IGNORED

Oh Dear

slartibartfast

Brentford new manager on the "game " today.........

"The red card was harsh, both yellows were borderline. With the second one, because he's running in front of Chris Mepham and you just need a small contact to go down, I've seen those given.

"The first yellow is the big mistake, Chris Mepham ran in to protect our player who was being kicked on the floor, the referee should have handled that better.

"That [red card] changed the momentum of the game. If we'd continued 11 v 11 we would have won in the end."

Very good Frank ,but what about the match in general (apart from the bit where you thought you would have won.......if you hadn't lost ?

They played with 11 men for almost an hour and didn’t score, so to say they “would have won with 11” is unsubstantiated and arrogant. 

If they had let a lead slip after the sending off, then who knows, but what he’s said is utter bollocks! 

19 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

"The red card was harsh, both yellows were borderline. With the second one, because he's running in front of Chris Mepham and you just need a small contact to go down, I've seen those given.

"The first yellow is the big mistake, Chris Mepham ran in to protect our player who was being kicked on the floor, the referee should have handled that better.

"That [red card] changed the momentum of the game. If we'd continued 11 v 11 we would have won in the end."

Very good Frank ,but what about the match in general (apart from the bit where you thought you would have won.......if you hadn't lost ?

Pack was hardly “booting him’ was he?  Some gentle taps....so much so, that the ref gave us the free-kick.  Fathom that out Thomas Frank.  Mepham had no need to run over and push Pack in the chest.  Once he decided on a yellow for Pack, then Mepham had to get one too.

I think the second yellow, although only a clip, was leaving Eliasson (?) clean through.  I was surprised that he did get a (second) yellow, most refs would’ve bottled it, especially for the home side.  Perhaps he was fed up with their moaning.

Sawyers might’ve got a red too.  He knew he was gonna catch Pack, and although it was harsh, had Pack rolled around, rather than lay prone, that might’ve influenced it by making it look much worse.

And I think Hunt was really winding up Maupay at the end, thought he was gonna get butted.

29 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Tough teats Frankie boy.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Sacked in the morning

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

And Lee J's tactical know how. 

Was worried about Bees being top 6 a month ago but with this managers one sided view and their non existent discipline I would be confident we can count them one of many below us come May

So if league position is based on away fans rating managers and players of other teams in the cock bracket I reckon all teams will finish on the same points with the same goals scored for and against.

Then we will have the LJ in crowd saying we finished joint first and the LJ out crowd saying we were joint last.

Some will say we finished mid-table as they predicted all along based on our budget.

52 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's taken a while but what goes around....

Luke Freeman was dismissed for a high - but not reckless - foot in a game that was even steven  but we went on to lose. That decision was harsh, perhaps todays was too but basically f u ck em (my default position vis-a-vis brentford)

Not quite the same....this is surely a bit worse than the one today....

A new Manager losing his first game? Bill Shankley's first game as Manager of Liverpool was a 4-0 home defeat. Bill did not complain about the Ref, the pitch or the opposition, instead he assured fans that "after this things will get better".

In fairness, heard a brief bit on Sky and he only talked about the one hitting the post (good save, Max btw) and it being about small margins. Which is football all over.

I think he's only standing his own team's ground, and that is fair

But don't get me on Maupay. Big girl's blouse that can't take it. The Jack Hunt chat bit near the end was brilliant, good on you Jack

Also, Matty was ONside

1 hour ago, 22A said:

A new Manager losing his first game? Bill Shankley's first game as Manager of Liverpool was a 4-0 home defeat. Bill did not complain about the Ref, the pitch or the opposition, instead he assured fans that "after this things will get better".

*Shankly - apologies but a footballing legend deserves to have his name spelled correctly....

Majority of their forum reckons MoM was the ref. Tbf he done a complete 180 at HT and gave us all the little cheap calls and gave us the benefit of the doubt after a Brentford sided 1st but not sure you can complain about the sending off.

He and Pack both booked for the little get together then he clips(smart by NE and naive of Mepham part imo) NE gently but enough to make the ref have a decision to make. 

Had Maupay not miskicked that chance early I reckon Brentford eases by us. He didn’t and they imploded mentally a bit more every minute that passed. A draw would have been fair. 11v11 Brentford may have edged it but 30 minutes of a man advantage and we won. Brentford only have themselves to blame for their sending off and honestly were lucky to finish with 10 and Maupay. They should thank the ref for avoiding sending him off and being suspended later this week. 

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

He and Pack both booked for the little get together

The Ref could have just told them off, but decided to book them. What the lad does after, knowing he's on a booking is all down to him. Shouldn't give the ref a decision to make.

12 hours ago, 22A said:

Heard an interesting stat on the tv yesterday. Apparently before Dean Smith, no Villa Manager had won on their debut.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Ref could have just told them off, but decided to book them. What the lad does after, knowing he's on a booking is all down to him. Shouldn't give the ref a decision to make.

COuld have for sure not booked them but at same time you can’t have complaints. Got to be smart on a booking and he wasn’t. Fair play to Eliasson though it was very saavy to go across him like that. On another day he stays on the pitch but it wasn’t an offensively bad sending off is my main point

49 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

COuld have for sure not booked them but at same time you can’t have complaints. Got to be smart on a booking and he wasn’t. Fair play to Eliasson though it was very saavy to go across him like that. On another day he stays on the pitch but it wasn’t an offensively bad sending off is my main point

Only saw it this morning as I was refreshing the stream when it happened. It's the normal thing to run across a defender in that situation, if the defender stops or trys to get out of the way he may get away with a free kick. If he carries on as he did it gives the Ref a decision to make. Good play from NE and naive from the defender.

Archived