IGNORED

Bobby De Cordova Reid

pongo88

11 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Personally, I would tap my head for 30,000 a week 

I'd tap your head for £30,000 a week - and with a hammer!  :)

23 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Why oh why did he have to do that head tapping 5h!te ? 

Because if you are lucky enough to ever get to wear the red, or is it blue these days, shirt of Caahdiff it's something expected of you.

BTW  to this day I have no idea what it was all about.. apart from they look like proper ***** when they do it

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

BTW  to this day I have no idea what it was all about.. apart from they look like proper ***** when they do it

Tapping their heads is ‘doing the Ayatollah’ - Cardiff do it because a Welsh punk band called ‘U Thant’ used to do it with their fans at gigs in the late 1980s - the band started to do it because they saw mourners at the funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini doing it as a way of expressing their grief. For some reason they thought it looked impressive and it spread from the band to the band’s fans and onwards to Cardiff City who first ‘performed the Ayatollah’ in 1990. It has often been incorrectly attributed to Cardiff’s ex Chairman Sam Hammam who decided it was wise to walk in front of Leeds fans ‘doing the Ayatollah’ during an FA Cup game - but they were doing it way before that....loved our chant at their place a few years ago though...”You used to be blue, now you’re red, you look like ***** when you tap your head”.....

Here endeth the history lesson for today.....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Tapping their heads is ‘doing the Ayatollah’ - Cardiff do it because a Welsh punk band called ‘U Thant’ used to do it with their fans at gigs in the late 1980s - the band started to do it because they saw mourners at the funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini doing it as a way of expressing their grief. For some reason they thought it looked impressive and it spread from the band to the band’s fans and onwards to Cardiff City who first ‘performed the Ayatollah’ in 1990. It has often been incorrectly attributed to Cardiff’s ex Chairman Sam Hammam who decided it was wise to walk in front of Leeds fans ‘doing the Ayatollah’ during an FA Cup game - but they were doing it way before that....loved our chant at their place a few years ago though...”You used to be blue, now you’re red, you look like ***** when you tap your head”.....

Here endeth the history lesson for today.....

Cheers. BS4  never knew any of that.

PS were the band any good?

9 hours ago, Keyardiv said:

Yes, although he hasn't really had a run of games yet. Warnock's been trying different players and formations to make us more of a goal threat. Yesterday's line-up had a nice balance to it so hopefully he'll become a regular.

I like him, intelligent player with good feet and works his bollox off. 

Has Warnock worked out that he's a striker yet?

On 21/10/2018 at 21:00, AppyDAZE said:

Because if you are lucky enough to ever get to wear the red, or is it blue these days, shirt of Caahdiff it's something expected of you.

It's blue mate. Has been for a while.

Archived