IGNORED

Bemused

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Didn’t we win?

Pasting what I wrote on another thread. 

All joking apart, I’d rather be critical of a sloppy 1-0 win over Hull and demand improvement, rather than just criticise when have the same performance and get whacked 3-0. It’s called being fair, I also praised the team after West Brom because it was a good performance. Balance.

Tonight We didn't play anywhere as badly as I have heard people say.

However, if we are looking for concerns...We are too intricate at times. Yes teams like to play that way at the moment but as Colin said all the young guys want to play pita pata football. The ball gets constantly turned over by both teams at this level and that can get frustrating.

We don't really look like scoring...We are lacking a threat in front of goal, however LJ himself said the forwards have yet to fire...and we are up there despite that. Weimann needs one and Taylor deserves ten.

LJ has taken six points from two games in four days, so has earned the right to rotate a bit and give Kelly a much needed rest.

Roll on Saturday, there will be changes, but I wouldn't fancy playing us right now as we appear to have had a little change in luck!

I would describe us as industrial in midfield without flair. Pack and Brownhill so similar.  Been said many times before we are desperate for that ‘Hartley’ from yesterday type player, but I guess every team in the land would want one. 

Seem to lack that cutting edge and feeding our forwards. We huffed and puffed and perhaps just about deserved it. If I was. Hull fan would be a tad miffed? 

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Why the constant moaning. We didn't play well but won. Roll on Saturday and if it's another poor game finishing 1-0 to us I'll not be moaning.

We've had plenty of times when we've looked good and lost. I prefer it this way round.

Of course we won . Brilliant every day of the week. Just my opinion. Paterson has been very poor in his last few games, Shouldn’t be in the side . MT IMO has been our most affective attacking player. It’s not a moan just a. Observation 

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Tonight We didn't play anywhere as badly as I have heard people say.

However, if we are looking for concerns...We are too intricate at times. Yes teams like to play that way at the moment but as Colin said all the young guys want to play pita pata football. The ball gets constantly turned over by both teams at this level and that can get frustrating.

We don't really look like scoring...We are lacking a threat in front of goal, however LJ himself said the forwards have yet to fire...and we are up there despite that. Weimann needs one and Taylor deserves ten.

LJ has taken six points from two games in four days, so has earned the right to rotate a bit and give Kelly a much needed rest.

Roll on Saturday, there will be changes, but I wouldn't fancy playing us right now as we appear to have had a little change in luck!

First half we were ok and moved the ball well and to be fair Hull gave it a go and should have scored a couple but for Max and some last ditch tackles and poor finishing. Could have been 3-3 at HT

Second half Hull tried to kill the game and slow it right down to stop any momentum which they did for 30 min but we kept going and the introduction of the subs and in particular MT created the opportunity for the winner

would take an average performance and 3 points every time and yes, Lady Luck is looking down on us at the moment

Kelly will be at LB on Saturday and reckon Watkins May start as likely it will be a physical game versus Stoke 

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

I know Paterson is this season's whipping boy but tonight I thought he look like he could be coming back into form and had some nice touches.

He did. A little confidence builder. Clearly LJ likes him, hopefully that will pay some dividends as the season really gets going

8 minutes ago, Big C said:

I know Paterson is this season's whipping boy but tonight I thought he look like he could be coming back into form and had some nice touches.

Yes. Plus a midfielder that actually gets into space and travels forward with the ball!

better than our two ‘Joe Burnell’s’ ( Brownhill/pack) who are only capable of LJ-style sideways/backwards!

21 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Been said many times before we are desperate for that ‘Hartley’ from yesterday type player,

We won F'all with Hartley.

The passing today in the first half at times was fast and incisive with just a few mis controls spoiling what would have been worthy "Arsenal type" goals.

I can't believe people are moaning - we beat a well organised team, yes we were a bit open but we are at least creating chances and hoofing it less.

20 minutes ago, INCRED said:

First half we were ok and moved the ball well and to be fair Hull gave it a go and should have scored a couple but for Max and some last ditch tackles and poor finishing. Could have been 3-3 at HT

Second half Hull tried to kill the game and slow it right down to stop any momentum which they did for 30 min but we kept going and the introduction of the subs and in particular MT created the opportunity for the winner

would take an average performance and 3 points every time and yes, Lady Luck is looking down on us at the moment

Kelly will be at LB on Saturday and reckon Watkins May start as likely it will be a physical game versus Stoke 

I don't see that back four changing for Saturday and i don't think it should. Jay Dasilva shouldn't be too tired to go again, and giving Kelly a break isn't a bad idea either.

I've moaned about the bad spell (Wigan,  Rotherham games etc) but things do look like they are going in the right direction again.

Not perfect, but

Well done, Boys. Well done LJ tonight

Reality is, LJ appears to have learnt from the endless weeks of defeat and now has a less entertaining option up his sleeve that makes us more difficult to beat. 

I'm sure as confidence grows and we aren't 2 or 3 defeats away from being in the danger zone, our play will be more expansive and engaging to watch.

As a spectacle this evening, it was dogs eggs. Wouldn't swap it for a rip roarer of a game that saw us leave with nothing.

Thought Andi Weimann looked a bit out of sorts tonight and Diedhiou didn't really look interested until he had scored.  Both of our fullbacks were skinned more than once.

The 2 central defenders looked pretty solid and covered each other well.

Middield didn't seem to have many ideas going forward, though the introduction of O'Dowda helped.

Felt really sorry for Eliason, he made lots of runs, lost his marker and was in great positions a dozen times, yet nobody wanted to pass the ball to him.

Max O'Leary had another decent game save for one error, which he got away with and made one particularly good save early on.  He has done enough to keep his place I feel.

We need someone alongside Pack covering Smith's role, but Brownhill does't suit that role - Walsh might be a bettwr fit?

Happy with 3 points, but not a convincing performance against a poor Hull side. I think Stoke might provide sterner opposition on Saturday particularly physically.

17 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Nickolas backward, sideways?? Wake up mate go to games and see the forelward runs if Eliasson, Patterson, CoD, Weimann, Diedhou. These also play for our fantastic manager too. 

Didnt mention them!! Pack and Brownhill are backwards/sideways!!

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Utter drivel 

Sorry, Lee. 

41 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Thought Andi Weimann looked a bit out of sorts tonight and Diedhiou didn't really look interested until he had scored.  Both of our fullbacks were skinned more than once.

The 2 central defenders looked pretty solid and covered each other well.

Middield didn't seem to have many ideas going forward, though the introduction of O'Dowda helped.

Felt really sorry for Eliason, he made lots of runs, lost his marker and was in great positions a dozen times, yet nobody wanted to pass the ball to him.

Max O'Leary had another decent game save for one error, which he got away with and made one particularly good save early on.  He has done enough to keep his place I feel.

We need someone alongside Pack covering Smith's role, but Brownhill does't suit that role - Walsh might be a bettwr fit?

Happy with 3 points, but not a convincing performance against a poor Hull side. I think Stoke might provide sterner opposition on Saturday particularly physically.

If anyone of Pack or Brownhill should be dropped it is Pack. Brownhill covers so much ground it is like having an extra man. He makes the 2 work.

The man will sprint 40 yards to track a late run from a winger or forward then win the ball back, pass it to a mate, sprint into space to receive ball again and get us up the pitch. Brownhill is class and is only 22. 

No, we drop Brownhill and I reckon our performances get worse. We don’t have loads of premier league quality or potential but Brownhill is one of the few

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

If anyone of Pack or Brownhill should be dropped it is Pack. Brownhill covers so much ground it is like having an extra man. He makes the 2 work.

The man will sprint 40 yards to track a late run from a winger or forward then win the ball back, pass it to a mate, sprint into space to receive ball again and get us up the pitch. Brownhill is class and is only 22. 

No, we drop Brownhill and I reckon our performances get worse. We don’t have loads of premier league quality or potential but Brownhill is one of the few

And there’s me thinking Brownhill has a poor touch, lacks intelligence, makes poor decisions and loses possession incredibly easily. But he does run around a lot, I’ll give you that. 

56 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I don't see that back four changing for Saturday and i don't think it should. Jay Dasilva shouldn't be too tired to go again, and giving Kelly a break isn't a bad idea either.

I've moaned about the bad spell (Wigan,  Rotherham games etc) but things do look like they are going in the right direction again.

Not perfect, but

Well done, Boys. Well done LJ tonight

Would be suicidal not playing LK given the forward talent Stoke have.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not saying we should drop Josh, just that I prefer him playing on the right.  Pack has not been his best, but I think his performances are affected by Korey being missing and wonder if Walshy might be a better replacement than Josh.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

And there’s me thinking Brownhill has a poor touch, lacks intelligence, makes poor decisions and loses possession incredibly easily. But he does run around a lot, I’ll give you that. 

You are on one tonight mate huh? Part of the Pack fan club? Brownhill was near enough man of the match if Webster hadn’t been playing. If you think that I question what you watch

As for Paterson. 

I’ve watched him very closely the last few games and I think he’s regaining confidence. He’s actually a more intelligent player than most of ours, and he’s often trying something bright but alas it’s not quite coming off. 

I can see why people are frustrated by him, but I’ve given it a very close eye and he’s very nearly pulling things off, but not quite. 

He’s far more comfortable behind the striker than he is out wide. And LJ switched him there after 29 minutes tonight and he started having an more significant role in the game. 

Hes certainly got more of a football brain than O’Dowda, Watkins, Brownhill, Famara, and I can see what he is trying to do, but it’s not quite working for him. 

He’s not a ‘runner’ though, so if his intelligence isn’t working then his lack of effort gets magnified - hence I can understand the flack he gets. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You are on one tonight mate huh? Part of the Pack fan club? Brownhill was near enough man of the match if Webster hadn’t been playing. If you think that I question what you watch

Disagree on that mate. Best players on the pitch, in order were Webster, Eliasson, Taylor, Pack, Pato, O’Leary, JDS, Kalas, Hunt and then Brownhill. All waaaay ahead of Famara & Weimann. 

Bronwhill had a couple of decent moments, don’t get me wrong, but he was nowhere near MOM after Webster. As said, poor touch, lacks intelligence and makes poor decision and gives it away too easily too often. 

1 hour ago, Big C said:

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

He did. A little confidence builder. Clearly LJ likes him, hopefully that will pay some dividends as the season really gets going

Agree.  Helped by moving into a more central role.

Archived