IGNORED

Football Manager 2019

Lrrr

What coaching badges and previous playing experiences do you all start with?

I have a Gloucester save where I started with the minimum ones, after promotion in season one I'm bottom half of the Conference but favourites for relegation and just had a job offer from a League 2 side. Completed 2 coaching courses so far.

I went to start a City save with the same qualifications and got dissent before the season even started, but on FM19 touch I have a City save with the reccomended badges and pissed the Championship (first game in the Prem is Man Utd away mind!)

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Make it harder and sign more English players!

Any good English player the clubs all want over £100m for, its ridiculously hard to sign good English players. Winks I signed after he went to Valencia for £30m or so, Foden eventually got transfer listed and signed for £32m, Rashford cost £27m after a season on loan but is only 3 star now. Jadon Sancho cost £37.5m after having played about 28 league games in 6 seasons at Dortmund. Did manage to pick up Mason Mount for free though who is a good back up. So got the board to jack up the youth budget (for some reason can't get category 1 despite what they say).  Got a couple of good prospects coming through, a striker who was championship standard at 16 for one.

24 minutes ago, hodge said:

Any good English player the clubs all want over £100m for, its ridiculously hard to sign good English players. Winks I signed after he went to Valencia for £30m or so, Foden eventually got transfer listed and signed for £32m, Rashford cost £27m after a season on loan but is only 3 star now. Jadon Sancho cost £37.5m after having played about 28 league games in 6 seasons at Dortmund. Did manage to pick up Mason Mount for free though who is a good back up. So got the board to jack up the youth budget (for some reason can't get category 1 despite what they say).  Got a couple of good prospects coming through, a striker who was championship standard at 16 for one.

I know it is hard why I said. Is a bit silly sometimes

Finished my first season as City. 15th. 

Mostly playing a 4-2-3-1 Wide Gegenpress, changed to a 5-3-2 during a bad spell after Christmas, which didn't work.

Fairly content with the squad only bringing in Brad Potts (Midfielder, Barnsley, £825k), Tyrias Browning (Defender, Everton, Loan) and Lewis Wing (Midfielder, Middlesbrough, Loan) in at the first window.

Average form in the first half of the season that saw City 14th after 23 games. Highlight being a good League Cup run, ending in a 4-3 defeat to Tottenham. Very few goals coming from strikers, but O'Dowda and Watkins getting plenty to cover the drought.

The mission of the January Window was to buy a decent, young striker who would score plenty and a target man to replace Diedhou who kept getting injured. Borys Tashchy (Striker, MSV Duisburg, £1.9m) and Alexander Sørloth (Striker, Palace, Loan) were brought in to solve the issue.

Browning's loan was made permanent for £625k, with Gedion Zelalem (Midfielder, Arsenal, £300k) and Álvaro Ratón (Goalkeeper, Zaragoza, £150k) also arriving at Ashton Gate. Hegeler left to go to Leeds for £1.1m after only coming on as a sub in 2 games. Wright also left to go to Sunderland (£2.3m).

The second half of the season started badly, not seeing a win until beating runaway champions Preston on the 2nd of March. An undefeated March saw an ok April/May to finish 15th. 

Top Goalscorers: O'Dowda (14), Watkins (9), Eliasson (7),  Diedhou (7),  Walsh (6).

Player of the Season: Walsh

Finally found a formation I can deal with.

1st season play 4-2-4. Brought in Gronli (£230k), Bitton (£2.6m), Pohjanpalo (£2.2m) and Ampadu (loan). Sold Baker to Burnley (£9.5m).

Fielding

Hunt - Webster - Kelly - Da Silva

Pack - Brownhill

Adelekun - Eliasson

Weimann - Fama

Finished top of the league by 1 point. Top scorer = Fammy 28 goals

2nd season, started 4-2-4, ended 4-4-2 after didn't win in first 12. Brought in Walqvist (£2.8m), Llorente (£3.7m - Madrid midfielder), Matheus (£2.4m), Stephens (£5.75m), Garbutt (£245k), and in January Holding (£7.5m). Sold no-one. Finished 10th, semi final of FA cup.

Matheus

Walqvist - Stephens - Holding - Kelly

Brownhill - Llorente - Gronli - Eliasson

Pohjanpalo - Fammy 

Top scorer = Fammy 16 goals

3rd season - just about to start, going to play the same formation. Currently brought in Derry Coyle (£3.5m regen from Leeds), Lincoln (£12.5m Brazilian Wonderkid), Pioni Sisto (£13m), Mamengi (£7.5m) and Gotze (£825k). Still need a right back.

UK just left the EU and the ruling put in place is clubs can have 17 foreign players in the squad as long as they earn more than £8k p/w.

Just started my second season with City. 

Finished 12th first season, coming into some form between November-March before going to pieces and dropping back to mid table. Brought in Nico Yennaris for 2 million, who flopped and went to Hull this summer window for 1 mill. Beregreen, a target man striker from Mainz was my other permanent signing who's been alright. also brought McTominay and Woodman In on loan. Mctominay was average but Woodman was class, renewed his loan for this season along with Da Silva. 

Started off playing 4-2-3-1 gengenpress but changed to 4-2-4 after Paterson became pretty useless (sold him to Leeds in this window). Liam Walsh and Eliasson were my star men but my lack of a goalscorer hindered me a lot, Fam ended up top scorer on 10...

This summer I loaned in Pereria from Man U and Woodman to compete for my goalkeeper spot as well as Issa Diop from West Ham, Da Silva from Chelsea and McTominay again from Man U. Also brought in Hector on a free from Atletico who's gone in as my first choice striker, Lucas Zima on a free as a back up keeper and Carlos Vigaray for 750k from alaves due to Eros leaving and me being short of right backs. 

Currently won my first 4 championship games without conceding and won away to WBA in the League Cup on penalties. My aim is top half and I expect that's where i'll end up

weirdest signing so far is Rovers getting Josh Onomah (spurs player) on loan for the season, he's currently 3.5 star current ability in the championship!

I finally won the premier league after a few years of European qualification mainly due to 2/3 if the big teams having poor seasons.

With a transfer budget of £300m due to selling fringe players for a lot and replacing them with youth, I spent £100m on a goalie, £95m on a striker and £50m on a right back. The striker is probably the best player stat wise I have seen on a championship/football manager game in 20 years of playing. I’ll try and get a screenshot of him.

ive noticed how important physical attributes are this year so have decked my team in giants. 3/4 defenders are 6’3”+ and 2 of my strikers are 6’5”. I score so many from corners and free kicks 

His stats are ok, not brilliant, still room for improvement at only 23 but he put in a 7.41 average last season hence the big club interest, webster was similar and got snapped up by Man city in the january window for another 30 odd million, he only appeared 4 times after his transfer to them but put in a very good 7.4 average. I replaced him with Ben Gibson who is doing well. Kellys replacement is Lucas Olaza, done well in pre-season.

kelly2.jpg

Got to 2029 just won prem, fa cup (third year on the bounce) and champions league. Club has finally agreed to build a new stadium after about 5 seasons of me asking and getting a 40,000 seater for next season. First time I've got the 'part of the furniture' achievement for 10 years at a club, by far the best save I've ever had.

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Got to 2029 just won prem, fa cup (third year on the bounce) and champions league. Club has finally agreed to build a new stadium after about 5 seasons of me asking and getting a 40,000 seater for next season. First time I've got the 'part of the furniture' achievement for 10 years at a club, by far the best save I've ever had.

Bloody hell. Any real players left on that team or is it all regens by now? 

I started an unemployed save on mobile.

Took the job at Braintree and immediately got O'Leary, Holden and Janneh in on loan.

My 3 friendlies were all won, with an aggregate of 9-1

7 games into the season, 2nd with 5 wins and 2 draws and just 5 conceded (both draws were 2-2, so 4 clean sheets for O'Leary). Holden and Janneh both scoring on their debuts.

If anyone is interested the Bristol City researcher role for FM is available - it’s a lot of hard work and quite time consuming, you don’t get paid but you do get a free copy of the game and name in the credits (which is a good talking point for a CV) - head over to the sigames forums if interested 

Archived