IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda song/F*** off Bolasie (merged)

Red7

13 minutes ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

Why do we sing this? What do we have against him? Sold because we didn’t play him much, he’s only spoke about the club a few times and never said a bad word about us? I must be missing something? 

What a win Last night! Still baffled how we got the three points! 

because overall we were slightly the better team that's why.

16 minutes ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

But now it’s Changed to COD but they’ve changed the yannick to **** off, why? What’s he done wrong? Surely just keep his name there? 

It is annoying. He left six years ago, move on.

(his name scans with the chant, so part of the reason it is still sung, no doubt).

3 hours ago, Undy English said:

Hi bud.

Section 82 are really looking for help and input. If you're keen to change songs and get involved in making a change, I'd recommend contacting them directly.

Sorry if you took offence. It wasn't an insult to S82 or all that sail in her.

It's just pretty cringeworthy that we feel the need to say '**** off Bolasie' in a song that is about O'Dowda. Even more so given that he's considerably bettered himself since leaving us. It's all just a bit tinpot to be honest. 

I think it would be much better with the song as it is, replacing the offensive section with the normal bit of the song :) O'Dowda might even like it more that 'his song' isn't laden with insults to someone who hasn't played for us for 6 years!

Oh ffs @Robbored where are you when OTIB needs you? 

Come in and sort this 'chant/song' thing out, when it comes to things like ex-City players and matchday songs I understand you're the 'go to' man to, erm, go to. 

What are your thoughts sir?  … would you like to suggest a change of lyrics is needed?.. Perhaps you have a line or two you like to add.. ? 

This issue needs leadership, the bloody threads going around in circles like a headless bow-legged chicken at the moment.. 

7 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Oh ffs @Robbored where are you when OTIB needs you? 

Come in and sort this 'chant/song' thing out, when it comes to things like ex-City players and matchday songs I understand you're the 'go to' man to, erm, go to. 

What are your thoughts sir?  … would you like to suggest a change of lyrics is needed?.. Perhaps you have a line or two you like to add.. ? 

This issue needs leadership, the bloody threads going around in circles like a headless bow-legged chicken at the moment.. 

Composing songs/chants on here is utterly pointless. We never hear them at AG so what’s the point?

I heard a some kind of muffled chant last night but couldn’t make it out - as I said it’s utterly pointless.

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wiki says 23 apps, but agreed, he was certainly never going to replace the Great Albert that season.

One of those appearances was as a sub in a cup competition - that’s on Wiki too....but you’re right, he was never gonna oust Albert - I just find it strange that our fans need to tell him to ‘F Off’ six years later because he wanted to better himself...

6 hours ago, RedM said:

He’s on loan at Villa, but his parent club is Everton isn’t it, so he’s an Everton  ( Premiership) player to me, playing in the Championship. Just as Kalas and Da Silva are Chelsea players, and Tammy before them, aren’t ours. 

Apologies, I thought he’d signed for Villa properly rather than gone on loan...

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep. Pathetic song tbh. Don’t get how Bolasie is remotely relevant to us? 

Call me a miserable sod but not every song has to be expletive laden for the sake of it, which as far as I can tell is the only reason it’s sung. 

Why can’t it just be a catchy song about O’Dowda? It’s actially a really good chant, ruined. 

Agreed pathetic tinpot song that makes us sound bitter about a player who certainly isn’t a world beater...s82 need to move on from this

13 hours ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

Why do we sing this? What do we have against him? Sold because we didn’t play him much, he’s only spoke about the club a few times and never said a bad word about us? I must be missing something? 

What a win Last night! Still baffled how we got the three points! 

Hang on.

Nothing against you poster....

But I do remember a a Twitter spat with his brother. Nasty. A lot of bad things said.

Plus YB had a website about his career. Pretty sure it was about how his vision was to be in PL. City got in his way.

Could be wrong. Live in Canada... But don't miss much.

It was acrimonious...  Hence the song.

Stevo

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Didn't Bolasie score in the Coventry game on the bank holiday monday in the big relegation battle game that I think kept us up that season ?

3-1 win where Stead scored and got an own goal?

Poured with rain all afternoon if I recall.

Had a red card that day too.

13 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sorry if you took offence. It wasn't an insult to S82 or all that sail in her.

It's just pretty cringeworthy that we feel the need to say '**** off Bolasie' in a song that is about O'Dowda. Even more so given that he's considerably bettered himself since leaving us. It's all just a bit tinpot to be honest. 

I think it would be much better with the song as it is, replacing the offensive section with the normal bit of the song :) O'Dowda might even like it more that 'his song' isn't laden with insults to someone who hasn't played for us for 6 years!

No offence taken at all pal, just saying, a lot of people on this forum criticizing songs and suggesting improvements, but only about 5/6 regular blokes actually in S82 who organise everything and try to improve the atmosphere. I'm sure they'd be grateful for any help/feedback.

Archived