IGNORED

2 home games coming

wendyredredrobin

Wednesday v Hull should be a must win.  Hull are having a bit of a torrid time of it under Nigel Adkins. Just had a look at their squad and we should have nothing to fear other than complacency.

Saturday v Stoke a slightly different proposition though.  They have some decent players and are not far behind in the league. Gary Rowett will have them galvanised for their trip to the gate.  Underperforming so far this season.

6 points from two home games might leave us in a very good position with some tougher games to come.

I still think we are losing out in midfield though and wonder whether we need an extra man in that area. Perhaps Walsh is the man to partner pack in central midfield in the absence of Korey Smith.

I would still be inclined to play a 361 formation or a 4 5 1 formation bearing mind that we have options to bring on a big  heavy lump up front in the second half if needed.

Lee also needs to tell his players that it's ok to shoot from outside the box.

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

O`Leary

Hunt - Webster - Kelly - DaSilva

Eliasson - Brownhill - Pack - Walsh

Taylor - Weimann

That`s what I would like to see on Wednesday with a bench of Wollacott, Hegeler, COD, Pato, Fammy, Morrell , Watkins

Almost agree with that, except I'd play Walsh & Pack CM, Brownhill right midfield & Eliasson left. LJ won't pick that 11 though, Pato is nailed on to start!

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wednesday v Hull should be a must win.  Hull are having a bit of a torrid time of it under Nigel Adkins. Just had a look at their squad and we should have nothing to fear other than complacency.

Saturday v Stoke a slightly different proposition though.  They have some decent players and are not far behind in the league. Gary Rowett will have them galvanised for their trip to the gate.  Underperforming so far this season.

6 points from two home games might leave us in a very good position with some tougher games to come.

I still think we are losing out in midfield though and wonder whether we need an extra man in that area. Perhaps Walsh is the man to partner pack in central midfield in the absence of Korey Smith.

I would still be inclined to play a 361 formation or a 4 5 1 formation bearing mind that we have options to bring on a big  heavy lump up front in the second half if needed.

Lee also needs to tell his players that it's ok to shoot from outside the box.

Not you Packy.

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

O`Leary

Hunt - Webster - Kelly - DaSilva

Eliasson - Brownhill - Pack - Walsh

Taylor - Weimann

That`s what I would like to see on Wednesday with a bench of Wollacott, Hegeler, COD, Pato, Fammy, Morrell , Watkins

Wouldnt play Walsh left midfield.  To keep him fresher for Saturday I would rest Brownhill

O’Leary

Hunt. Webster. Kelly Dasilva

Elliason. Walsh Pack COD

Weimann Taylor

We have the fullbacks to make the narrow diamond work as they are better going forward than back imo.

Have pack holding with Walsh and Brownhill in the middle and hopefully Elliason but more likely Pato just behind Taylor and Weiman. 

Hunt, Webster, Kelly and Dasilva across the back line with Max O’Leary in goal 

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Almost agree with that, except I'd play Walsh & Pack CM, Brownhill right midfield & Eliasson left. LJ won't pick that 11 though, Pato is nailed on to start!

It was more a three in CM with Eliasson as the wide player with license to go on either wing. I`m a bit worried about the attack minded attitude and relative inexperience of the back four so was going for a more solid shield in front of them.

The most important news about the Stoke game, is that a Stoke City season ticket holder mate has paid for my air fare etc so that I can attend.

He knows that as a full time carer to my wife, the stress I am under. However, it doesn't mean he had to pay for my trip which he has.

I'd also like to thank all those on OTIB who offered me the mates rates discount. I did try to find the thread with all the genuine offers but somehow couldn't as I wanted to message you personally. Another BCFC friend has treated me to a ticket courtesy of mates rates.

What a great week ahead. A red button match on Wednesday at a friend's house and a non red button match on Saturday because I'll be there!

32 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

The most important news about the Stoke game, is that a Stoke City season ticket holder mate has paid for my air fare etc so that I can attend.

He knows that as a full time carer to my wife, the stress I am under. However, it doesn't mean he had to pay for my trip which he has.

I'd also like to thank all those on OTIB who offered me the mates rates discount. I did try to find the thread with all the genuine offers but somehow couldn't as I wanted to message you personally. Another BCFC friend has treated me to a ticket courtesy of mates rates.

What a great week ahead. A red button match on Wednesday at a friend's house and a non red button match on Saturday because I'll be there!

That’s quality.  Hope you have a great day.

36 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Fair play to you all. Enjoy the games, mate ?

47 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I appreciate where your coming from Norn Iron as i also care for my disabled wife. You find out who your true friends are & you have some wonderful ones, good on you people!!

3 minutes ago, cityironman said:

I appreciate where your coming from Norn Iron as i also care for my disabled wife. You find out who your true friends are & you have some wonderful ones, good on you people!!

Thanks Cityironman for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear you are in the same boat as me. Despite what the news might portray the Country as being currently (greedy, hedonistic etc) there are people who really do care and who are prepared to help. I was humbled two weeks ago when we visited the local University Open Day as our only child (I'm sure he was only a child last year, what's happened?) wishes to attend next year. The students we met were genuine in helping and spending time with us. It gave me hope for the future.

If you PM me, I'll tell you where we are meeting. It'll be a Stoke City/Bristol City lunch in a pub. I will gladly buy you a pint.

In fact, if there are other Carers reading this and you'd like to meet up, please let me know.

36 minutes ago, cityironman said:

And if like me you find out how little your family care.

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And if like me you find out how little your family care.

Sorry to hear that Big Tone but i'm very fortunate in having great support from the family (in the main!!)

Pretty shite state of affairs if your family dont really give a toss, massive respect to you for coping with your situation despite this (assuming you do of course?!!)

5 hours ago, cityironman said:

Sorry to hear that Big Tone but i'm very fortunate in having great support from the family (in the main!!)

Pretty shite state of affairs if your family dont really give a toss, massive respect to you for coping with your situation despite this (assuming you do of course?!!)

I have no other option and these days no longer care

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I have no other option and these days no longer care

Same here. Very happy to divorce myself from the family I was born into and concentrate on the one I made. 

Best wishes to all you carers out there, happy to hear you are getting some respite and time out for yourselves. No matter how much you love your loved ones you need to recharge your batteries too x

Things I don't want to hear from LJ after either game:

"They have Premier League quality" - that may be, but they are both struggling in the Championship

"It was the second goal that cost us" -we need to defend well from the start.

"They are still a young team and will learn from this" - put a team out to win and coach them about what you expect.

"Our game management needs improvement" - IF we take the lead, let's continue to play, rather than sit ever further back and wait to be picked off.

Here's hoping...

On 21/10/2018 at 02:16, wendyredredrobin said:

I spent longer than I ought to admit wondering why you were talking about Sheffield Wednesday v Hull ?

Archived