IGNORED

In which minute will LJ take Pato off for being crap tonight?

where's the joy

Can the deluded who keep harping on about Patterson 'having something in there somewhere' shut up and move on. It's long past last chance saloon. Fact is he's an utter waste of space. He offers less than the alcohol content of a tin of Shandy Bass. His attitude sucks and he deserves nothing less than to be shown the exit - pronto.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

He played well tonight, I feel he is not quite getting the breaks some of his touches deserve compared to his purple patch last season. But he was busy and did some good things.

One of the few that actually looks for space and gets into it. Much like Brentford I thought he was ok but lacking that final touch right now. Was not bad enough to warrant this post. Don’t think he should still be starting mind but not awful

I understand the negativity surrounding Pato at the moment. I said after the Wigan game he'd struggle to get a start for a while...but here we are and he's started another game.

However, whilst he was average tonight, he was a lot better than he's been in previous weeks. Carried the ball better going forward when played centrally and worked himself a good chance in the first half shooting narrowly wide with his left foot.

I still don't think he warrants a starting place, but based on tonight he doesn't deserves his own thread where everyone puts the boot in!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Dreadful first half until he was moved central. Was absolute class in spells 2nd half. I said start of season that I see him doing well in a midfield 3. He played that role so much better than on the left of a 4.

My problem with Patterson is he never puts himself in a position to attempt making a tackle.

No doubting the lad has ability, but boy is he a bottler.

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

My problem with Patterson is he never puts himself in a position to attempt making a tackle.

No doubting the lad has ability, but boy is he a bottler.

I have never seen him win a tackle in 2 + seasons.  Also, he has an unerring ability to go down blind alleys and slow down attacks.  On the positive, he is good getting on the ball but his end result is poor. 

In contrast, Eliasson makes things happen but is poor at making himself available. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Don't you think he looked good second half? He stopped giving the ball away and was the main man making things happen I thought. 

Honestly JD no . He was better second half no doubt. But still along way of his own standards he set . Wouldn’t be in my starting line up

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I thought he was  piss poor. No where near the player he was . Before he signed his contract. IMO

Or before he had a virus that caused him to lose nearly a stone in weight? It's difficult to know how much that has affected him long term.

25 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I have never seen him win a tackle in 2 + seasons.  Also, he has an unerring ability to go down blind alleys and slow down attacks.  On the positive, he is good getting on the ball but his end result is poor. 

In contrast, Eliasson makes things happen but is poor at making himself available. 

Of all the sweeping statements that infuriate me on this forum, that has to be one the most crass. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Or before he had a virus that caused him to lose nearly a stone in weight? It's difficult to know how much that has affected him long term.

Of all the sweeping statements that infuriate me on this forum, that has to be one the most crass. 

Fair enough. But if he isn’t fit or recovered. He shouldn’t be anywhere the first team. Agree it takes time to rediscover form . But at this present time he should not be in the side. IMO . That’s all 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fair enough. But if he isn’t fit or recovered. He shouldn’t be anywhere the first team. Agree it takes time to rediscover form . But at this present time he should not be in the side. IMO . That’s all 

He isn't going to rediscover his form sat on the bench, There are signs from the last 3 games that he is starting to come back to some form. I am sure Johnson will look to change things up again on Saturday though, because he seems almost obsessed with having players fresh above all.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Can the deluded who keep harping on about Patterson 'having something in there somewhere' shut up and move on. It's long past last chance saloon. Fact is he's an utter waste of space. He offers less than the alcohol content of a tin of Shandy Bass. His attitude sucks and he deserves nothing less than to be shown the exit - pronto.

This is complete nonsense - he is not a bad player, his link up play is still worthy of a place in the team, the turn and shot in the first half (alright not superbly hit) was created by his movement.

He offers guile - and options.

There was nothing wrong with his attitude tonight he put the yards in and closed down.

Why not channel all this negativity at the opposition

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He isn't going to rediscover his form sat on the bench, There are signs from the last 3 games that he is starting to come back to some form. I am sure Johnson will look to change things up again on Saturday though, because he seems almost obsessed with having players fresh above all.

Fair enough. That’s what it’s all about. Opinions . Up the city 

Archived