IGNORED

Player ratings

Super

1 hour ago, swanker said:

O’Dowda a 6? So in your opinion he played better than half the team? 

Yeah right!

Swanker - yeah right, he actually did!!

COD moves our play 20/30 yards forward in seconds. Both he and Taylor changed the game IMO. Webster was total class and head and shoulders MOTM for me. To be fair, Pato got better as the game went on. Brownhill was blowing hot and cold and looks a little tired - I love his work rate though.  LJ seems totally reliant upon the Pack/Brownhill centre combo. I am not having a pop at either of them, but at times I think opposition are getting a little wise to how they play

2 minutes ago, June Bailey said:

COD moves our play 20/30 yards forward in seconds. Both he and Taylor changed the game IMO. Webster was total class and head and shoulders MOTM for me. To be fair, Pato got better as the game went on. Brownhill was blowing hot and cold and looks a little tired - I love his work rate though.  LJ seems totally reliant upon the Pack/Brownhill centre combo. I am not having a pop at either of them, but at times I think opposition are getting a little wise to how they play

Callum was very positive and direct.

15 minutes ago, June Bailey said:

Probably correct. The problem being, if he doesn’t trust Walsh, he ain’t got many options of changing things around. The same as with the forwards.

Back to the Summer transfer window I fear, which with the exception of Webster and the loanees, ain’t looking terrific.. once again!

Early days though, Hunt maybe can up his game, as with Weimann and Watkins possibly is just suffering from being at the end of Norwich boo-boy treatment. Sure our great leader will sort their heads out sooner rather than later. Can’t have wasted that many £millions after the January debacle otherwise it will all start to look a little careless. 

2 hours ago, Kevin Brady said:

Callum was very positive and direct.

Totally disagree. If he’s so good then why isn’t he starting. O’Dowda needs to start delivering or he’s going to find himself further down the pecking order when everyone is fit  

If you want to see a winger who is positive and direct then wait until we play Derby. They’ve got a lad on loan, Harry Wilson. Scored 2 down here last season for hull. 

2 hours ago, June Bailey said:

For me O’Dowda brings nothing much to the table. No threat going forward and never really troubles his marker. Personally I can’t wait for the lad we signed from Scunthorpe to start challenging for a place in the team. 

Max 7- save in the first minute or two and his distribution was a big improvement on Brentford 

Webster 8 - steady and calm performance 

Kalas 7 - glad to see him back, as per Webster he is very calm and reliable

Hunt 6 - steady performance, didn't get forward as much but that was probably under orders

Da Silva 6- got done a couple of times which nearly cost a goal but got better as the game developed 

Paterson 6 - much better performance from him but it won't stop him being the current scapegoat, deserves another game saturday 

Pack 6 - not up to his usual standard but he's getting back to it

Brownhill 6- unlucky with a couple of attempts, not up to his usual standard 

Eliasson 7 - plenty of involvement and crossing but really needs that end product a bit more often ala Brentford 

Diedhiou 4 - not impressed at all, static in the box, in the right place for the goal though but thats it. We desperately need a striker, maybe Eisa is the one ?

Weimann 5- not up to his usual standard, lot of effort but nothing else really

Subs:

O'dowda - 6  busy and made runs, little end product

Watkins - 6 as per O'Dowda but with a bit more physicality

Taylor 8- very bright, clever runs, should have been on a bit earlier or preferably from the start in place of Diedhiou.

Not a great game against a team lacking in confidence but another clean sheet and three points so shouldn't grumble too much other than to say they'll need to be much better and brighter against Stoke.

Archived