and especially Eliason, loved him since he first played, needed to develop but his development held back, our game has massively suffered for too long due to poor choices by management.

How long is it since we came back winning from an international break?

On 20/10/2018 at 18:43, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Makes me laugh how busy this forum is immediately after we lose, we win a game and put a mini bad run behind us and it’s all gone quiet. 

Hang on mate - you were on here after the defeat at home to Boro moaning about why we didn’t exploit Flint’s lack of pace, you also mentioned the Forest home draw bemoaning the fact that we didn’t exploit Dawson’s lack of pace - and you signed off your post with ‘Fed up with this’ - so you were ‘fed up’ with our season before the end of August?! Obviously you are indeed a fully paid up member of the moaning brigade! Yet you decided to post the smug ‘I’m a better fan than you’ guff above....oops...!

38 minutes ago, dave36 said:

If I had posted before Baker got injured it would have been very negative, whatever instructions the team got before KO were either shite or the players did not have the confidence to play their best. Whatever! LJ (and I am NOT an LJ fan) had words as Baker was being treated and the game changed - until the 89th minute we were looking good for 0-0.

So well done to our young guns and especially Eliason, loved him since he first played, needed to develop but his development held back, our game has massively suffered for too long due to poor choices by management.

How long is it since we came back winning from an international break?

A month....

Sorry.

10 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Different from "moaning," which we are uniquely adept at. Apparently. Funny this, because when I listen to Radio phone ins on national radio, it is always chock full of supporters of all sorts of clubs moaning on and on about their team, their club, their owners, their manager, their keeper etc etc. And it never seems to be Bristol City fans on the wireless, unless it's @Curr Avon or someone. And he only moans on Radio Bris, not on 5 live! 

Everyone's a critic! Seriously though, my views are pretty balanced. Praise where it's due, aplenty. 

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hang on mate - you were on here after the defeat at home to Boro moaning about why we didn’t exploit Flint’s lack of pace, you also mentioned the Forest home draw bemoaning the fact that we didn’t exploit Dawson’s lack of pace - and you signed off your post with ‘Fed up with this’ - so you were ‘fed up’ with our season before the end of August?! Obviously you are indeed a fully paid up member of the moaning brigade! Yet you decided to post the smug ‘I’m a better fan than you’ guff above....oops...!

"If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part yourself. What isn't part ourselves doesn't disturb us." Herman Hesse (played in midfield for West Germany, 1966).

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung.

Like probably all of us on here, like all blokes, @NorwichbasedWurzel and EmersonsRed Red do not understand or know themselves, let alone anyone else (but will be utterly convinced that I speak hogwash!)

Now, why did this thread "irritate" me? Hmmmm......

On 20/10/2018 at 18:46, EmersonsRed said:

About 2 years ago I posted we have the worst fan base in the country for it. It's been the same for as long as I remember, City fans seemingly love to moan. It's incredible really, but you're right. I don't even come on here when we lose anymore - always the same faces on here moaning... It's nice when we win, a quiet forum with opinions from people with a sane brain

So you just come on here when we win then...

Our fans are no different from any other set of supporters with the exception that unlike every other club of comparable size, we have been monumentally shite for the majority of our history.

That is why most city fans are of a pessimistic nature,.In essence as the vast majority haven't ever seen any real success, and in the recent past have witnessed long worrying spells of bad form, a lack of wins causes concern.

A great result against mid table Brentford is very welcome but shouldn't really encourage the smug "sane" superfans to come out of the woodwork, saying that City fans are the worst in the country.

Get a ******* grip .

13 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Different from "moaning," which we are uniquely adept at. Apparently. Funny this, because when I listen to Radio phone ins on national radio, it is always chock full of supporters of all sorts of clubs moaning on and on about their team, their club, their owners, their manager, their keeper etc etc. And it never seems to be Bristol City fans on the wireless, unless it's @Curr Avon or someone. And he only moans on Radio Bris, not on 5 live! 

That's because they are all moaning on OTIB! :)

13 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So you just come on here when we win then...

Our fans are no different from any other set of supporters with the exception that unlike every other club of comparable size, we have been monumentally shite for the majority of our history.

That is why most city fans are of a pessimistic nature,.In essence as the vast majority haven't ever seen any real success, and in the recent past have witnessed long worrying spells of form, a lack of wins causes concern.

A great result against mid table Brentford is very welcome but shouldn't really encourage the smug "sane" superfans to come out of the woodwork, saying that City fans are the worst in the country.

Get a ******* grip .

Not just City fans, as I think most Bristolians are pessimistic by nature. They tend to anticipate the worst happening and see the downside, rather than the upside, of any situation.

I've joked before that if we are on a winning run I am certain there are many fans thinking it is just bringing us closer to the next losing streak, which while it might be true, means they are not enjoying the good spell while they can.

Your comment about us having been "monumental shite" for the majority of our history is pertinent. I've supported the club for over 50 years and relative to most of that period, the last 3 years represents good times. However, the hype surrounding football these days - and certainly since the premier league started - creates the feeling that the ONLY place to be is in the prem. I am sure that some fans see anything other than premier league football as failure, and vent their feelings accordingly.

37 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Not just City fans, as I think most Bristolians are pessimistic by nature. They tend to anticipate the worst happening and see the downside, rather than the upside, of any situation.

I've joked before that if we are on a winning run I am certain there are many fans thinking it is just bringing us closer to the next losing streak, which while it might be true, means they are not enjoying the good spell while they can.

Your comment about us having been "monumental shite" for the majority of our history is pertinent. I've supported the club for over 50 years and relative to most of that period, the last 3 years represents good times. However, the hype surrounding football these days - and certainly since the premier league started - creates the feeling that the ONLY place to be is in the prem. I am sure that some fans see anything other than premier league football as failure, and vent their feelings accordingly.

Curiously throughout our entire history we have won more matches than we've lost and yet ...

I think we do have an expectations ÷ reality problem, or issue, going on. And more specifically, have had an expectations/reality problem with Bristol City. But I wouldn't know where to place us in the 92, are we the "worst" with the most unrealistic expectations of any club in the country? I might suggest we are one of the "worst" but it would be impossible to know for certain.

Only a fool would be certain about such an unquantifiable thing. Imho.

Some people go mental if you complain if we win and I don't wan't people to get into trouble.

The two last games pretty much sums up our season. It could have gone in either direction. All head under shoulder no brain football.

Our slick passing game is gone with Reid. Fine with me for the money. Our central midfield is not good enough. Not fine with anyone but the boy with the wallet is resting his case. Not fine with anyone.

Close to total shit in my opinion for the money spent but as long as you are paying the Bristol Sport idiots they will not care.

Will be interesting to see the next two home crowds.

COYR

5 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think we do have an expectations ÷ reality problem, or issue, going on. And more specifically, have had an expectations/reality problem with Bristol City. But I wouldn't know where to place us in the 92, are we the "worst" with the most unrealistic expectations of any club in the country? I might suggest we are one of the "worst" but it would be impossible to know for certain.

Only a fool would be certain about such an unquantifiable thing. Imho.

On the issue of fans' expectations:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/20/football-fans-great-expectations-lower-them-by-10-per-cent

I was wondering what the moan about moaners would be today, funny you see people coming on trying to point score over people offering opinions on a forum.
FYI , I though we were far better today than Wednesday, not great , but better. I thought we were poor Vs Hull ( I moan when were winning) , probably deserved a draw and glad we nicked a win.
Today we deserved a win, we still weren't great ,  and I though while the first 2 subs improved us the last did nothing to help the cause (see, I moan when we loose). I thought , when we finally played a CMF 3, we looked very good. Admittedly Stoke had the goal and didn't need to push it, but the balanced seemed much better with added threat and no little poise. Walsh deserves a run, but that probably means LJ will drop him. 
I didn't understand dropping DaSilva for today, and how Taylor didn't get a start ??? Looks like the team sheet comes with Paterson's name already printed on it now.  TBF he has looked better over the last few games, but how many others would get the chance to play themselves into form?

Archived