IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda song/F*** off Bolasie (merged)

Red7

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess he’s having the last laugh now though as he’s after all an Everton player, who’da thought?

You could argue that we're having the last laugh, or at least a very long laugh, now that he's on loan at John Terry's lowly Aston Villa...

3 hours ago, Red7 said:

That what I thought I heard, too.

Be interested to know the background behind this song mash-up. Anybody know?

That part of it has been sung since 2012 when he left and we still had Adomah. Previously it was “Yannick Bolasie, Yannick Bolasie” not **** off. Don’t think anyone can really hate the bloke though, we shafted him during his time here not the other way round. Just something that’s stuck. If we get another good winger that fits the song I’m sure that’ll replace it.

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Don’t think anyone can really hate the bloke though, we shafted him during his time here not the other way round. 

Seems plenty can hate him given the booing he received in the Villa game, agree that it’s very harsh as he just left a club where he wasn’t getting game time.

3 hours ago, Chappers said:

Singing about a player who barely played for us and left 6 years ago.

I think people look far too deeply into this kind of thing. I often mumble along with ‘**** off bolaise’ as it’s just habit and fits.

I don’t think there’s an awful lot more to it than that.

As always though anybody in the ground us free to amend/sing as they wish. 

I look forward to hearing other interpretations from different parts of the ground.

14 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

That part of it has been sung since 2012 when he left and we still had Adomah. Previously it was “Yannick Bolasie, Yannick Bolasie” not **** off. Don’t think anyone can really hate the bloke though, we shafted him during his time here not the other way round. Just something that’s stuck. If we get another good winger that fits the song I’m sure that’ll replace it.

Correct. Lot of soul searching going on about nothing 

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I'm bloody glad you don't write the lyrics for our Eurovision entries. We would surely get nil pois.

We'd probably win!

56 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Seems like that section of the ground just need the excuse to swear. Love watching them and them getting the singing starting but some of it is unnecessary. Don’t mind swearing just don’t see the reason for it to be used so often

It's awfully naughty.

3 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

The song was sung for Albert, then at the time yannick decided he didn’t want to play for us anymore hence the **** off bolasie. 

It must hark back to then

To be fair to Bolasie, he wasn't really getting the opportunity to play for us at the time. History suggests that maybe he should have been

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

To be fair to Bolasie, he wasn't really getting the opportunity to play for us at the time. History suggests that maybe he should have been

And we did get a fair chunk of sell-on money (didn't we?) so I did wonder why he had heat with us.

18 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Not so sure, we had Albert then and Bolasie was little more than an inconsistent headless chicken, temperamentally immature, nevertheless with great skills and potential.

I seem to remember he really came good in the close season friendlies, looked like he'd earned a place in the team for the forthcoming season, then chose to go in the August.

Bolasie arrived as a relatively inexperienced player with only 51 - mostly lower league - games behind him and made 23 Championship apps. (1 goal) in his only season with us, hardly neglected.

21 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not so sure, we had Albert then and Bolasie was little more than an inconsistent headless chicken, temperamentally immature, nevertheless with great skills and potential.

I seem to remember he really came good in the close season friendlies, looked like he'd earned a place in the team for the forthcoming season, then chose to go in the August.

Bolasie arrived as a relatively inexperienced player with only 51 - mostly lower league - games behind him and made 23 Championship apps. (1 goal) in his only season with us, hardly neglected.

I was one who felt that as a team who largely failed to offer much of a goal threat (after the first month or so of the season when I seem to remember us scoring quite freely), Bolasie was someone we needed to get into the line up. But I agree that there was little to suggest in the cameos he did put in that he'd be sold for £30million a couple of years later.

I don't think it was surprising he didn't get much game time, but if he felt he should be getting more game time and that was the driver for him leaving (from memory the reason given was that he wanted to go back to London tbf), hindsight suggests we should have given him those minutes

3 hours ago, Undy English said:

The original song was when we had Adomah and Bolasie amongst our ranks.

The song, to the tune of Buddy Holly's 'Heartbeat' was dedicated to Albert with 'Yannick Bolansie' filling the gaps in between.

After Bolasie left in a sour fashion, the lyrics were changed to '**** off Bolasie'. This has stayed ever since, even though the song is now about COD, not Albert!

I really can’t see how handing in a transfer request because he wasn’t get much of a look in at our club is ‘leaving in a sour fashion’ and despite the classless ‘F off Bolasie’ nonsense in that song, there were people on here waxing lyrical about Leko when he arrived saying he looked like he could be the next Bolasie, and it was meant in a positive way! I don’t think all City fans dislike the guy as much as the ones who trot out that chant....he wasn’t getting a look in so wanted to move on....fair enough, good on him...no player stays forever....

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I was one who felt that as a team who largely failed to offer much of a goal threat (after the first month or so of the season when I seem to remember us scoring quite freely), Bolasie was someone we needed to get into the line up. But I agree that there was little to suggest in the cameos he did put in that he'd be sold for £30million a couple of years later.

I don't think it was surprising he didn't get much game time, but if he felt he should be getting more game time and that was the driver for him leaving (from memory the reason given was that he wanted to go back to London tbf), hindsight suggests we should have given him those minutes

He played in half the games, not bad for your 1st season, so he couldn't complain about lack of opportunities really.

I think it was his unreliable temperament as well as his inconsistency that prevented even more games - wasn't he sent off for elbowing an opposition player at AG, or did I dream that?

He obviously had confidence he should play regularly, and indeed that he could play at a higher level, and he was proved correct on that one but that's not to say he'd actually earned a regular start at City at that time judged on performances.

He certainly came good very soon after he left us but as I said above I remember reading comments on OTIB at how sharp he looked in pre season games and great hopes for him for the season ahead, and then he put in a transfer request and left.

5 hours ago, Chappers said:

Singing about a player who barely played for us and left 6 years ago.

Yep. Pathetic song tbh. Don’t get how Bolasie is remotely relevant to us? 

Call me a miserable sod but not every song has to be expletive laden for the sake of it, which as far as I can tell is the only reason it’s sung. 

Why can’t it just be a catchy song about O’Dowda? It’s actially a really good chant, ruined. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bolasie made 22 championship appearances that season and only started 15 of those games....Albert made 38 starts that season...pretty obvious who was first choice...

Wiki says 23 apps, but agreed, he was certainly never going to replace the Great Albert that season.

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well he’s actually a Villa player now but he definitely had the last laugh....two serious signing on fees and premier league wages...

He’s on loan at Villa, but his parent club is Everton isn’t it, so he’s an Everton  ( Premiership) player to me, playing in the Championship. Just as Kalas and Da Silva are Chelsea players, and Tammy before them, aren’t ours. 

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Call me a miserable sod but not every song has to be expletive laden for the sake of it, which as far as I can tell is the only reason it’s sung. 

Why can’t it just be a catchy song about O’Dowda? It’s actially a really good chant, ruined. 

Hi bud.

Section 82 are really looking for help and input. If you're keen to change songs and get involved in making a change, I'd recommend contacting them directly.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My thoughts exactly....pretty embarrassing in all honesty 

5 minutes ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

Because it’s the start of the O’Dowda song, but I’m sure it’s better to say ‘Yannick’ than **** off

Fans used to chant ‘Yannick Bolasie’ when he played for us and the chant was based around Albert Adomah and not COD, this was during the McInnes era when they were both in the same team.

Archived