IGNORED

Matty Taylor (is a red)

Fordy62

I’ve always rated Taylor ever since his performances were a big factor in our staying up the season before last. His movement, work rate and all round positive attitude is important for us. He also made the winner v Man U - I watched the goals again the other day (as you do) and his pass to Korey was sublime. So I can see the Sheringham analogy. 

Once again a topic descends into bashing Jamie Paterson. The guy played well the last two games, yes he was dreadful before that but the agenda a lot of people have on this site, towards our own player is embarrassing.

Matty Taylor is a good player and no doubt he will go through a bad spell eventually and I hope everyone will stick up for him then but I doubt it.

9 hours ago, Seventeen said:

I remember a thread prior to when he joined you lot and I said that despite his goal record for us at the time he wasn't a natural goal scorer, and that it was everything else he did that was so good about him.

His all round game is superb and a lot of his work goes unnoticed especially to the short sighted lot who only judge him on his goal scoring record, which isn’t the best admittedly but the chances and space he creates for others is superb. Up their with our best performers so far this season, should be starting.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, you are right. I wouldn’t call myself a serial basher, but I was critical of his first 12 months here. 

I saw the light. Actually he’s improved during his time here  

Praise the lord!!!!! ?

Praise the lord!!!!! - Hallelujah, just love it when people make up on here.

Well done boys - COYR's. 

40 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

His all round game is superb and a lot of his work goes unnoticed especially to the short sighted lot who only judge him on his goal scoring record, which isn’t the best admittedly but the chances and space he creates for others is superb. Up their with our best performers so far this season, should be starting.

Yep, don't get me wrong having Taylor score 20+ for us pretty easily was nice but even if his record was as bad as Tom Nichols he would have been one of my first picks on the team sheet.

Because he's a forward though he could play superb but because he'll miss plenty of chances it's all forgotten about and his performance will be overlooked. Probably a lot easier for you lot because even though he missed chance after chance and sitter after sitter he still had a fantastic record for us.

48 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Yep, don't get me wrong having Taylor score 20+ for us pretty easily was nice but even if his record was as bad as Tom Nichols he would have been one of my first picks on the team sheet.

Because he's a forward though he could play superb but because he'll miss plenty of chances it's all forgotten about and his performance will be overlooked. Probably a lot easier for you lot because even though he missed chance after chance and sitter after sitter he still had a fantastic record for us.

Absolutely not. He took a lot of winning over here. The reason he has won over has nothing to do with BRFC or his record - you know what this weekend is, but a large number of our crowd do not know of the real rivalry... it’s not like signing Earnshaw from Cardiff! 

He has won fans over because of his work rate, because he puts as much into games as Reid our £10m striker did without hitting the back of the net, because he plays like he has an actual appreciation of playing rather than a big-headed footballer, because he is absolutely vile to the opposition getting in their face even when he doesn’t have the ball and because we can all see the talent he does have which for £300k was laughable. 

He is not a striker here and it would be a fallacy to think so. 

Personally, I see him for us a bit like Dirk Kuyt for liverpooooool. He’s clearly much less prolific on an extrapolation (given 200+ games, not sure he would be so much less), but he just as Kuyt did, plays in such an unselfish manner it doesnt matter how many he scores so long as he’s contributing to the team scoring. 

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Absolutely not. He took a lot of winning over here. The reason he has won over has nothing to do with BRFC or his record - you know what this weekend is, but a large number of our crowd do not know of the real rivalry... it’s not like signing Earnshaw from Cardiff! 

He has won fans over because of his work rate, because he puts as much into games as Reid our £10m striker did without hitting the back of the net, because he plays like he has an actual appreciation of playing rather than a big-headed footballer, because he is absolutely vile to the opposition getting in their face even when he doesn’t have the ball and because we can all see the talent he does have which for £300k was laughable. 

He is not a striker here and it would be a fallacy to think so. 

Personally, I see him for us a bit like Dirk Kuyt for liverpooooool. He’s clearly much less prolific on an extrapolation (given 200+ games, not sure he would be so much less), but he just as Kuyt did, plays in such an unselfish manner it doesnt matter how many he scores so long as he’s contributing to the team scoring. 

I like the Kuyt comparison ?

I think the other reason why he’s won over people like me is because he’s actually improved his all-round game.  Coaching staff deserve some credit too.

12 hours ago, Seventeen said:

You need to change your user name to Eighteen on Sunday mind....

Been saying this for ages.

Matty is an absolute pain in the backside for oppo defenders. Mark him and our strikers get more space, ignore him and he will run rings around them.

A workhorse who always puts a shift in. You only have to look at his assists to see that. He'd rather give the ball to the player with a better chance than have a go himself. That's sportsmanship and teamwork.

Would have liked to have seen him with Djuric more but if we get another lanky striker one day, I could see it being a good partnership.

One of the first names for me too. 

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:14, Davefevs said:

I know I make a lot of posts, but I didn’t realise it was mandatory to post on every post?  Sorry to disappoint you. ?

If you’re so worried about my view you could check whether I reacted to posts on this thread. You’ll see I liked some, so felt no need to duplicate what others have written. 

You might want to read all my posts since pre-season where I’ve been pretty complimentary. You may also see that I would have wanted him to start last night. 

You might want to see my ratings posts too:

I never / rarely hold a fixed view on any of our players. Their form and ability changes over time.  I reflect my views on their performances. Even last season during our poor run I actually thought Taylor’s absence was a factor, not being able to come onto and be a pest for the final 25 minutes (if not starting). We missed that. 

Perhaps you need to update your opinion of my opinion of MT?

Just noticed your posts to likes ratio...     Wow impressive!   :worship2:  Quality OTIBer , who obviously talks sense.

( :fastasleep: wish I didn't talk so much shite sometimes)  

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Just noticed your posts to likes ratio...     Wow impressive!   :worship2:  Quality OTIBer , who obviously talks sense.

( :fastasleep: wish I didn't talk so much shite sometimes)  

If only I had better puns!!! (Eh, @Major Isewater?)

Ta ?

There are some very, very good posters on here, who talk tonnes more sense than me.  There are a few on here who I wish would post more....they are definitely quality over quantity.

There are some on here who I don’t always agree with, but their posts are well thought through, and challenge your own thoughts.

I think this season in particular the debate has been excellent.

19 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

His all round game is far from superb  (I think I should start all my posts with 'I'm not a fan') , and I don't judge him purely on goals. I agree with @Davefevs in as much as he has improved, and he is a worry for defenders but he needs to show a lot more like his cameo Wed's to win me around. Vs Hull he actually showed intent and almost single mindedness to get shots away, previously he has tried to play on the shoulder and he just doesn't have the pace and his first touch has been average. Maybe he has adapted to this division, hope so, as a team player he is important though, willing and energetic. I think that Weimann was supposed to be an upgrade, and for a few games it did look like it, but with his goals drying up and Fam still looking rusty Taylor deserves a run after Hull. Still think we could do with some real pace though , and  looking forward to seeing Eisa. 

18 hours ago, Seventeen said:

43 in 73 is outstanding regardless of the League they were scored in, but that said the Championship is a lot harder. I think this year will be big for him, one way or another. He has to add goals to his game, as he is a striker , but 2 goals and 2 assists in 13 games/ 8 starts  isn't too bad. 

Archived