IGNORED

Football Manager 2019

Lrrr

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This thread is taking back to the good ole days when I used to play the game a helluva lot.  I did some beta testing for them on a couple of releases too.  Most of the bugs I found had already been reported.

You're usually good with financial and City's annual reports etc, any idea where to find one that would show our sell ons for Bolasie and Adomah? On the SI forum been asked for proof we generally insert clauses as Ayling's gone for big money on my save but we didn't receive anything.

44 minutes ago, hodge said:

Reached February, 1 loss in 29 games and somehow haven't won manager of the month yet

I do think the game has been a bit too easy.

As said earler, I had a 21 game unbeaten run, with 17 wins in the league with a Gloucester side that were favourites for relegation. Was nearly 30 games in before I failed to score in a league match.

Had no money for transfers and only had money to offer £200 a week maximum to free agents.

Had a few moments that made me chuckle already.

1. After beating Truro without them having a single shot in the game, my goalkeeper got in the team of the week.

2. By a coincidence I signed 2 free agents with the same name, Joe Parker. Neither were starters but had potential to be. Joe Parker #1 was brought into my team as my cup GK and I forgot to swap him back out. A couple of games later Joe Parker #2 replaced my first choice striker due to injury. 

Both Joe Parkers got their first booking of the season in the same game.

3. A game or two after that I had a goal scored by Joe Parker, with a Joe Parker assist.

8 hours ago, hodge said:

You're usually good with financial and City's annual reports etc, any idea where to find one that would show our sell ons for Bolasie and Adomah? On the SI forum been asked for proof we generally insert clauses as Ayling's gone for big money on my save but we didn't receive anything.

I don’t have anything concrete, just the widely assumed 15-20% sell on profits from both. 

You would expect that most transfers sideways (Freeman, Ayling) or up (Bryan, Reid) have sell ons. Whether those down (Burns, Agard) do I don’t know. 

@Mr Popodopolous any intel?

I'm halfway through pre-season on my save.

Didn't play last years, barely played on 2017. 2016 was the one I played a lot on, and lots of things have seemed to have changed.

Haven't got any signings in yet, just trying to scout out some gems. Tried to get Zinchenko on loan but chose Stoke. (On Fifa I've signed Zinchenko, McTominay, Loftus-Cheek and Solanke on loan, so tried to replicate and got rejected on all but Zinchenko)

Do like the new Tactics situation, makes life a bit easier. It's going to take a while to get used to the new features though.

4 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

I'm halfway through pre-season on my save.

Didn't play last years, barely played on 2017. 2016 was the one I played a lot on, and lots of things have seemed to have changed.

Haven't got any signings in yet, just trying to scout out some gems. Tried to get Zinchenko on loan but chose Stoke. (On Fifa I've signed Zinchenko, McTominay, Loftus-Cheek and Solanke on loan, so tried to replicate and got rejected on all but Zinchenko)

Do like the new Tactics situation, makes life a bit easier. It's going to take a while to get used to the new features though.

Fifa a player will always signs for you pretty much if you have the money to loan them in. 

I've got extremely good at Football Manager over the years, to the point where I actually used to play in FMScout tournaments for a couple of quid. Must have over 7000 hours total across all games.

18 was so bad it was scary in terms of gameplay. Once you worked out that mezzalas and full backs on attack were the way to win the game just broke (or 3 strikers, but the less said about that the better).

Looking forward to trying 19 out. Taken Dundee United to multiple Champions League wins last year so gonna try and replicate it again.

14 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I've got extremely good at Football Manager over the years, to the point where I actually used to play in FMScout tournaments for a couple of quid. Must have over 7000 hours total across all games.

18 was so bad it was scary in terms of gameplay. Once you worked out that mezzalas and full backs on attack were the way to win the game just broke (or 3 strikers, but the less said about that the better).

Looking forward to trying 19 out. Taken Dundee United to multiple Champions League wins last year so gonna try and replicate it again.

Jay Challenge.jpg

I'm 1 game from the end of the season and romped home as champions by 14 points or so, thing is I have an average winning points total from the last few years, the rest of the chasing pack are probably 5-10 points behind where 2nd/3rd usually would be.

Situation for the last game though, I have Hull who are 3 points above Middlesbrough for relegation but Boro have the better goal difference, do I play the kids to try relegating Middlesbrough? :laugh:

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

It is the worst when you learn how best to manipulate a game. I have only played FM mobile the last few years and it is so easy on there. Even with a small budget you go straight to the transfer list. Fifa the same. Can buy star players for less than their value and sell yours for top money usually. Then pretty much every young player gets better and usually even better if they are with you. 

Started a new City save the other day and finally caught up on where we are in the season now.

Top of the league, Diedhiou is on fire with 15 goals in 14 starts.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 attacking using my wingers to hammer crosses into the box 

Transfers I made two, Scott McTominay on loan from Manchester United and Ravel Morrison for £1.2 million from Lazio 

Da Silva is probably my favourite player, keeping Lloyd Kelly out the team comfortably looking for a pace RB come January 

Selling in January Pisano (to old for me) Hegeler and probably Matty Taylor both of them don't fit into the system or are getting any game time.

Would upload print screens but it's not letting me, I posted them in the Bristol City FaceBook group if anyone is in there and wants to see them! 

Do you have to pre-order the game to get access to the demo? Can't seem to find a beta/demo on Steam.

Haven't played the PC version of FM since FM08, usually get the mobile version as I travel a lot and for £8 it's more than worth it for me on long train journeys. Got 10 days off though and would like to try the PC version again.

Just realised it's a beta not a demo, ignore.

Fancy getting back into this, havent played it for a few years as the last one I played was a bit naff (cant remember which year).

Any good deals around at the moment for it? Looked on the Game website at the weekend and decided I wouldnt be getting it from there....

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

Fancy getting back into this, havent played it for a few years as the last one I played was a bit naff (cant remember which year).

Any good deals around at the moment for it? Looked on the Game website at the weekend and decided I wouldnt be getting it from there....

Have a look on G2A, normally big discounts off there mate.

Archived