IGNORED

Springhead / Kev Hardiman R.I.P - A minutes applause on 59th min tonight please.

Ska Junkie

Sad news. He was a good friend of my late cousin who would tell me good stories of him and springer on their away trips which sounded mental! Me and my son used to have a good chat with him when we used to see him in the dolman at half time. My heart goes out to the family and his son who I met a few times. RIP Kev

remember him from when I was a kiddie following city. Red Beard Man we used to call him, legend to me and my mates growing up. There was one time, in the open end, freezing cold game and for whatever reason, he started us lot who used to gather in the top corner singing the theme from Rainbow :D Didn't know him personally, but many, many snapshot memories of him. Best to his family and loved ones, a real character - one that's left his mark on complete strangers such as myself. 

Didn’t know Kev personally either, but again, recognise him from pictures. One of those familiar faces that if you saw him you nod in acknowledgment as having been around with you on many match days over the decades. 

Struth, in the last few years we seem to be losing far to many of the ‘family’ who we stood shoulder to shoulder with, home and away. 

Rest easy.

Condolesences to all family and friends. 

RIP Springer. First him on the old open end, giving it to the away fans. Me and my mates thought he was an absolute legend and were in awe of him. I was proud to later become a mate and share some brilliant times, but yet still be in awe of him. What an incredible bloke. Condolences to his family. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

RIP Springer. First him on the old open end, giving it to the away fans. Me and my mates thought he was an absolute legend and were in awe of him. I was proud to later become a mate and share some brilliant times, but yet still be in awe of him. What an incredible bloke. Condolences to his family. 

remember him well from the open end in the top corner by the away fans - as you say, as a kiddy was in absolute awe of him. True City. 

Archived