IGNORED

Mangotsfield football ground,changing rooms burnt down

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s Mangotsfield Juniors on Blackhorse Road, opposite Blackhorse Junior School, not the senior team at Cossham St.

If they're absolutely desperate and they don't mind mould and spiders, they can always lower themselves and use the portacabin over at the Mem for a few quid.

If you look closely around the South Stand on a Saturday afternoon you will see that like me, a number of our fellow Reds are Mango Juniors Coaches.

The pavilion at Blackhorse is used for home matches by a number of Mangotsfield United Juniors teams between 7 and 16 years old, including my sons team.

As a coach of 10 years I was saddened to see it go up in smoke last night. It’s not only the fire damage it’s the smoke and water damage to kits and equipment inside the building.

We have already started collecting to try and get the damage repaired. I’m told that part of the building needs making safe before the repairs can start. 

If anyone can spare a few £ we would really appreciate the help. Please share the just giving page.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/blackhorsecommunitysports

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Tossers. Oh its only the blah blah blah team...It will cost thousands above insurance.!

I think we are looking potentially being thousands out of pocket. Bottom line is that that money would have put a ball in front of a four year old child, trained a coach, later provided kits, pitches, goal posts, Refs, Tropies.

I’m guessing thousands of kids have passed through our club helped on by an army of Volunteers. It’s sad that one person thinks it’s okay to disrespect that.

One thing that come out of this that puts a smile on my face is that I’ve been contacted by a small club quite some distance away. Just one squad of u10 and they are going to pass the hat around at training. Really nice gesture.

4 hours ago, Flounder said:

I think we are looking potentially being thousands out of pocket. Bottom line is that that money would have put a ball in front of a four year old child, trained a coach, later provided kits, pitches, goal posts, Refs, Tropies.

I’m guessing thousands of kids have passed through our club helped on by an army of Volunteers. It’s sad that one person thinks it’s okay to disrespect that.

One thing that come out of this that puts a smile on my face is that I’ve been contacted by a small club quite some distance away. Just one squad of u10 and they are going to pass the hat around at training. Really nice gesture.

Good luck to the club. There is a lot of goodwill about, so hopefully money can be raised

Archived