IGNORED

Ryan Kent

Bs4Red

It’s hard to tell. Danny Rose looked like tosh here, Caulker looked like a major honour winning defender. I think more often than not it is likely to be mental; rose didn’t want to be here, caulker did and appreciated it.

Kent is on his 5th loan spell and only now really performing, makes me feel he’s had a realisation. But I don’t think anyone is bidding big after a good spell at Rangers. It is fruitless looking good in Scotland: when was the last ‘big’ money signing based upon SPL performances?!

I wager he’ll come back, find himself on loan somewhere else and be as crap as he was here, or just resign himself to playing in such a poor league as the SPL. 

I think if he joined at the start off the season it would’ve be different. At the start of the season not every game is a must win so players can be more expansive with a lot less pressure and would’ve have time to settle in. I hate Transfers in January and think they should only be used in desperation. E.g. tomlin to keep us up 

6 hours ago, 29AR said:

Kent is on his 5th loan spell and only now really performing, makes me feel he’s had a realisation. But I don’t think anyone is bidding big after a good spell at Rangers. It is fruitless looking good in Scotland: when was the last ‘big’ money signing based upon SPL performances?!

Dembélé went to Lyon, from Celtic, for £20M I think.

With regards to Kent, it just didn’t work out for him here. Sometimes it’s simply wrong club wrong time. If he wasn’t playing in the SPL I could see him performing in the championship. I think Blackburn were linked around the time he chose Rangers.

9 hours ago, 29AR said:

It is fruitless looking good in Scotland: when was the last ‘big’ money signing based upon SPL performances?!

Seriously? There are plenty. Just because people view the Scottish Premiership (SPL isn't a thing anymore) as rubbish doesn't mean good players don't play there.

This summer for example, Moussa Dembele went to Lyon for £20m. Stuart Armstrong went to Southampton for £7m.

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

Dembélé went to Lyon, from Celtic, for £20M I think.

With regards to Kent, it just didn’t work out for him here. Sometimes it’s simply wrong club wrong time. If he wasn’t playing in the SPL I could see him performing in the championship. I think Blackburn were linked around the time he chose Rangers.

Fair, I stand corrected

11 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Seriously? There are plenty. Just because people view the Scottish Premiership (SPL isn't a thing anymore) as rubbish doesn't mean good players don't play there.

This summer for example, Moussa Dembele went to Lyon for £20m. Stuart Armstrong went to Southampton for £7m.

You can have Dembele, but £7m in the current market - mad or otherwise - is not big money. See Jack Marriot... 

There are good players for sure I would never say otherwise, but they are few and the better than average can stand out. 

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

He walked into training acting Billy big bollocks, and as the rest of the squad was so tight knit he didn't fit in 

Do you know this or is it just you stating what you think? No offence meant of course, I'd just really be not surprised if what you say is true. You could spot it a mile off in his first game for us, zero running off the ball.

• Admin
30 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Do you know this or is it just you stating what you think? No offence meant of course, I'd just really be not surprised if what you say is true. You could spot it a mile off in his first game for us, zero running off the ball.

Hi @nebristolred admittedly hearsay, but was from a relative of a player who was with us last season

10 hours ago, 29AR said:

It’s hard to tell. Danny Rose looked like tosh here, Caulker looked like a major honour winning defender. I think more often than not it is likely to be mental; rose didn’t want to be here, caulker did and appreciated it.

I wager he’ll come back, find himself on loan somewhere else and be as crap as he was here, or just resign himself to playing in such a poor league as the SPL. 

Virgil?

Kent - I don’t think he’ll end up in the Prem.  I don’t think he’ll play regularly for a top 6/8 Champ sides either.  He might play in and out for lower Champ sides, or flit between League One and Champ.  He strikes me as a player who plays with his head down, doesn’t know when to pass, or play in a team.  I don’t think you can judge Rangers performances, need to see him in the Champ again.

4 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Kent came in from a loan spell in Germany.  He didn't play many games there and was unfit,  due to those lack of games.  Looked good in some games but others , he didn't want to know. In the end an expensive loan deal. 

Unfit?  Or lacking match sharpness?  Or lacking drive?

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

From The Times, this morning:

Bit of a chicken and egg situation that one though isn't it? Do you fully back the player and hope he repays you with performances or do you make the player earn your backing and if he doesn't perform drop him accordingly? I didn't think his performances were particularly strong (thought Cotterill's efforts in the same position as a loan signing the season before were much more effective) so why should the manager back him in the circumstances? I think he needs to take a bit more self responsibility to be honest.

Archived