IGNORED

Bristol City v Stoke City Match Day 15

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The Prem dream and visibility cause that methinks. Some of my more enjoyable City games, were bizarrely mid 80s when we had imploded. I recall a mid week game against Aldershot, at home. Their fans came in a mini bus that parked inside the ground, and they were all dressed in pink panther outfits It was freezing and miserable, and they danced the whole game. We were laughing all night. 

Hard to understand today why fans moaning on back of two wins, and still very much in the game. 

I generally attribute it to a lack of maturity or ability to keep a reasonable perspective, and unrealistic expectations of supporting an unremarkable second tier football club.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Wow. I think we understand better than most that Pulis isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, to say the least, but I wouldn’t have expected that strength of feeling from a fan of a team he got promoted and established in the top division.

It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it. I like my football to incorporate a smidgeon of erm...football. 

15 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The Prem dream and visibility cause that methinks. Some of my more enjoyable City games, were bizarrely mid 80s when we had imploded. I recall a mid week game against Aldershot, at home. Their fans came in a mini bus that parked inside the ground, and they were all dressed in pink panther outfits It was freezing and miserable, and they danced the whole game. We were laughing all night. 

Hard to understand today why fans moaning on back of two wins, and still very much in the game. 

My favourite time as a supporter was watching Macari's team in the third tier. The Premier League is all about biased refs, one-eyed media, diving fairies and a closed shop as far as winning anything is concerned. As a Championship side, all there is to look forward to is getting back up there. Some dream! 

Social media where anyone can have their say but only the over-the-top comments get really noticed doesn't help. Add this to the 'I want it now generation' and you get people walking out at 1-0 down - if that really happened.

Edited by Dreamkiller
4 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

2 wins yes but some might say they were robberies in games we hardly dominated but managed to sneak all the points, cant see it happening today...but stranger things have happened though.

Dump the 2 third tier strikers, who have hardly played anyway, buy a proven striker and midfield leader........not gonna happen is it; we may make a half-hearted attempt at that in the window but we don't want to go anywhere yet I believe.......so we wont.

If you can’t give the team credit when they’ve won without dominating, does that mean you are happy to praise them when they lose despite dominating? That happens too. Or is it just not possible for you to give any credit at all?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

My favourite time as a supporter was watching Macari's team in the third tier. The Premier League is all about biased refs, one-eyed media, diving fairies and a closed shop as far as winning anything is concerned. As a Championship side, all there is to look forward to is getting back up there. Some dream! 

Social media where anyone can have their say but only the over-the-top comments get really noticed doesn't help. Add this to the 'I want it now generation' and you get people walking out at 1-0 down - if that really happened.

You sum up how I think we might/will find the “dream” of premier league football, if it’s ever realised. 

After the thrill of the first season or two, it becomes a struggle to stay there, until you eventually get relegated, then hope to go back up to struggle again. 

Thank god Leicester gave us fans an inkling if hope that that’s not all there is to look forward too..! 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You sum up how I think we might/will find the “dream” of premier league football, if it’s ever realised. 

After the thrill of the first season or two, it becomes a struggle to stay there, until you eventually get relegated, then hope to go back up to struggle again. 

Thank god Leicester gave us fans an inkling if hope that that’s not all there is to look forward too..! 

In some ways I think Leicester made it worse. We had three 9th place finishes on the trot and supporters were generally pleased with that. Then we looked at Leicester and started thinking that 9th place was a bit feeble really. It changed expectations far beyond what was realistic. 

We didn't really struggle too much over the 10 years. We just went from comfortably 9th to relegation in two years. None of us really know how we deteriorated so quickly.

Edited by Dreamkiller
  • Like 1