IGNORED

Everyone’s talking about a creative midfielder..

SCANTS-CTID

1 hour ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

a lot of us talking about being in desperate need of a creative midfielder, never really replaced Hartley, who could we realistically chase? Who would you like to see in the heart of our midfield?

I’d possibly prefer a destroyer first.

The problem is that anyone playing at our level who we KNOW would improve us is out of our reach i.e. Dack, Hourihane

There are then players from lower down the Championship or at the top of League One, but would they improve on Pack and Brownhill?  Would Josh Morris improve us?  Oliver Norwood?

Then you have young Premier League players who cannot get in their teams and need to drop down.  Liam Walsh for example who is already here.  

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Then you have young Premier League players who cannot get in their teams and need to drop down.  Liam Walsh for example who is already here. 

I think he could possibly do a job in our MF, I also think it would need a change to a 3, which I also think would improve our MF. We constantly look a man light in the centre .

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Because he is tall and black?! He is more a number 10.  Strolls about.  Isnt a dynamic destroyer

I wouldn't pretend to know - I haven't seen him since he's been playing regular League football, what responsibilities he's been given, or how Newport are using him.

Getting very positive reports though.

2 hours ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

a lot of us talking about being in desperate need of a creative midfielder, never really replaced Hartley, who could we realistically chase? Who would you like to see in the heart of our midfield?

We fans are desperate for such a signing but it seems that LJ is happy with what he has.......I’m sure if LJ was questioned about it he’d say that City have adequate cover in Hegeler and Walsh should Pack/Brownhill get injured or suspended.

1. With the right manager we might attract a truly creative midfielder someone with the qualities of a Will Hughes

2. A player like that costs about £10 million at present

I'm hoping there is massive change at our Club and that one day BCFC make 1 and 2 happen

I'm 70 years of age, what are the chances before I snuff it mates?

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We fans are desperate for such a signing but it seems that LJ is happy with what he has.......I’m sure if LJ was questioned about it he’d say that City have adequate cover in Hegeler and Walsh should Pack/Brownhill get injured or suspended.

LJ did say last season - in response to the Q - that if he could have one player it would be Barry Bannan.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I think he could possibly do a job in our MF, I also think it would need a change to a 3, which I also think would improve our MF. We constantly look a man light in the centre .

Agree - I would like to see us try 433 including Walsh at some point. 

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

1. With the right manager we might attract a truly creative midfielder someone with the qualities of a Will Hughes

I'm hoping there is massive change at our Club and that one day BCFC make 1 and 2 happen

With the right manager?? Jesus.

3 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

70 years old doesn’t excuse you for not considering SLs strategy that LJ is working to and it doesn’t involve spending millions on any player essentially because they’ll demand huge salaries......

Two words - stability and sustainability.

Imo Tyler Adams from NYRB would be a perfect fit in our side. At 19, he’s recently broken into the USMNT and has excellent potential. 

The MLS is getting stronger and stronger and there are some great players in that league right now. 

I know we looked at Steffan (GK) but I think it’s such a good avenue to look down. It’s a relatively untouched market, I mentioned Cyle Larin last year as a potential striker. He went to Besiktas for absolute peanuts. Just think it’s something to massively look at.  Any player you signed in Jan would also be fit and ready due to the season times over there.

29 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Imo Tyler Adams from NYRB would be a perfect fit in our side. At 19, he’s recently broken into the USMNT and has excellent potential. 

The MLS is getting stronger and stronger and there are some great players in that league right now. 

I know we looked at Steffan (GK) but I think it’s such a good avenue to look down. It’s a relatively untouched market, I mentioned Cyle Larin last year as a potential striker. He went to Besiktas for absolute peanuts. Just think it’s something to massively look at.  Any player you signed in Jan would also be fit and ready due to the season times over there.

Agree about the MLS and young American players in general. That said Adams would be extremely ambitious and I expect him to end up at a club on the European stage(Leipzig, Monaco, Ajax or someone like that). He is one of many regulars in the team now as they build for the future.

Another I like though and possibly more obtainable is Kellyn Acosta. He is a bit more championship style imo with his hard work and athleticism. Decent footballer too. Also a bit older and possibly more ready than Adams. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

But he doesn't use them  Alan they would have to have broken legs pack an Brownhill

Archived