IGNORED

Brentford fans

JBFC II

Got to love reading their forum at the moment. 

Apparently we are an incredibly dirty team who got lucky to scrape a win against a Brentford side who were playing their worst football in years, sour grapes or what.... 

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130975

That being said, their fans themselves are very friendly and hospitable, just seems they can't take defeat well.... 

. Gamesmanship everywhere. Jack Hunt was a disgrace and with Lee Johnson, the apple don't fall far from the tree. An odious ***** like his father. All nicey nicey but deep down nasty little me " 

Good to see . I have criticised the nicey nicey nature of our club and am pleased to see them taking notice . 

:yes:

Yesterday was a good away performance, energetic, resistant and patient.

Let's hope the penny's dropped.

Brentford fans are always very friendly and decent in person so no issue there, but strange of them to blame those things when in fact for the last half hour yesterday it was the most physical, clumsy, niggly, ill disciplined Bees side that I can remember in years.

The game ran away from them because we adjusted and cut out their usual quick ball threat from the wings (let's be honest it's usually all Brentford in these games) and they got frustrated out of possession when we then moved the ball far more patiently.

We've had that ref several times last season and he is easily one of the best at this level, but yesterday myself and most around me thought he was incredibly fussy (whistle happy) and for the first 45 mainly at least sensitive  only to City infringements.

Perhaps that's why Brentford thought they could get away with murder in the second half. In fact what happened was not of his making but theirs - they simply became very ill-tempered and agricultural when confronted by having to play a disruptive role.

The red was a deliberate and cynical impeding and before and after that Brentford had been late in and high on City players, even off the ball. And Maupay's tantrum at the end was a disgrace for one of the players of the division and should have been red too.

Their players lost it, that was all. As Ole says, they got frustrated, instead of concentrating on their football (which they do well). Yes Maupay was lucky to still be on the pitch at the end, and the guy who took out Paterson was fortunate to only see a yellow too.

They were their own worst enemy really. Hunt hurling the ball into the crowd after it went out for a throw was an outrageous piece if time wasting, but the ref and Lino were so pre-occupied dealing with their whinging and whining that they didn't see it. And we didn't have to try to waste the final minute; their players spent so long moaning at the ref and then refusing to get back 10 yards that they did it for us.

Always like going to Brentford, friendly fans, the best stewards anywhere in the country, and usually a good footballing side. That said, I have to say that I really enjoyed yesterday's game, not just the result. 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Brentford fans are always very friendly and decent in person so no issue there, but strange of them to blame those things when in fact for the last half hour yesterday it was the most physical, clumsy, niggly, ill disciplined Bees side that I can remember in years.

The game ran away from them because we adjusted and cut out their usual quick ball threat from the wings (let's be honest it's usually all Brentford in these games) and they got frustrated out of possession when we then moved the ball far more patiently.

We've had that ref several times last season and he is easily one of the best at this level, but yesterday myself and most around me thought he was incredibly fussy (whistle happy) and for the first 45 mainly at least sensitive  only to City infringements.

Perhaps that's why Brentford thought they could get away with murder in the second half. In fact what happened was not of his making but theirs - they simply became very ill-tempered and agricultural when confronted by having to play a disruptive role.

The red was a deliberate and cynical impeding and before and after that Brentford had been late in and high on City players, even off the ball. And Maupay's tantrum at the end was a disgrace for one of the players of the division and should have been red too.

Thought they had a tackle perhaps early in the second half that reminded me of the red Baker got against QPR last season. Wasn’t even deemed a foul. I am all for tough tackling but from where I sat looked reckless and a bit too forceful(by todays standards). Just looking for consistency and yesterday he was not for both sides. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, Bristol City fans are the ‘worst fan base in the country for this’ cos @Emersons Red said so....no one else complains or moans like we do...apparently...

when we lose City fans vitriol is usually directed at  Patterson, Pack, the team, LJ , LJ's tactics, selections and substitutions and SL. 

Moaning about the opposition is usually a long way down the list! 

:)

55 minutes ago, tommytank1985 said:

Couple of top half finishes in the championship and they have got waaay to Big for their boots. 

Remember, our full name is Bristol we should be beating these City.

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

They were their own worst enemy really. Hunt hurling the ball into the crowd after it went out for a throw was an outrageous piece if time wasting, but the ref and Lino were so pre-occupied dealing with their whinging and whining that they didn't see it. And we didn't have to try to waste the final minute; their players spent so long moaning at the ref and then refusing to get back 10 yards that they did it for us.

Spot on. The best bit of time wasting was when they had a free kick near their corner flag and they tried to get Eliasson booked by booting it at him.  He did well to jump out of the way and it went straight out for our throw in. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sawyers on Pack too, could easily have been a red.

Was that the one in the LB position? When I saw it first I thought he was making a meal of it, I thought it was one of those you challenge for but the players follow through clearing the ball makes contact. Saw it again and he gets Pack's standing foot and then there's contact with his other leg.  Does look deliberate .

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Was that the one in the LB position? When I saw it first I thought he was making a meal of it, I thought it was one of those you challenge for but the players follow through clearing the ball makes contact. Saw it again and he gets Pack's standing foot and then there's contact with his other leg.  Does look deliberate .

Yes, that’s the one.  Sawyers knew what he doing, irrespective of whether Pack’s follow through instigates contact.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought they had a tackle perhaps early in the second half that reminded me of the red Baker got against QPR last season. Wasn’t even deemed a foul. I am all for tough tackling but from where I sat looked reckless and a bit too forceful(by todays standards). Just looking for consistency and yesterday he was not for both sides. 

Yes, won the ball but studs well and truly up. I said the same at the time. To be fair, Baker probably has a reputation to contend with, and won't have done himself any favours with the way he clattered their player into the advertising boards in the first 5 minutes. If that had been second half he'd probably have had a red too!

And I had to feel a bit sorry for them when they started getting penalised for high feet against Walsh and DaSilva!

• Admin

Am intrigued with the lad that got sent off and Webster, they were pushing and fronting up to each other through the game, and Webster was straight in his face when he was sent off. Looked like they had previous 

Also just before the full time whistle one of their guys went for Hunt, then on the whistle Hunt went for him and they had to be separated by the corner flag

Very much enjoyed relegating them at AG in the 90s on the last day of the season after they had gloated so much after murdering us at Griffin Park earlier that season. 

That said, that's what football fans do. In the scheme of things, got to respect them - without meaning to be condescending, when you've got so many bigger clubs in your doorstep got to doff my hat to those that have chosen to follow em. 

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am intrigued with the lad that got sent off and Webster, they were pushing and fronting up to each other through the game, and Webster was straight in his face when he was sent off. Looked like they had previous 

Also just before the full time whistle one of their guys went for Hunt, then on the whistle Hunt went for him and they had to be separated by the corner flag

Just as well the corner flag was able to separate them or they'd both have had reds!

19 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Christ, reading that thread you would think we were managed by Warnock.

Thought a big difference was that we didn't lose our heads when it got niggly. Brentford, in part, caused their own downfall.

Big difference: their manager! Shook hands with the officials and our players afterwards. Had a bit of a grumble - mostly about the first yellow for their guy who got sent off - but nothing over the top. I suspect that, unlike Warnock, he'll be telling them to concentrate on their football. And rightly so - they have some decent players regardless of what happened yesterday.

I’m in Vietnam at the moment and streamed this game on a boat in Halong Bay. At first it was just my mate and I watching it but by the end I had 3 crew members, one Aussie and an American watching it. Taught them all doe city songs and they were singing drink up me cider at the end of the game, brilliant. The American was the only one who was into football and he thought Brentford were a bunch of dirty bastards. Also donated a city shirt to a Vietnamese guy which I regretted when I woke up. Needless to say I had a very sore head this morning.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Brentford's Alan Judge suffered a horrendous leg break at Ipswich in April 16. Webster didn't play in that game though but could there have been "bad blood" festering in the Ipswich/Brentford fixture - do we have a Brentford fan on this forum? Probably not.

Archived