IGNORED

Parson Street rail station keep buying those train tickets

Never to the dark side

Parson street TICKET SALES have gone from

87,000 in 2012/13 to

145,000 in 2016/17

I know 2008 was the start of the downturn in the economy

Just wish I could find the passengers numbers from 2004 to 2012.

If you use the train from the Bristol area,ask the ticket office staff to issue the ticket FROM parson street

Just tell the booking office staff,you will be returning  back via Parson Street

and it's the same price,and push,s up the footfall at the station

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

The extra footfall from 2004/5 to now is incredible, from 7,000 users to 145,000, is there any obvious reason for this?

Perhaps more people travelling with dogs. Or perhaps NTTDS’s campaign started in 2005. Agree incredible rise, unless timetables have changed significantly in the period. 

• Admin
53 minutes ago, eardun said:

Perhaps more people travelling with dogs. Or perhaps NTTDS’s campaign started in 2005. Agree incredible rise, unless timetables have changed significantly in the period. 

As a regular commuter on these trains the service is much busier nowdays than before. There are many more services that stop here than 10 years ago

Match days won't really make any difference to these stats as there are only 2 trains from each direction before the game that stop at Parson Street.

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

As a regular commuter on these trains the service is much busier nowdays than before. There are many more services that stop here than 10 years ago

Match days won't really make any difference to these stats as there are only 2 trains from each direction before the game that stop at Parson Street.

How busy are the trains on matchdays?

• Admin
2 hours ago, harrys said:

How busy are the trains on matchdays?

36 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Can be chaos on the way home ,maybe chaos is a bit harsh , but very busy for the first couple of stops but normally a good atmosphere 

It's only a problem now when trains are short formed, gone are the days when one or two carriage trains roll in. 

The only time of year it gets really busy is when the bath Christmas Market is on 

That's if people actually buy tickets as most passengers who get on at Worle and off at Parson Street know the trains are so packed that they can't check tickets so don't bother buying one,it's the railways own fault as if they put more carriages on then they would be able to check tickets. It happens all over the country as I know for a fact that no one gets a ticket to and from Portsmouth and Fratton on match days, the railways must be losing  millions in lost fairs during the football season.?  

• Admin
3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I don’t understand why doesn’t stop on a Saturday. I’d certainly use it. Much easier to get of at PS from Taunton.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Which service from Taunton does not stop at Parson Street

Correct @Taunton_BCFC / @Never to the dark side NO service from Taunton stops at Parson Street anymore

@Taunton_BCFC I know people that come up from your way they get the 1104 from Taunton and get off at Weston (arrives 1134)

They have a pint in the pub on the station then we all get the 1210 from Weston that gets to Parson Street at 1235

If that is too early, you can get the 1207 from Taunton arriving 1238 into Weston, then 1310 from Weston arriving 1335 into Parson Street)

Coming back, it's the reverse of this route

1730 from Parson Street arrive Weston 1803, then depart Weston 1822 arrive Taunton 1856, or stay for a pint after the game and get the

1830 from Parson Street arrive Weston 1900, depart Weston 1922 arrive Taunton 1957

The reason I've detailed it this way you can get groupsave tickets (as long as at least 3 of you travelling) on GWR trains, but can't on the Crosscountry services that go direct from Taunton to Temple Meads. 

PM me if you want anymore info

11 hours ago, foghornred said:

That's if people actually buy tickets as most passengers who get on at Worle and off at Parson Street know the trains are so packed that they can't check tickets so don't bother buying one,it's the railways own fault as if they put more carriages on then they would be able to check tickets. It happens all over the country as I know for a fact that no one gets a ticket to and from Portsmouth and Fratton on match days, the railways must be losing  millions in lost fairs during the football season.?  

Don't tell em pike........

21 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I wonder if ticket SALES could get up to 200,000?

Well Rod Stewart and the Spice girls are due next summer.

That could put another 30,000 on top of the figures

FAO Taunton_BCFC

Which service from Taunton does not stop at Parson Street

Do Take That fans not use trains?

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Correct @Taunton_BCFC / @Never to the dark side NO service from Taunton stops at Parson Street anymore

@Taunton_BCFC I know people that come up from your way they get the 1104 from Taunton and get off at Weston (arrives 1134)

They have a pint in the pub on the station then we all get the 1210 from Weston that gets to Parson Street at 1235

If that is too early, you can get the 1207 from Taunton arriving 1238 into Weston, then 1310 from Weston arriving 1335 into Parson Street)

Coming back, it's the reverse of this route

1730 from Parson Street arrive Weston 1803, then depart Weston 1822 arrive Taunton 1856, or stay for a pint after the game and get the

1830 from Parson Street arrive Weston 1900, depart Weston 1922 arrive Taunton 1957

The reason I've detailed it this way you can get groupsave tickets (as long as at least 3 of you travelling) on GWR trains, but can't on the Crosscountry services that go direct from Taunton to Temple Meads. 

PM me if you want anymore info

That’s not a bad idea. Like the sound of a pint at Weston station haha

Archived