IGNORED

Football Manager 2019

Lrrr

Anyone downloaded the beta yet? Using 433 with the Gegenpress which seems a pretty powerful tactic on this version. City get given a £2.5m budget, pretty poor given our net profit over the summer. I really like the new tactics format, previous seasons you had to guess/know how to put good tactics together, now FM gives base templates for several styles of play and the formations that can be used for them, can still create your own though. Annoyingly they have Korey Smith as out for 10-11 months which doesn't seem to match up to real life. Bailey Wright starts on the transfer list as well.

Board wants you to sign young players for first team so signed Browning from Everton, 3 star potential 4 star for around £700,000 and 2 youngsters, one from Ireland one from Spain with good potential. Otherwise loans brought in Connor Wickham, Henri Lansbury (good Mezzala in a midfield 3) Sam Winnall and Matty Cash. Went the loan route as it seems there will be more value then 1 average player in. Scott McTominay chose Cardiff loan and Hamza Choudhury chose Middlesbrough with standard offers so if people want them probably best to offer good terms for loan.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Anyone downloaded the beta yet? Using 433 with the Gegenpress which seems a pretty powerful tactic on this version. City get given a £2.5m budget, pretty poor given our net profit over the summer. I really like the new tactics format, previous seasons you had to guess/know how to put good tactics together, now FM gives base templates for several styles of play and the formations that can be used for them, can still create your own though. Annoyingly they have Korey Smith as out for 10-11 months which doesn't seem to match up to real life. Bailey Wright starts on the transfer list as well.

Board wants you to sign young players for first team so signed Browning from Everton, 3 star potential 4 star for around £700,000 and 2 youngsters, one from Ireland one from Spain with good potential. Otherwise loans brought in Connor Wickham, Henri Lansbury (good Mezzala in a midfield 3) Sam Winnall and Matty Cash. Went the loan route as it seems there will be more value then 1 average player in. Scott McTominay chose Cardiff loan and Hamza Choudhury chose Middlesbrough with standard offers so if people want them probably best to offer good terms for loan.

Cheers for the summary. Are there any good prospects in our under 23s or under 18s?

49 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Cheers for the summary. Are there any good prospects in our under 23s or under 18s?

Taylor Moore still has 4 gold star and 5 blacked out star potential. Marcus Day, Semenyo and Sesay 2 1/2 gold star potential, 3 1/2 blacked out star potential. Jake Andrews 3 gold star and 4 blacked out. Disappointed with Joe Morrell's potential. 

Something new I've just come across, occasionally when you speak to a player if they've got a concern they'll say they appreciate you taking the time to speak to them and they'll work harder knowing you took the time, didn't have to go through any conversation etc just started the conversation saying I've heard somethings wrong... etc and the message came up.

7 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Yeah I've been playing it, disappointed with the budget. Not started the season yet but scored 30 goals in pre season! Signed Nelson Oliveria for £1.8 million + some additional fees later on scored a hattrick on his friendly debut  

I set pre-season friendlies to assistant manager in charge, love that new feature as well. Had a report saying Diedhiou wasn't justifying his wage, 4 goals in 8 or 9 games at the time with a rating of 7.02 ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

I set pre-season friendlies to assistant manager in charge, love that new feature as well. Had a report saying Diedhiou wasn't justifying his wage, 4 goals in 8 or 9 games at the time with a rating of 7.02 ?‍♂️

I'm seriously thinking about selling him, I got the same message! He's not training well and doesn't really play the style I'm after

Nathan Baker was a right diva when I dropped him, and them complained when I didn't sell him to Cardiff, who hadn't actually bid for him. On the flip side, Bailey Wright actually told me I'd made the correct decision when I stripped him of the captaincy. 

I'm definitely going to boo Baker if I see him on Wednesday. The bastard.

Started unemployed with no badges/experience and got the job at Gloucester.

No money or wage budget, expected to be fighting relegation, and have a playoff place guarenteed with 5 games to play.

Was using a very slightly tweaked version of the pressing 4-1-4-1 DM wide tactic.

At one point I went 21 unbeaten, with 17 of those being wins and had an 11 point lead over 2nd. Had a bit of a wobble and now I'm 4th- 1 point behind 1st!

City wouldn't let me loan anyone from them.

23 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

Is Lloyd Kelly good enough to start. Always struggled to get him to his potential in previous years 

7.06 rating at LB for me, Dasilva makes a decent back up. Kelly needs a rest when games build up though if you get through a few rounds in the cup.

36 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I'm seriously thinking about selling him, I got the same message! He's not training well and doesn't really play the style I'm after

Seems to make a decent pressing forward which I was surprised about, but his stats seem to fit it. Currently valued £6.5m for me so if he maintains that I should be able to sell for £8m or so if I want.

I've got it, but I'm afraid to start it, because I know it'll suck up all of my free time for the next six months.

Typically, I won't manage Bristol CIty until later on in my save. I'm a big fan of starting abroad, maybe moving into Europe a bit later, and when I've got a solid reputation take a job at Bristol City and drag them kicking and screaming into the Champions League.

30 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Started unemployed with no badges/experience and got the job at Gloucester.

No money or wage budget, expected to be fighting relegation, and have a playoff place guarenteed with 5 games to play.

Was using a very slightly tweaked version of the pressing 4-1-4-1 DM wide tactic.

At one point I went 21 unbeaten, with 17 of those being wins and had an 11 point lead over 2nd. Had a bit of a wobble and now I'm 4th- 1 point behind 1st!

City wouldn't let me loan anyone from them.

Just played the last 3 league games, a draw and a defeat in the final two games cost me the title. Finished 4th and have to try the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Has anyone else been having tactical decisions made for them in game?

I quit a match 10 minutes in (at 0-0) because all of my subs got used without me touching my laptop.

Has happened quite a few times now, usually it's when a player picks up a knock, but not always.

Is something set differently under staff responsibilities? Could be subs are left to assistant or something

23 minutes ago, hodge said:

Is something set differently under staff responsibilities? Could be subs are left to assistant or something

I have all the responsibilities except setting up training.

I don't even have an assistant, sacked the one I had to see if it would stop this happening.

Reached January, top of the league P25, W15, D9, L1 pts 54. 7 points clear of Frank Lampard's Derby County in 2nd, 14 points clear of 7th. Middlesbrough in the relegation zone :laugh:

Been told to report it by one of the SI staff as the game being too easy with the tactic I'm using.... sorry guys :laugh: Gegenpress is a beast of a tactic. Lansbury has been very good if you can get him on loan, he, Brownhill and Pack make a very good midfield. Brownhill's value is up around £7m, Eliasson is good. Diedhiou on about 8 goals. Haven't touched the defence really except signing Toulalan who usually goes on the bench.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Reached January, top of the league P25, W15, D9, L1 pts 54. 7 points clear of Frank Lampard's Derby County in 2nd, 14 points clear of 7th. Middlesbrough in the relegation zone :laugh:

Been told to report it by one of the SI staff as the game being too easy with the tactic I'm using.... sorry guys :laugh: Gegenpress is a beast of a tactic. Lansbury has been very good if you can get him on loan, he, Brownhill and Pack make a very good midfield. Brownhill's value is up around £7m, Eliasson is good. Diedhiou on about 8 goals. Haven't touched the defence really except signing Toulalan who usually goes on the bench.

Coincidentally on my save at Gloucester, City had Lansbury on loan too.

Johnson left halfway through the season though to take the Norwich job and was replaced by a Leeds coach.

Archived