IGNORED

your best eleven City players in last 35 years

Never to the dark side

I seriously don't get the love for Hartley. He played 42 times in one average season for us. Eliott did much more in his one superhuman season plus was promoted with us too. 

I also feel Noble is given too much love considering he underperformed most of his time with us compared with his natural talent. I prefer Tommy Doc for his years of effort, albeit with a gag in his mouth.

But Newman best of the lot. 

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Wash your mouth out. How bloody rude

I do apologise. Not sure what I was thinking.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

A whole day? That would be longer than he actually lasted in real life

Maybe just half a day, then. In all seriousness, I would choose Joe Jordan. 

I won't pick a team, just some that I recall as very good performers for City.

Brian Tinnion, Rob Newman, Darren Barnard, Scott Murray, Mickey Bell, Martin Scott, Tommy Doherty, Aden Flint, Joe Bryan, Basso, Keith Welch, Aaron Wilbraham, Cole and Jacki, Lloyd Kelly.

There are plenty more but keeping the list brief. More difficult to choose an actual eleven. As for best team, either Joe Jordan's 1989-90 of Cotts 2013.

As a PS.

Tinman is up there with the really great City players like Atyeo, Gow, Ritchie, Wedlock.

24 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I won't pick a team, just some that I recall as very good performers for City.

Brian Tinnion, Rob Newman, Darren Barnard, Scott Murray, Mickey Bell, Martin Scott, Tommy Doherty, Aden Flint, Joe Bryan, Basso, Keith Welch, Aaron Wilbraham, Cole and Jacki, Lloyd Kelly.

There are plenty more but keeping the list brief. More difficult to choose an actual eleven. As for best team, either Joe Jordan's 1989-90 of Cotts 2013.

As a PS.

Tinman is up there with the really great City players like Atyeo, Gow, Ritchie, Wedlock.

Are you deluded! How can you put Tinnion on a par with Atyeo or Gow? Quite the most ridiculous comment i’ve seen in a long time

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Are you deluded! How can you put Tinnion on a par with Atyeo or Gow? Quite the most ridiculous comment i’ve seen in a long time

Why not? For nearly ten years he was a very big influence on the teams he played in. In much the same way as Atyeo and Gow were in their eras.

I'll concede that not as good a player as them but in his own time, he was a backbone of the side for a long period. I also acknowledge that most of his time here was at a lower level than John and Gerry.

Basso

Orr    Carey    S Taylor    Bell

Murray  Shelton Tinnion  Walsh

B Taylor   Goater

I loved Tinnion when he moved to CM and fed Murray in time and again with defence splitting passes. With Walsh outside him on the other side he’d have been even better. 

I’ve left out Cole as he wasn’t here for long enough, and S Taylor was one of my favourites of all time at the back. I reckon that’s a pretty good team....

18 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Pity the criteria wasn't 45 years instead of 35 then there's no argument !!!

Cashley

Sweeney Collier Merrick Drysdale

Tainton. Mann Gow

Ritchie. Cheesley Whitehead

Sub: Fear

Manager: AD

End of (as they say)

Cashley

Gow   Collier   Merrick   Gow

Gow    Gow     Gow

Gow    Cheesley    Gow

Sub:    Gow

46 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Pity the criteria wasn't 45 years instead of 35 then there's no argument !!!

Cashley

Sweeney Collier Merrick Drysdale

Tainton. Mann Gow

Ritchie. Cheesley Whitehead

Sub: Fear

Manager: AD

End of (as they say)

Dicks out....

Archived