IGNORED

your best eleven City players in last 35 years

Never to the dark side

This is obviously subjective, and more recent players are obviously fresher in the mind. Seems to me that walsh newman taylor shelton cole welch and jacki should all be considered from the first 10 years of that timescale. Then tinnion carey murray basso orr and bell from the next 10. 

I lose track after that, weve had some dross, but you would have to say the gj playoff team and the cotts promotion team had some excellent players and made a superb team.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

How is Gary Shelton not in there? Also, most of our players are out on position! 

Just replying to the question. My best eleven City players from the last 35 years. There was no mention of positions. Am pretty sure most people will say different things. That's the point. Shelton isn't in my best eleven because I don't think he was one of our best eleven. It's really quite a simple concept.

4 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Just replying to the question. My best eleven City players from the last 35 years. There was no mention of positions. Am pretty sure most people will say different things. That's the point. Shelton isn't in my best eleven because I don't think he was one of our best eleven. It's really quite a simple concept.

So ignoring positions, you think Bradley Orr is in our best 11 players in the last 35 years?  Seems an odd choice.   

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

Ignoring positions you just happened to pick a goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders and three attackers - quite a coincidence! 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ignoring positions you just happened to pick a goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders and three attackers - quite a coincidence! 

As stated above: 
"I did try to choose a range of defenders, midfielders and attackers. I suppose if I analysed in real depth, I may end up with a team of 8 attackers and 2 defenders. Or 10 midfielders."

At no point did I say I ignored positions. I stated that the original question didn't mention positions.

6 minutes ago, FlintSaidNo said:

I’m only young so can only really answer for last 10-15 years, and it’s probably weighted towards the more recent end of that, but in my opinion:

Basso

Orr-Carey-Flint-Bryan

Murray-Skuse-Pack-Adomah

Abraham-Maynard

You may only be a young un - but that side you’ve picked would walk this division....

Archived