IGNORED

Bristol City v Stoke City Match Day 15

21 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Sorry but Taylor should be starting at 10 we need goals and that needs two strikers on the pitch, he's on forum at the moment should be making the most of it, 

Well i hope hes out on the pitch, not wasting his time on here reading some joker posts!!

i like Pato at the 10 position. Lets not forget thats where he played his best last season. 

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Fammy needs to strengthen up aswell. He is weak as piss 

The gulf in class between both sets of players is frightening

Hello my OTIB chums. Not been on for a while, probably around the time you were giving Man U a footballing lesson.

Not heard anyone mention a gulf in class on the plus side for us for a few years now. It's been a one way street downhill for quite some time.

Hopefully we can hang on to the lead, but it's not something we're good at doing else we'd still be in the Premier League. We've got the softest underbelly inaginable.

You'll get chances, just a question of how good you are at taking them. If we're still a goal up with 20 minutes to go, we'll get nervous and fall further and further back, inviting pressure. We'll need at least another goal, maybe two to finish this game off.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Devoid of any attacking quality or intent just waiting for Stoke to score. Their defence has struggled all season against quicker busy strikers so what do we do, play Fammy up there on his own. 

Get Taylor on.

Indeed, leave out both Taylor and Weimann and you have an attack with no energy., 

HT 0-1. Stoke been marginally the better side, more quick attacking than we have had. LJ took a gamble playing Pato in No.10 role and it simply has not worked, Pato has been anonymous. What gets me is Fammy & Taylor played so well together against Stoke in the league cup and Stoke have struggled defensively against busy clever players like Taylor.

LJ should haul Pato off and put Taylor on over HT, but I bet he doesn't do anything.

Edited by old_eastender

Stoke deserving of their lead at HT, without being great. Muchlike the first half of the last two games, other than the other side managed to finish a chance.

Not a great game really. Fammy had a couple of half chances, but we just seemed to have lacked urgency all over, and just seem to be not carrying much threat at all.

Edited by cityexile
5 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Hello my OTIB chums. Not been on for a while, probably around the time you were giving Man U a footballing lesson.

Not heard anyone mention a gulf in class on the plus side for us for a few years now. It's been a one way street downhill for quite some time.

Hopefully we can hang on to the lead, but it's not something we're good at doing else we'd still be in the Premier League. We've got the softest underbelly inaginable.

You'll get chances, just a question of how good you are at taking them. If we're still a goal up with 20 minutes to go, we'll get nervous and fall further and further back, inviting pressure. We'll need at least another goal, maybe two to finish this game off.

I’m sure if you read the rest of this thread you’ll feel better, knowing that the game is already over, we are rubbish and our manager is clueless. The experts have spoken..!

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

If Paterson emerges for the 2nd half LJ has clearly lost the plot, he is dreadful, half hearted, weak, not worth his place in the side and we are a weaker side when he plays.

To me the Paterson situation is getting a bit like when Fontaine was continuously played despite being devoid of form or confidence. 

Paterson needs to be out of the squad for a few weeks.

• Like 1