IGNORED

Webster

Dastardly and Muttley

Deserves his own thread tonight. 

Watched on the red button tonight, as an exile in Maidenhead. Webster was head and shoulders above everything on the pitch, won every battle and had some brilliantly timed tackles and interceptions as well. Quality young player who is only going to get better. With him, Max, Lloyd and Zak we have a quality set of young defenders (and keeper) coming through.

Definitely worth all the praise he's getting in this thread. In a game full of mediocre performances he really stood out. Reads the game really well, hence why he seemed to be in the right place at the right time all night.

I'm very confident in our centre backs at the moment. Especially with Kelly to slot in if needed.

5th best defence in the league currently too 

I havent seen tonight's game yet - wife decided to book tickets to see Bohemian Rhapsody at the last minute - she forgot about the match!! Being in Essex it was only going to be red button for me anyway.

What I have seen of Webster, and going by what others have said in reports, he seems a very good defender, with the potential to get better. The reason we were able to get him, and get him for what we paid, was because of his injury record. If he can stay injury free, then I think we have a bargain on our hands. He can read the game, bring the ball out, and looks fairly solid - so far.

Sounds like another solid performance from him tonight. Look forward to watching the game later.

My 8 year old lad has number 4 Webster printed on his city shirt. Someone said to me earlier "blimey mate he must be the only person in the ground with Webster on his shirt!!" am thinking quite a few more no 4 Webster shirts will be printed if he keeps this up!! Looked quality tonight.

Glad this thread has appeared. Head and shoulders above everything on the pitch tonight. A calm, composed, intelligent display. 

He’s been solid for most of the season and is really getting better and better. Our defence is much more solid with him in it than Flint ( since some are comparing). 

34 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

When he first came I didn't think he was that quick, but tonight he looked pacy.

Loved the way he is starting to bring it out of defence as well as his cross field passes (just not too often please - Pack fell into this trap).

Thing is Pack is an overrated passer. Good at shorter passing on the ground. His long passing is atrocious and gets way too much air under it. Webster’s long passes are more driven and thus more successful. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thing is Pack is an overrated passer. Good at shorter passing on the ground. His long passing is atrocious and gets way too much air under it. Webster’s long passes are more driven and thus more successful. 

Sorry. That’s nonsense. But I’ve promised myself not to get into another ‘Pack can’t pass’ argument so I’ll move on. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sorry. That’s nonsense. But I’ve promised myself not to get into another ‘Pack can’t pass’ argument so I’ll move on. 

Pack can pass. It is just that he is an overrated long passer. His switches of play are horrid at times. Reckon it comes off about 3-4 out of 10. His vision, his short to medium passing outstanding at times. So yea you can quote me as saying he can’t pass but let us just set the record straight

26 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pack can pass. It is just that he is an overrated long passer. His switches of play are horrid at times. Reckon it comes off about 3-4 out of 10. His vision, his short to medium passing outstanding at times. So yea you can quote me as saying he can’t pass but let us just set the record straight

Did you not know Joe that we’re not allowed to criticise Pack? (Shhh, some of his passing tonight was shocking)

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The best CB performance I’ve seen by a City CB since my return to watching in 13/14.  Only saw Caulker on telly, so he is the most recent comparable performance.

Absolute class tonight.

Depends what you're looking for in a CB I suppose. 

Aden Flint v Swindon in that 3-0 game in the title winning season puts everything in the shade since Louis Carey at Forest. 

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Depends what you're looking for in a CB I suppose. 

Aden Flint v Swindon in that 3-0 game in the title winning season puts everything in the shade since Louis Carey at Forest. 

I’ve never seen Flint play as well as Webster did tonight, but different types of CB, even though imho Webster is even starting to win all his headers too.  The closest Flint performance for me was away v Brighton where we won 1-0....but that was a ‘block it, head it, get something in the way of it” type performance.  I don’t remember anything spectacular from Flint v Swindon, but memorable for the interview afterwards.  Opinions though.

Didnt see Carey v Forest.

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The best CB performance I’ve seen by a City CB since my return to watching in 13/14.  Only saw Caulker on telly, so he is the most recent comparable performance.

Absolute class tonight.

Did you not watch Flint vs Brighton when we beat them 1-0 at The AMEX?

Few overreactions in this thread I think. Webster’s growing on me after what I thought was a slow start but we’ll see how he develops.

Archived