IGNORED

your best eleven City players in last 35 years

Never to the dark side

Danny Rose was shite for us, but wen't on to play for England and Spurs. 

Using what they went on to do as an argument to choose Heaton over Basso is silly. 

Heaton was average for us. Basso was probably the best keeper outside of the Prem for a year or two.

Billy Mercer is Burnleys GK coach & he has turned Heaton & Pope into great keepers, and he's helped Hart return to his best. 

Ending the post off topic, but England could do a lot worse than getting Mercer involved with the national side. 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re not trying to patronise me are you Bob?...........:rofl2br:

No doubt at all that GJ was taking us down but fortunately SL was forced to sack him after the players had had refused to play for him.

So your claims Of ‘found out’ and ‘Taking us to brink of relegation’ stands do they ........

:yawn:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

You’re not trying to patronise me are you Bob?...........:rofl2br:

No doubt at all that GJ was taking us down but fortunately SL was forced to sack him after the players had had refused to play for him.

You don't think we would of picked up 3 points in the last 9 games?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

There is no argument.

He took City to the brink of relegation mid-table security and actually took Yeovil Robbored  down - hard historical fact.

:whistle:  :)

Sorry RR - too much of an open goal to refuse.

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course.........it was pretty obvious to all but non disciples of GJ.

Excellent

In that case 

15th place

45pts

and seven points clear of a relegation spot

Lets move it on........I wonder what you were saying in March 2017 when , at the same point your wonderboy had us 

22nd

38 points

and IN the relegation zone

When you remove your head from Juniors backside , maybe you’d like to tell him he should have been sacked

At least you’ve proved yet again to be a clueless buffon

Priceless

:laughcont:

:clap:

2EA86853-9BA7-444C-838E-6A718A571E13.png

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

There is no argument.

He took City to the brink of relegation and actually took Yeovil down - hard historical fact.

I’m sorry but taking Yeovil to the Championship is an unbelievable achievement, absolutely no shame in getting relegated with such a small club

On 22/10/2018 at 14:49, Robbored said:

GJ showed that he is/was a decent enough lower league manager but that when he reached the Championship with both City and Yeovil he got found out. Granted he did well in his first season in the Championship but his drab style of football was soon found the following season. 

So for me it has to be Danny Wilson.

Is that the Danny Wilson dismissed by 9 football league clubs, you know, the guy with 3 relegations on his CV?

On average, he's been sacked every 2 years since 1998......which is probably why his number of relegations is only 3.

46 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Is that the Danny Wilson dismissed by 9 football league clubs, you know, the guy with 3 relegations on his CV?

On average, he's been sacked every 2 years since 1998......which is probably why his number of relegations is only 3.

To me it’s all about the style of football and under Wilson City played some great stuff. Lots of attacking play and goals. I really enjoyed his spell in charge - that’s why I’d want to see him in charge of our imaginary team.

Under Senior it was the complete opposite. Drab and uninspiring football as a GD of +1 showed. It became dull and dreary to watch but I carried on attending because I’m a very long time City fan.. I couldn’t abandon the club I’d supported since 1967.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To me it’s all about the style of football and under Wilson City played some great stuff. Lots of attacking play and goals. I really enjoyed his spell in charge - that’s why I’d want to see him in charge of our imaginary team.

Under Senior it was the complete opposite. Drab and uninspiring football as a GD of +1 showed. It became dull and dreary to watch but I carried on attending because I’m a very long time City fan.. I couldn’t abandon the club I’d supported since 1967.

To everyone else, it's about results.

I'm guessing you enjoyed the 2004 play-off final then?

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Wilson will always be remembered for that playoff final. Braindead decisions and fully deserved to be booted out after.

Remember taking my seat and hearing the teams read out. No Lita! WTF??

Brighton never looked back.

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Players who I don't think have had  a mention that did us proud.

Stevie Neville

Glyn Riley

Greg Goodridge.

Great entertainers and scorers of fantastic goals.

I tweeted both the first two asking for their inclusion, especially Riley.

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Players who I don't think have had  a mention that did us proud.

Stevie Neville

Glyn Riley

Greg Goodridge.

Great entertainers and scorers of fantastic goals.

The first thing that sprang to mind when saw Greg Goodridge was his wild shots at goal............:facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I tweeted both the first two asking for their inclusion, especially Riley.

Yeah both had pretty good scoring records for us. Riley 61 in 199 games, Neville  40 in 134. Both had the ability to play higher.

Goodridge great to watch running with the ball, not so prolific but could strike a ball on occasions. As RedLionLad  hinted at natural scorer compared to Juinor.?

Archived