IGNORED

Hull City (H) - Wed - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

49 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm a big Irvine fan.

- 97% of his passes last season were forward. Average passing length was 15m so he's a metronome in the sense that he keeps play ticking over but actually looks to go forward and usually manages to find someone.

- He created 40 scoring chances in 35 appearances last season. A large number of these were from the bench

- Wins 45% of all duels (inc tackling, take ons and fouls)

- On average 0.9 dribbles per game. Might seem average but consider the role he plays for Hull

- 11 goals in 44 starts for Burton and 5 in 35 for Hull

- 6 foot 2 (according to soccerbase) so not short, always seems to do well in aerial duels))

- International experience with Australia

Personally I'd have him here in an instant. Very much an LJ type player too in my view.

Scored three goals this season as well, in a struggling side, the same as Pack and Brownhill have scored between them.

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

Personally, can't see us losing this one.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Scored three goals this season as well, in a struggling side, the same as Pack and Brownhill have scored between them.

3-0 to us then sounds about right - Shall I e-mail LJ and tell him our decision?

I absolutely hate games where we are expected to win for whatevever reason things never go according to plan.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Managed by Nigel Adkins, who’s got a tough job, and he’ll be hoping this away trip is a beautiful south!!

CM: Daniel Batty - ex-Leeds youngster, who I assumed must be David Batty’s son, but I can find no reference.  We will see on Wednesday if his game is similar.  You would expect him to be the holding MF.

Given he is an ex-Leeds youngster, I should have thought so as well, but, from an official Hull City site. 

'And yes, Daniel’s Dad is David, “but not that one”!'

Some are expecting a win, others are hoping for a win, but this one looks to me like a slightly disappointing draw.  Could be a reverse set of predicted results, where we would have been happy to draw at Brentford and win tonight, but somehow it goes the other way and leaves us a bit flat.

I can see a frustrating 1-1 draw.

Archived