IGNORED

Bristol City v Stoke City Match Day 15

Walsh.taylor.de silva.all played well make big impacts and lj the ass licker dosnt select them.open your eyes .fammys touch is worse than big wayne Allison's.patts dosnt look intrested.start form players .yet again tinkering too much same as last season.he really dont know his best 11 still.we need a striker who can hold the ball not fammy .

16 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Yeah, like the last 2 games that we’ve somehow managed to win.. the brand of football we play this season is extremely boring, not value for money.. Stoke just sat back second half and hence we looked better.. god knows how this side have accrued 22 thus far... simply dreadful!!!

We've accrued 22 points thus far because we've won and drawn enough games to gain them, doesn't take Einstein to work that out... 

15 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Cheers pal, I understand. I once watched 5 successive 0-0s at home under Pulis. And that was in the third tier when we had million pound players up front.

I remember a Bristol City fan coming onto the Oatcake to warn us about Pulis when we first appointed him. It was the scariest foretelling of the future outside of Nostradamus when he'd got a downer on him. It was largely accurate too. It wasn't all bad of course, but 10 years of watching that kind of thing can make your eyes bleed.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We could have given it a go first half but we did not. They looked tired and disinterested but we played the game in to their hands acting with zero committment or pace.

I don't agree. In the 1st half we went toe to toe with Stoke, it was a very scrappy game due to the style Stoke play, we did struggle to deal with that style in the 1st half but we certainly got stuck in. 

I'm hardly LJs greatest fan but I could be if we played like we did in the second half with greater regularity. Lovely to watch. Nicely blended mix of youth and experience. What a great prospect Walsh looks. Shame to lose but you have to credit Butland. Play more regularly like that second half performance and we'll be going home happy more often than not - and we'll be entertained. 

1 minute ago, Dreamkiller said:

I remember a Bristol City fan coming onto the Oatcake to warn us about Pulis when we first appointed him. It was the scariest foretelling of the future outside of Nostradamus when he'd got a downer on him. It was largely accurate too. It wasn't all bad of course, but 10 years of watching that kind of thing can make your eyes bleed.

I've just watched you play like that for 90 minutes and my eyes are bleeding...

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If there really was a “gulf in class” between these two sets of players, would they be five points behind us and playing in the same division?

The comment was clearly made at half time when, let's be honest...we had just watched a half of football where Joe Allen and the ginger lad they had were streets ahead of our midfielders

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The comment was clearly made at half time when, let's be honest...we had just watched a half of football where Joe Allen and the ginger lad they had were streets ahead of our midfielders

Ryan Woods. Our improved results coincided with his arrival. He allows Allen to be the headless chicken he wants to be.

32 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Yeah, like the last 2 games that we’ve somehow managed to win.. the brand of football we play this season is extremely boring, not value for money.. Stoke just sat back second half and hence we looked better.. god knows how this side have accrued 22 thus far... simply dreadful!!!

Clueless 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

If you supported an Arsenal, a Spurs or even a Leeds I could sympathise with your “simply dreadful” assessment.

But you don’t. You support Bristol City, a team who historically have generally sat between the second and third tier, have never won a trophy and haven’t competed in the top division for 40 years.

Currently we are mid table in the Championship, have just narrowly lost to a side playing Premier League football last season, having won our previous two matches, and we remain in contention for a play off spot with two thirds of the season remaining.

We are not Brazil 1970. And we are not as consistent as you might hope us to be. We aren’t special by any means. But with the exception of one season in 2007/08 this is about as far from “simply dreadful” as we have been for 30 years.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Clearly you like watching a shit brand of football and find that totally acceptable? I don’t.. does that make me clueless... 

If anyones clueless it’s LJ!!

Did we appointment a new manager at half time then? Because I struggle to understand how if LJ is so clueless how we managed to perform so well in the second half.

Was pleased to attend with Hav today.

Walsh played some great attacking crisp passes. Pato got shrugged off the ball too easily and needs to put on some muscle. Kalas looked dangerous running forward when the space opened up, maybe do more of this with Pack dropping in for cover.

22 shots, 8 on target, no goals, just about sums it up. 

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Did anyone see the Stoke player hand his shirt to some City fans in the corner of the Dolman after the game?

i wonder what that was about - why not hand it to one of his own fans in the Attyeo?

any idea?

Pretty sure they were affiliated to Stoke. I was right next to this at the end. 

All a bit bizarre i reckon. Some couldve taken that the wrong way and caused issues.