IGNORED

ollie Watkins V. FD !

DT The Optimist

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Pearson from Preston, achievable transfer now and would go a lot way to solving our midfield problems 

A good player but also extremely dirty by current standards. Witness his previous performances against us. That said I can imagine Gerry Gow in his pomp tearing Pearson apart!!

39 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Would have? Apologies then I thought you meant now.

Yeah because the SPL is **** mate.

didn't word it very well, yes with interest from bigger clubs think we have missed the boat now on him, shame, really surprised we did not make more of an effort to sign him sure he would have come to us in preference to Brentford is what I was trying to get at.

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I wish Walsh was growing. And if not growing, he certainly needs to beef up and get some strength on the ball.

Which is exactly the problem that Walsh has when coming up against some like Pack, who is over 6 inches taller and a lot more physical.

You are not alone Dave. Walsh needs to be at the front of a midfield 3, with little requirement to tackle. Like a more withdrawn Paterson role from last season. And we are not set up to play that way. It was also exactly the same problem that we had with Bobby Reid, until LJ pushed him forward.

For Walsh to play we would need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, or something similar, with just 1 player up front. Given our strikers' form seems to have deserted them, with perhaps only Matty Taylor currently exceeding his extremely low goal-scoring expectations, that does not seem a great option.

Walsh isn’t a 10. It is also false about his strength and ability to tackle. Liam gets stuck in and doesn’t mind winning the ball back. He will get stronger but he isn’t weak considering his size and age. Walsh is more a Pack than Brownhill and he isn’t up to Packs play yet so he will need to impress as a sub. If we played with 3 midfield he would probably play next to Pack and both a bit further back than Brownhill

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I wish Walsh was growing. And if not growing, he certainly needs to beef up and get some strength on the ball.

Which is exactly the problem that Walsh has when coming up against some like Pack, who is over 6 inches taller and a lot more physical.

You are not alone Dave. Walsh needs to be at the front of a midfield 3, with little requirement to tackle. Like a more withdrawn Paterson role from last season. And we are not set up to play that way. It was also exactly the same problem that we had with Bobby Reid, until LJ pushed him forward.

For Walsh to play we would need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, or something similar, with just 1 player up front. Given our strikers' form seems to have deserted them, with perhaps only Matty Taylor currently exceeding his extremely low goal-scoring expectations, that does not seem a great option.

My comments were related to Bannan. 

A fair few Brentford fans really questioning Watkins as he's been poor for the last few weeks. 

I like Diedhiou. Not sure he fully suits the kind of football we try to play but I think we could accommodate him if we had Watkins and Eliasson on the wings instead of Paterson and Eliasson.

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

A fair few Brentford fans really questioning Watkins as he's been poor for the last few weeks. 

I like Diedhiou. Not sure he fully suits the kind of football we try to play but I think we could accommodate him if we had Watkins and Eliasson on the wings instead of Paterson and Eliasson.

After his meteoric rise I think he is allowed a few off games. He wasnt awful on Saturday;  just not his usual self. 

If we were in for him I would expect us to have got him. If we werent then one has to ask why as he fits what we are trying to do perfectly

On 21/10/2018 at 16:26, Robbored said:

I’m not a scout as BobbobSuperBob is/was..............:sleeping:

I completely agree with the second paragraph tho but obviously LJ saw strengthening the defence as a more of a priority than the midfield. 

The loss of Korey Smith to injury has really highlighted just how thin City are in that area. That said it was refreshing to see Walsh get around 20mins yesterday.

Why do you keep namechecking another poster in a sarcastic way... do you have insecurity issues?

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Exactly my point, he is easy to shift off of the ball and he goes down too easily, I am not the only person seeing this.

I don't think he works hard enough Its Mr 60%. Question for anybody when has Famara worked flat out this season? When has he worked flat out for the team consistently in the time he has been here???

53 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

I don't think he works hard enough Its Mr 60%. Question for anybody when has Famara worked flat out this season? When has he worked flat out for the team consistently in the time he has been here???

Interesting point. I saw Brentford players at full-sprint off the ball, working angles, closing down. I don’t see enough of that from us. Odd flashes, but not enough. 

Archived