IGNORED

How do I get to AG?

Unan

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

For the first time ever I have to get the bus to a game, I'm from north of the river so don't know the bus routes. What's the best bus to get from the centre to AG? or should I just walk it?

This time of afternoon . I would take a lovely walk . Stop in the Avon packet and have a couple of ciders 

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Most country buses from Centre to Weston, Clevedon and Portishead stop at Ashton Gate. Not totally sure about X1 to Weston.

Only get the X1 Weston bus as the X2 goes via LA bypass. Not sure where North of the river you live but the 53 goes from Southmead Hosp via Lockleaze, ****ville, Broadmead, the Centre at the docks end, then North St and Duckmoor Rd to Ashton Vale.

23 minutes ago, Unan said:

For the first time ever I have to get the bus to a game, I'm from north of the river so don't know the bus routes. What's the best bus to get from the centre to AG? or should I just walk it?

If you can be more specific about where you are setting off from, that might help.

6 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Only get the X1 Weston bus as the X2 goes via LA bypass. Not sure where North of the river you live but the 53 goes from Southmead Hosp via Lockleaze, ****ville, Broadmead, the Centre at the docks end, then North St and Duckmoor Rd to Ashton Vale.

Wrong wrong wrong meant the 24 not 53. What a Burke.

From Warmley, catch the bus to the Centre and then walk the rest unless a 24 is around. Definitely walk back to Centre on the return leg. 24s get rammed and are unreliable. Country bus service from the flyover back into town can have big gaps. I've always found walking between Centre and Ashton Gate the most reliable.

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Burke. Haven’t heard that for a while. You know it’s rhyming slang for a naughty word, yeah?

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

been through the alphabet, go on give me a clue.

a very unfortunate surname for those living in the United Kingdom.

Not to be confused with berk which is the cockney slang for see you next tuesday (Short for Berkeley Hunt)

2 hours ago, Unan said:

Reminds me of a time in Norfolk when I stopped to ask a bloke directions , he said, 

" You don't wanna start from here ".

Archived