IGNORED

Springhead / Kev Hardiman R.I.P - A minutes applause on 59th min tonight please.

Ska Junkie

11 hours ago, Harry said:

RIP Springer. First him on the old open end, giving it to the away fans. Me and my mates thought he was an absolute legend and were in awe of him. I was proud to later become a mate and share some brilliant times, but yet still be in awe of him. What an incredible bloke. Condolences to his family. 

Nice words mate, sad news. RIP

Frank

Springhead used to be a member of the United Bikers Avon late 70’s if my fading memory serves me correctly,as mentioned he had that wild mop of corkscrew curls hence the nickname.

Remember  him well from all the usual biker pubs of the time along with the party’s at Radnor Road with Smurf,Monster,Bigfoot and others who’s names escape me. Yet another taken far too soon ,enjoy the Red sky.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

Springhead used to be a member of the United Bikers Avon late 70’s if my fading memory serves me correctly,as mentioned he had that wild mop of corkscrew curls hence the nickname.

Remember  him well from all the usual biker pubs of the time along with the party’s at Radnor Road with Smurf,Monster,Bigfoot and others who’s names escape me. Yet another taken far too soon ,enjoy the Red sky.

Your memory is correct, there was quite a lively biker scene in Bristol back then, some fantastic memories of those times, I believe Smurf has also ridden off into the big party in the Sky.

I may be totally wrong here but I sort of remember after a game at Plymouth on  a good friday that loads of City went back to Torquay after and someone "borrowed" a boat at Torquay harbour and it sunk !!! and I think it may have been the "biker" as we called him who captained that vessel, could be wrong though, either way I remember seeing him a lot at away games back in the day. Another City legend gone.  

37 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I may be totally wrong here but I sort of remember after a game at Plymouth on  a good friday that loads of City went back to Torquay after and someone "borrowed" a boat at Torquay harbour and it sunk !!! and I think it may have been the "biker" as we called him who captained that vessel, could be wrong though, either way I remember seeing him a lot at away games back in the day. Another City legend gone.  

I thought it was little Ronnie who nicked the boat, you’re right we did go to Torquay after the Plymouth game, went in the Yacht & Gibbon bar on the harbour

Archived