IGNORED

Bristol City Twitter Account

JasonM88

11 minutes ago, winsaw said:

:laugh: sounds like the old people are shouting at the modern world, I think it's really good fun and interesting, and will engage with the younger age group they are aiming for on there, 

No it won’t. Twitters minimum age is 14. That tweeting will not interest a 14 year old. Maybe 10, not 14.

As someone who has worked in Social Media, I would say most people on OTIB are not in the social demographic, that the Media Team are hoping to engage with.  Every type of media used has a strategy, metrics are gathered and analysed.  Unfortunately for some this type of engagement isn't well received, but you have to remember that  Bristol City is a brand, brands are successful on how much exposure they are afforded. 

Remember the Goal GIFs? Those weren't for the benefit of the fans, it was about creating something that would go viral on Twitter.

I know some will hark back to the days of Clubcall and exclusive scoops in the Sport sections of newspapers. Again the world has moved on.

But yes the account to me is like Marmite, since Adam has left.

4 minutes ago, Flintsforehead said:

Remember the Goal GIFs? Those weren't for the benefit of the fans, it was about creating something that would go viral on Twitter

If there is a demographic for which conducting a vote on emoji items of crockery will go viral, we should probably think about rounding them up now.

The issue is they don’t understand how to appeal to a younger demographic without alienating an older demographic. 

GIFs were brilliant, and done very well. But is asking about an emoji for the away club going to get a younger supporter excited? Not really.

Is it going to look childish and alienate the older (I’m 24 and I think it’s crap so classing myself as older) audience? Yes.

Do the pros outweigh the cons? No. 

Also someone tweeted saying “grow up” and they, the official account, replied saying “no, you grow up”. This is to a fan FFS who has a very valid point!

They have also started posting far too much content, and frankly becoming annoying. 

Overall if any fans are getting annoyed with your social media then you’re doing it wrong. Will they listen? Absolutely not, someone needs to have a word.

I guess when we we're winning, we have to find something to moan about... ?

I don't use Twitter at all, but just gone through recent tweets, and really struggling to see what is so embarrassing? Apart from maybe the one about what emoji to use. 

I wonder what we'll be complaining about if we win today? 

36 minutes ago, winsaw said:

:laugh: sounds like the old people are shouting at the modern world, I think it's really good fun and interesting, and will engage with the younger age group they are aiming for on there, 

Old people? There are 12 year olds taking the piss out of this. 

You won’t get much younger being on social media to see this anyway. The whole build up to the Hull game was cringeworthy. Tweeting every hour about being at the game!

We’re not ####tards, we do have access to the fixture list.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Old people? There are 12 year olds taking the piss out of this. 

You won’t get much younger being on social media to see this anyway. The whole build up to the Hull game was cringeworthy. Tweeting every hour about being at the game!

We’re not ####tards, we do have access to the fixture list.

Exactly, positive ‘interactions’ (as they are called on Twitter) are very rare from this type of tweet. 

Less is more, especially on twitter which is designed to limit content. Keep it basic, keep it cool and slick and people will notice more. 

The problem them is, most people don’t understand how social works. It’s about engagement and reaching larger audiences. Every time somebody comments on this shit or retweets slagging it off they’re helping to spread the Bristol city brand to even more of their own followers which is ultimately what the social media team will want to achieve. The only way to stop this continual embarrassment is for everyone to stop interacting with any of the social media outlets.

18 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I don't use Twitter at all, but just gone through recent tweets, and really struggling to see what is so embarrassing? Apart from maybe the one about what emoji to use. 

Not really

16 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Agreed.  That's the first time that I've looked at it and it reads like every other Twitter account owing to the format: a collection of off the top head one line messages with a picture attached.

That's what Twitter is and the aim of most accounts is keeping the volumes up to keep the followers interested.

It's not for me, I prefer the War and Peace length essays of a forum, but it has plenty of devotees.

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Agreed.  That's the first time that I've looked at it and it reads like every other Twitter account owing to the format: a collection of off the top head one line messages with a picture attached.

That's what Twitter is and the aim of most accounts is keeping the volumes up to keep the followers interested.

It's not for me, I prefer the War and Peace length essays of a forum, but it has plenty of devotees.

Followers are dropping slowly looking at the statistics. That shouldn’t really be happening for any large accounts.

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

Nobody below the age of 14-15 uses twitter. I'm 16 and only started using it last year myself.

5 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Followers are dropping slowly looking at the statistics. That shouldn’t really be happening for any large accounts.

Lots of large accounts are losing followers - Twitter are being more proactive in recent months in remove bots.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/10/26/donald-trump-accuses-twitter-removing-followers-purge-fake-accounts/

40 minutes ago, Selred said:

Also someone tweeted saying “grow up” and they, the official account, replied saying “no, you grow up”. This is to a fan FFS who has a very valid point!

That reply was comedy gold! Can’t fault them for that. Grow up. No you grow up. That’s ace. 

39 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

The problem them is, most people don’t understand how social works. It’s about engagement and reaching larger audiences. Every time somebody comments on this shit or retweets slagging it off they’re helping to spread the Bristol city brand to even more of their own followers which is ultimately what the social media team will want to achieve. The only way to stop this continual embarrassment is for everyone to stop interacting with any of the social media outlets.

This used to be the blueprint, “any news is good news”, not these days. People are far more brand ‘aware’ and will boycott brands that are seen in a negative like.

Archived