Bristol is red

4 minutes ago, Bristol is red said:

From 21 minutes onwards....

O'Leary 22

Dasilva 20 

Kelly 20

Webster 23

Hunt 27

Our defense had an average age of just 22.4 years! Huge credit to them for the way they defended and helping the team to a clean sheet.

Must be many years since we've had such a young backline in a game?

And they are good too. Wasn’t just a one off(well you could say it about Max but think he can be a good champ keeper). Add in Eliasson and Walsh too that finished the game and you realise how young we are.

I have seen some say we aren’t a young side but we really are. Even some of our older players are still reaching or just reached their prime(Weimann 27, Pack 27, Hunt 27, Watkins 27, Smith 27 & Wright 26). Lots of experience but a lot of football left in them and arguably when you start getting the best of players. 

Point is, we ask an awful lot of players under 24 years old when realistically they are matched up most weeks with players with double the experience(perhaps why yesterday we played well as we could match their youthful exuberence). Our biggest challenge is keeping these young players together for 2/3/4 seasons for a real promotion push

1 hour ago, Bristol is red said:

O'Leary 22

Dasilva 20 

Kelly 20

Webster 23

Hunt 27

Our defense had an average age of just 22.4 years! Huge credit to them for the way they defended and helping the team to a clean sheet.

Playing championship standard as well. Credit to the lads. 

1 hour ago, Bristol is red said:

O'Leary 22

Dasilva 20 

Kelly 20

Webster 23

Hunt 27

Add to that vyner 21, Taylor Moore 21 and cam pring 20! All out on loan. Things looking good for the future! 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think the side that finished totalled 260 years...so average 23.6.

The side that started...270 years....24.5.

It’s amazing how many of us calculated this yesterday, I did on my way back from the match.

A really young group, and when you think that a couple of the ‘oldies’ pushing up the average have just joined this season it makes you think. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s amazing how many of us calculated this yesterday, I did on my way back from the match.

A really young group, and when you think that a couple of the ‘oldies’ pushing up the average have just joined this season it makes you think. 

The big question is did you get the same totals!!

Interesting in the above graphic that most of the young sides are made up of new(ish) Champ sides, whereas the oldies are ex-Prem / long-term Champ teams.

Probably correlates with recruitment.

@DavefevsYes, we did it for the side that finished the match and rounded it up to 24. We didn’t do it for the side that started, only guessed that we would probably need to add a few years and that total would be around 25 which was still relatively young and was surprised at that.

One thing I hadn’t really clicked about is that Paterson will be 27 in December, I always think he’s a few years younger, so we should be expecting more from him I think.

3 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

O'Leary 22

Dasilva 20 

Kelly 20

Webster 23

Hunt 27

Careful, you might get accused of being ageist.

Archived