IGNORED

Relatively poor turnout by the Hull fans (merged)

Super

1 minute ago, Super said:

Was there really 204 away fans last night? Didnt look like there was more than 100! Fair play though to ones that made the trip.

Having it on TV will kill those kind of games. You’d have to be very committed or live nearby to make that trip mid week when it’s on the box. 

Fair play to them all, Hull look like they could be in some serious trouble and they still made the slog south. Wouldn’t mind that Bowen in January mind...

27 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Anybody know how many fans Hull had there last night? Didn't look like much above 100.
Just interested, as I think I'm right in saying that Tranmere brought over 400 down to the FGR match the night before.

I’ve said on another thread that I did a rough count and made it 80 odd.

Fairly sure Hull fans- not that it explains it fully- are boycotting up there.

Well partially anyway, basically big problems between fans and owners, their attendances are right down. Probably will return to normal numbers when Hull is sold.

Agreed @Cider-Head23 though the boycott thing clearly plays a part too.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-gradually-losing-battle-1872147

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Having it on TV will kill those kind of games. You’d have to be very committed or live nearby to make that trip mid week when it’s on the box. 

Fair play to them all, Hull look like they could be in some serious trouble and they still made the slog south. Wouldn’t mind that Bowen in January mind...

Yep was obvious the red button would hit midweek away games.

Did we charge them the full amount too, no discounts? When I went up there last season it was £12 I think, and we charged them nearer £30. No wonder they are boycotting, and the red button just helps make the decision.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well partially anyway, basically big problems between fans and owners, their attendances are right down. Probably will return to normal numbers when Hull is sold.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-gradually-losing-battle-1872147

Reading that makes you appreciate even more that SL is a Bristolian and not a foreign owner.  Cardiff had issues with Tan, Blackburn with the Venkies and now Hull City........

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I spoke to a few Hull fans in a pub after the match. (They were Bristol based so didn’t have to travel back to Hull). They basically agreed with the newspaper article and thought the club is doomed with the current owners. They were resigned to life in League 1 next season and felt sorry for Nigel Adkins!  

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Reading that makes you appreciate even more that SL is a Bristolian and not a foreign owner.  Cardiff had issues with Tan, Blackburn with the Venkies and now Hull City........

Hull's owners have lived in Hull since the late 60s. The story is one I know fairly well, it's not one of foreign ownership, its losing touch with the fanbase and pursuing commercial goals without taking the fans with them...

3 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Hull's owners have lived in Hull since the late 60s. The story is one I know fairly well, it's not one of foreign ownership, its losing touch with the fanbase and pursuing commercial goals without taking the fans with them...

Exactly, spot on... @Robbored has got it wrong yet again....one of his many assumptions that are totally incorrect....the Hull City owner went to Hull University and, as you said, he has lived in the area since 1968....how good old Robbored can compare him to Vincent Tan and the Venkies is laughable.....the Hull City owner and his family originally bought into Hull because they ‘wanted to give something back’ to the area that had been so good to them and they realised that the local football club was an important part of the community. However, as you also said, they have made some questionable decisions along the way and do seem to have lost the fans somewhat, but this is far away from the tales of woe at Cardiff and Blackburn...

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Exactly, spot on... @Robbored has got it wrong yet again....one of his many assumptions that are totally incorrect....the Hull City owner went to Hull University and, as you said, he has lived in the area since 1968....

How do you know this stuff?

I have zero interest in who owns which club other than Bristol City.

I know of the Venkies and Tan simply because I listen to talk Sport most mornings and they’re regularly discussed.  The Oystens get air time as well.

A gashead I know made a complete fool of himself on Facebook by showing a screenshot of Ashton Gate with a caption of "I thought City had lots of fans lolololol!!!".

It was soon pointed out to him that not only was his screenshot of the away end, but that he had also just admitted watching City after previously saying he would "rather die". ?

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

How do you know this stuff?

I have zero interest in who owns which club other than Bristol City.

I know of the Venkies and Tan simply because I listen to talk Sport most mornings and they’re regularly discussed.  The Oystens get air time as well.

I read a lot - I got most of this info from around the time the Hull owners investigated changing the club name to Hull City Tigers - a dreadful suggestion....

9 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

A gashead I know made a complete fool of himself on Facebook by showing a screenshot of Ashton Gate with a caption of "I thought City had lots of fans lolololol!!!".

It was soon pointed out to him that not only was his screenshot of the away end, but that he had also just admitted watching City after previously saying he would "rather die". ?

Nice of the Gashead to pay his money to Bristol City for a match ticket. May I suggest he buys tickets for Rovers more often and then they might not have to sell all their best players and house their supporters in tents.

I feel a bit sorry for Hull for a couple of reasons: I lived there for a couple of years in the mid 90's.  The only previous time I had been to a professional football match before my son made me take him to the Gate was at Boothferry Park.  I was not at the prestigious KwikSave end for the tier 4 game, but with the Fulham fans.  The game was dire but I was impressed by the Fulham crowd's wall of banter.  When I say crowd I could say bunch - there was no direct train from London at the time.  The home fans had "fish out" banners.  There was some irony there as I expect the trawlers from hull had done their best to fish out stocks wherever they went before they sold out their quota.  And then there was a home support walkout.  What a laugh.

Another reason to feel sorry for them is that the name Hull FC is taken, by people who do play catch with the squashed ball.  Not even the same rules as they play down here, not that I ever worked them out.

But then there is their away support gallery.

image.thumb.png.f1868f8457a55719878cdcf7271d3c26.png

Archived